HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 03, 2012, 09:35 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,072 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaeolien View Post
Heavier than the Omega... are you flying super nose heavy? My packs are nowhere near close to the motor shaft. I guess having some foam there won't hurt just in case.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2012, 09:50 PM
Team Hillbilly
United States, MD, Dundalk
Joined Feb 2009
3,492 Posts
Hey has anyone else had an issue getting email notifications from Rcg? I haven't had any Rcg email notifications for a few days now. I even posted in a thread to see if that was the issue. I also went in and my subscriptions are still set for instant email notifications. Very odd. Maybe I am missing something?
tominator06 is offline Find More Posts by tominator06
Old Dec 03, 2012, 09:57 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
I was getting them today normally.
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old Dec 03, 2012, 10:04 PM
3d addict
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined May 2011
1,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
Heavier than the Omega... are you flying super nose heavy? My packs are nowhere near close to the motor shaft. I guess having some foam there won't hurt just in case.
Nope not nose heavy at all. Balances just the tiniest bit tail heavy with the battery all the forward at the firewall. Right around the 90mm mark for the cg. Flies great. Using zippy compact 2200 3s.

Was thinking of pulling the cowl off and moving the esc closer to the end of the motor box but that would require extending the battery leads not sure I want to do that.

Plane balances and flies great where it all sits right now although it would be easier to get battery in and strapped down if it was back a little. May fiddle with it some this week since the weather is going to be unflyable till Monday or Tuesday next week at least.
Aaeolien is offline Find More Posts by Aaeolien
Old Dec 03, 2012, 10:10 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
Finally got my replacement set of Power Pole Crimps from Powerwerx today.

The first tool only lasted a year, pins sheared off inside the mechanism. Went without all this season, borrowed a local set a couple times, but had to get one back on the bench. Need more new 4S 4000's and 3S 2200's that will need new PPoles crimped.

So next up later this month is a couple of 4S 4000's for the 57 SC. Still flying on one Original Zippy 20C from 2010! Still holding up well. The plane has 255 flights on it now between three Batts. Not bad.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 10:14 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randidly View Post
The Good Story is I slid my Harley under a 18 wheeler

The truth is I was getting ready to go flying, went in to change my shirt before leaving, had a dizzy spell, passed out and woke up with a broke leg.
Man Randy! Glad to see your doing better! But.... you'll be a TSA target for the rest of your life. Maybe just better stick to the Harley from here on out....
Old Dec 04, 2012, 05:57 AM
Righteous 87
United States, FL, Port St Lucie
Joined Jun 2009
1,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heritageflyer View Post
Man Randy! Glad to see your doing better! But.... you'll be a TSA target for the rest of your life. Maybe just better stick to the Harley from here on out....
Yep
Randidly is offline Find More Posts by Randidly
Old Dec 04, 2012, 06:21 AM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tominator06 View Post
Hey has anyone else had an issue getting email notifications from Rcg? I haven't had any Rcg email notifications for a few days now. I even posted in a thread to see if that was the issue. I also went in and my subscriptions are still set for instant email notifications. Very odd. Maybe I am missing something?
I have this issue often. Drives me nuts
losifanatic is online now Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Dec 04, 2012, 06:58 AM
Santi
United States, MO, Clayton
Joined Nov 2003
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tominator06 View Post
With the amount of posts we all make in these threads, email notifications would drive me nuts!!! I don't think I could handle my phone vibrating every 6 seconds!
DaaBears is offline Find More Posts by DaaBears
Old Dec 04, 2012, 09:59 AM
Perfect 3pt inverted landing!
USA, AL, Huntsville
Joined Oct 2008
3,089 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randidly View Post
Post Surgery Xray

There is my modeling budget for the next 30 years
Ouch!

How in the world do you shatter the big bone w/o breaking that other smaller one??

Did you fall on the edge of a desk or coffee table or something? Looks like someone hit you with a sledge hammer!

Do the screws come out once the bones mend?

Sorry to see this Randidly.
teookie is offline Find More Posts by teookie
Old Dec 04, 2012, 10:26 AM
Well, now that you know ...
Grafton, Massachusetts, United States
Joined Sep 2004
5,739 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCDme3D View Post
With the amount of posts we all make in these threads, email notifications would drive me nuts!!! I don't think I could handle my phone vibrating every 6 seconds!
Maybe more often would be more ... welcomed.
Bigster is online now Find More Posts by Bigster
Old Dec 04, 2012, 10:48 AM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,929 Posts
looks like an impact fracture to me. The smaller bone made no contact with the hard surface.
going4speed is offline Find More Posts by going4speed
Old Dec 04, 2012, 12:56 PM
United States, FL, Marianna
Joined Apr 2011
860 Posts
Can anyone recommend some decent battery staps. I need replacements ranging from single 3s1800s up do 2x6s5500. Thanks
dentalpain is offline Find More Posts by dentalpain
Old Dec 04, 2012, 01:07 PM
220lb of Canned Heat, baby
United States, IN, Derby
Joined Feb 2012
3,752 Posts
Align's heli straps are pretty decent, so I've heard.

I just get a roll of Velcro from Wal Mart and cut it to whatever length I need, then glue it into place.
quadracer is online now Find More Posts by quadracer
Old Dec 04, 2012, 01:26 PM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,929 Posts
Scorpion battery straps work great.
going4speed is offline Find More Posts by going4speed