HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 15, 2012, 06:39 PM
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,669 Posts
Okay Guys, good news and bad news. My 51" Slick review won't go into print
It will be in the Feb online edition of MAN and March Online edition of Electric Flight.

Buuuuutttt.....they are giving me an "Aerobatic Plane" to review soon.
I hope its either EF or 3DHS, not the Electrifly Yak or somthing....but whatever!
I guess PA would be okay also....
So excited!
Alex
Alex Schauer is offline Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2012, 06:47 PM
Addicted to 3DHS and EF
ohio
Joined Oct 2010
4,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer View Post
Okay Guys, good news and bad news. My 51" Slick review won't go into print
It will be in the Feb online edition of MAN and March Online edition of Electric Flight.

Buuuuutttt.....they are giving me an "Aerobatic Plane" to review soon.
I hope its either EF or 3DHS, not the Electrifly Yak or somthing....but whatever!
I guess PA would be okay also....
So excited!
Alex
PA, if it were PA I would tell then to kiss my . . I can not stand those people that run PA and there business practices of sending defective products out to people that they know are faulty. Do not get me started on PA. I see them no better than HK. They are also the only company I would love to see fail and go out of business. rant over.
3Daddict is offline Find More Posts by 3Daddict
Old Nov 15, 2012, 06:48 PM
Joined Feb 2011
4,669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Daddict View Post
PA, if it were PA I would tell then to kiss my . . I can not stand those people that run PA and there business practices of sending defective products out to people that they know are faulty. Do not get me started on PA. I see them no better than HK. They are also the only company I would love to see fail and go out of business. rant over.
Eh Plane vs. No plane...I'll go plane!
Although I have heard bad things about PA
Old Nov 15, 2012, 06:52 PM
Addicted to 3DHS and EF
ohio
Joined Oct 2010
4,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer View Post
Eh Plane vs. No plane...I'll go plane!
Although I have heard bad things about PA
So why did they not end up publishing your article on the 51?
3Daddict is offline Find More Posts by 3Daddict
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:01 PM
Wingman II
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Sep 2011
1,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCDme3D View Post
I had one laying around I had gotten a long time ago, I sold the ICE 75 because the amp draw required a 100. Since the 75 you had was soldered onto the bec pro I just sold it as a combo to fund a 100 without anything coming out of my pocket!

I wanted to run the servos on a 2s pack anyways to avoid what happened to Wamsy's 71 when his turnigy pack took a dump on him! I like having that security just in case my main pack dies out on me..
Sounds good brotha!
diggity2424 is online now Find More Posts by diggity2424
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:02 PM
Wingman II
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Sep 2011
1,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadracer View Post
looking good my friend.. I'm anal, so put a ziptie on that fuel line.
diggity2424 is online now Find More Posts by diggity2424
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:03 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Time for a new computer Steve.
Nah....i just need to pay the $90.00 to contact Microsoft and find out what the glitch is.....right now, I don't want to pay them...Christmas is coming, and too many other things that need my attention/money....

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:05 PM
Joined Feb 2011
4,669 Posts
Quote:
Not enough room
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:08 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCDme3D View Post
I had one laying around I had gotten a long time ago, I sold the ICE 75 because the amp draw required a 100. Since the 75 you had was soldered onto the bec pro I just sold it as a combo to fund a 100 without anything coming out of my pocket!

I wanted to run the servos on a 2s pack anyways to avoid what happened to Wamsy's 71 when his turnigy pack took a dump on him! I like having that security just in case my main pack dies out on me..
And what if the radio pack takes a dump??? (and it can happen too).... To me, it is one more point of failure, and one more battery to charge (though yes, my 89" Slick does have two separate packs for the receiver).

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:12 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,180 Posts
Quote:
Not commenting on your article Alex, but it really seems funny to me, that I almost never see a review in a magazine for a 3DHS plane.....Aero-Works, Extreme Flight, P. A. etc....but not 3DHS. Supposedly the planes that are reviewed are bought and not given to the reviewers, so that the review won't be biased towards the company...So...why not 3DHS?????

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:20 PM
MN WATTS Master
United States, MN, Mankato
Joined Jul 2003
7,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
Not commenting on your article Alex, but it really seems funny to me, that I almost never see a review in a magazine for a 3DHS plane.....Aero-Works, Extreme Flight, P. A. etc....but not 3DHS. Supposedly the planes that are reviewed are bought and not given to the reviewers, so that the review won't be biased towards the company...So...why not 3DHS?????

SteveT
Generally the magazines will only review items that are provided to them from the manufacturer. I would guess that 3DHS does not feel the need to send out airframes to magazines when they are selling quite well already.

It also helps when a manufacturer is advertising in the magazine to get a review published.

It's a balance between not being biased so the reader trusts the review and not pushing away advertising dollars for the magazines. This is why you don't see a lot of negative reviews. It's a waste of print space.

Steve
Vintauri is offline Find More Posts by Vintauri
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:22 PM
Team 3DHS
Western CT
Joined Aug 2009
2,864 Posts
Steve,

Not to be a stickler for details, but a friend of mine (who I met a long time after he did the actual review) showed me the review he did for Fly RC of the 51 Slick when it first came out.

However, with that being said, that has been the only review I've ever seen of a 3DHS plane.
CrashesALot is online now Find More Posts by CrashesALot
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:26 PM
220lb of Canned Heat, baby
United States, IN, Derby
Joined Feb 2012
3,751 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by diggity2424 View Post
looking good my friend.. I'm anal, so put a ziptie on that fuel line.
Already did, bro.
quadracer is offline Find More Posts by quadracer
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:31 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,170 Posts
Quote:
soooo,you are not into PA much eh? But they have the great Michael Wargo as a team pilot..Cant be all that bad a company if he is involved with them eh?
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:39 PM
Santi
United States, MO, Clayton
Joined Nov 2003
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
And what if the radio pack takes a dump??? (and it can happen too).... To me, it is one more point of failure, and one more battery to charge (though yes, my 89" Slick does have two separate packs for the receiver).

SteveT
I trust a battery that uses 10% of its capacity per flight over a battery that comes down warm any day... I'm not a stickler for the "one more point of failure" excuse as long as it's done well. if i was there would be no using 2 4s packs to make an 8s, no switches on anything, no external bec's... you get the idea...
DaaBears is offline Find More Posts by DaaBears