Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:44 PM
Santi
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Nov 2003
1,597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bivens View Post
What plane...? What digital hitecs?

7955's can pull 3amps each when stalled....more than that for 7980's...but of course I don't think you're talking about those big monsters....5085's? 5065's?

Two plugs is never a bad idea....that plug is all you have powering your plane....can't go wrong putting 2 plugs back on it.
Sorry guys- the hitec and savox equivalent digi's on my 70. Can't remember the numbers off the top of my head. The ones diggity installed.
DaaBears is online now Find More Posts by DaaBears
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:44 PM
220lb of Canned Heat, baby
United States, IN, Derby
Joined Feb 2012
3,669 Posts
Quote:
When I damage a wingtip in a low roller.....I'll need more than just another wingtip....
+1, LOL. I don't even have to do low rollers to need a whole new airframe.
quadracer is online now Find More Posts by quadracer
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:45 PM
Fort Wayne
Joined Feb 2009
4,725 Posts
Quote:
When I damage a wingtip in a low roller.....I'll need more than just another wingtip....
jsmith285 is online now Find More Posts by jsmith285
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:49 PM
United States, IN, Derby
Joined Feb 2012
3,669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCDme3D View Post
Sorry guys- the hitec and savox equivalent digi's on my 70. Can't remember the numbers off the top of my head. The ones diggity installed.
I wouldn't run them on one lead.... They don't make the FB scheme anymore, and I'd hate to pile one in due to a wire burnout....
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:54 PM
Santi
Joined Nov 2003
1,597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadracer View Post
I wouldn't run them on one lead.... They don't make the FB scheme anymore, and I'd hate to pile one in due to a wire burnout....
Word! Guy ran it on a 60 so just wanted to check! Thanks guys. Definitely won't risk it!
Old Nov 15, 2012, 02:29 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith285 View Post
They were in the box. I'm assuming they will come with it. Plus they protect the ailerons from damage in low rollers. Be much easier to replace a fiberglass wing tip.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmala View Post
again.....

wut he said
All I have to say is when attempting to do rollers at 75 to 100 feet, it is very difficult to damage a wing tip....and as I am still trying to figure out how to do them, that's where I do them...

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Nov 15, 2012, 02:35 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
All I have to say is when attempting to do rollers at 75 to 100 feet, it is very difficult to damage a wing tip....and as I am still trying to figure out how to do them, that's where I do them...

SteveT
My favorite place to practice them is WAY down low... at your field on RF6.5!
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Nov 15, 2012, 02:45 PM
Wingman II
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Sep 2011
1,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCDme3D View Post
Savox 1258s on the ailerons and 7985s on rudder and elevator. Santi, did you get a new BEC Pro?
diggity2424 is offline Find More Posts by diggity2424
Old Nov 15, 2012, 02:55 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
My favorite place to practice them is WAY down low... at your field on RF6.5!
For some reason, I can't install anything higher than the 3.5 that I have on this computer, as (and for the life of me, I can't remember what it is called)...the protocol that windows uses for game etc. won't update.... And when my son moved out, he took his computer, so, I'm out of luck with anything higher....so, I can't even fly at my field on the computer...

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:23 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Time for a new computer Steve.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:35 PM
3dizzle 4 lyfe
United States, OH, Philo
Joined Jul 2011
2,488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heritageflyer View Post
Oh Plank, sorry to hear about your Gram...

We are home, but dad is still in the hospital. Procedure had to be Aborted... Plus no sooner than he got entered into their systems, all the Computer Systems crashed and was down the entire day. Was the busiest day of the week for them and they had to go to Manual Mode. Big mess for all the nurses.

They tried 3-4 different type scopes and they would not go down his throat so they could make the cut/repair. They could not even get a scope in a position to see where to repair. Tomorrow AM they are going to do a Barium Swallow test, then call me with the results at work. He may get sent to OSU to a High Tech Surgeon after that. There is also the possibility a tumor is growing in from somewhere else pressing on the throat tube, since he had the other cancer.

He doesn't know about any of this yet, just that he is getting the Barium at this point.... We just want him to catch up on sleep now.... Us too.

Cale he is at GS, not Bethes... So we won't be seeing your mom this time. He was at Bethes on Monday for a CAT though.

So it's basically Punt today, see what happens tomorrow.

Checked it out down there, just no room for indoor Nano's. Too crowded... (Would be fun flying the Skywalk though.....)
get the new mini vapor. you can fly it just about anywhere.
cale10 is offline Find More Posts by cale10
Old Nov 15, 2012, 05:35 PM
United States, IN, Derby
Joined Feb 2012
3,669 Posts
Got the 33 all mounted and ready to run in the morning. I bet I'll get impatient and run it tonight after my little sister's basketball game though.

For those that flip the carb 180°, a spare phenolic horn makes a nice choke pushrod guide if you drill the holes out. The GT33 only has a pushrod guide on one side of the engine.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 05:37 PM
United States, IN, Derby
Joined Feb 2012
3,669 Posts
Oops. Forgot pics!
Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353022657.139577.jpg
Views: 66
Size: 121.9 KB
Description:

Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353022680.918632.jpg
Views: 70
Size: 143.8 KB
Description:
Old Nov 15, 2012, 06:06 PM
3dizzle 4 lyfe
United States, OH, Philo
Joined Jul 2011
2,488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadracer View Post
sweet!
cale10 is offline Find More Posts by cale10
Old Nov 15, 2012, 06:07 PM
Santi
Joined Nov 2003
1,597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by diggity2424 View Post
Savox 1258s on the ailerons and 7985s on rudder and elevator. Santi, did you get a new BEC Pro?
I had one laying around I had gotten a long time ago, I sold the ICE 75 because the amp draw required a 100. Since the 75 you had was soldered onto the bec pro I just sold it as a combo to fund a 100 without anything coming out of my pocket!

I wanted to run the servos on a 2s pack anyways to avoid what happened to Wamsy's 71 when his turnigy pack took a dump on him! I like having that security just in case my main pack dies out on me..