HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 14, 2012, 11:28 AM
Honeybadger don't care...
Orlando, FL
Joined May 2010
1,638 Posts
Sorry to hear, Plank. Prayers with you and the family.
Luv3d is offline Find More Posts by Luv3d
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 14, 2012, 11:49 AM
Old Dog learning new tricks~~
United States, PA, East Stroudsburg
Joined Jan 2011
351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Dplank View Post
Sorry to hear that. My grandma passed lastnight. my prayers are with you. ale care buddy.
ah man, really sorry to hear that Plank.... RIP Grandma
bradhoke08 is offline Find More Posts by bradhoke08
Old Nov 14, 2012, 11:58 AM
Team 3DHS
Nashville , Tennessee
Joined Jan 2009
5,473 Posts
Sorry to hear about that Plank. Hope everything else goes well.

I hope your father does well with his surgery also Warren.
wamsy55 is online now Find More Posts by wamsy55
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:17 PM
Old Dog learning new tricks~~
United States, PA, East Stroudsburg
Joined Jan 2011
351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heritageflyer View Post
Heading out this AM for the third surgery in 5 mos. for my dad... This time on his throat interior. Has a swallowing issue.
Also finally got some Docs to admit he has Dementia, but at least got him started on Aricept.

Wonder how flying the Nano CPX in the lobby at the Hospital would go over.....
Hope all goes well with your father Warren!!
There's one way to find out how the hospital feels about the Nano CPX
bradhoke08 is offline Find More Posts by bradhoke08
Old Nov 14, 2012, 03:31 PM
Well, now that you know ...
Grafton, Massachusetts, United States
Joined Sep 2004
5,644 Posts
Can anyone recommend a low cost servo for a park flyer that isn't an HXT/TowerPro clone? I've had great luck with those servos until recently, where I've had a bunch of them fail in flight. They work great until they just stop working.

I've been lucky so far, but a couple weeks ago wrecked my Airfoilz due to an aileron servo quietly giving up the ghost while in flight.

What's the next step up from a $3 servo? Sure it's easy to put a $20 HS-65 in (in fact, I have one on the elevator). I'm willing to go, say $5.
Bigster is offline Find More Posts by Bigster
Old Nov 14, 2012, 04:03 PM
Santi
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Nov 2003
1,597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigster View Post
Can anyone recommend a low cost servo for a park flyer that isn't an HXT/TowerPro clone? I've had great luck with those servos until recently, where I've had a bunch of them fail in flight. They work great until they just stop working.

I've been lucky so far, but a couple weeks ago wrecked my Airfoilz due to an aileron servo quietly giving up the ghost while in flight.

What's the next step up from a $3 servo? Sure it's easy to put a $20 HS-65 in (in fact, I have one on the elevator). I'm willing to go, say $5.
With that budget I think the occasional ghost is inevitable!
DaaBears is offline Find More Posts by DaaBears
Old Nov 14, 2012, 04:10 PM
Well, now that you know ...
Grafton, Massachusetts, United States
Joined Sep 2004
5,644 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCDme3D View Post
With that budget I think the occasional ghost is inevitable!
Yeah, probably I guess. I've had 3 or 4 of the HXTs die the same way. I get the impression their lifespan is up and it's time to replace them.

Anyone have luck with the Emax servos?
Bigster is offline Find More Posts by Bigster
Old Nov 14, 2012, 04:13 PM
Santi
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Nov 2003
1,597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigster View Post
Yeah, probably I guess. I've had 3 or 4 of the HXTs die the same way. I get the impression their lifespan is up and it's time to replace them.

Anyone have luck with the Emax servos?
The only cheap servos I currently use are the ones that come in the twisted hobbies crack yak combo... I beat the hell out of them and they are still up and running with hundreds of flights..
DaaBears is offline Find More Posts by DaaBears
Old Nov 14, 2012, 04:27 PM
Team 3DHS!
United States, NH
Joined May 2012
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97 View Post
go to the nj fli east next year!
+1
StevenMcC is offline Find More Posts by StevenMcC
Old Nov 14, 2012, 06:12 PM
220lb of Canned Heat, baby
United States, IN, Derby
Joined Feb 2012
3,674 Posts
Can anyone show me a pic of a GT33 setup? I'm trying to figure out how to place the throttle servo on a rear carb, but without some funky lever or pivot linkage, or drilling a big hole in the firewall, I just don't see how it works.....
I moved the servo to the hole on bottom of the motorbox, but it still doesn't come close to lining up with the carb.
Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352938391.521915.jpg
Views: 62
Size: 133.7 KB
Description:
quadracer is offline Find More Posts by quadracer
Old Nov 14, 2012, 06:29 PM
3dizzle 4 lyfe
United States, OH, Philo
Joined Jul 2011
2,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadracer View Post
Can anyone show me a pic of a GT33 setup? I'm trying to figure out how to place the throttle servo on a rear carb, but without some funky lever or pivot linkage, or drilling a big hole in the firewall, I just don't see how it works.....
I moved the servo to the hole on bottom of the motorbox, but it still doesn't come close to lining up with the carb.
Attachment 5303982
hey im putting a gt33 on my extra too. where did you get those standoffs? what extra parts will i need too? will i need to drill new holes?
cale10 is offline Find More Posts by cale10
Old Nov 14, 2012, 06:38 PM
220lb of Canned Heat, baby
United States, IN, Derby
Joined Feb 2012
3,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cale10 View Post
hey im putting a gt33 on my extra too. where did you get those standoffs? what extra parts will i need too? will i need to drill new holes?
The standoffs are 1-3/4" that came with my 70 Slick. Where they originated, I have no idea. From what I've found, you will have to drill the firewall out, in order to accommodate the throttle linkage for the rear carb. This will also require that you mount the throttle servo with the output shaft facing inside the motorbox.
quadracer is offline Find More Posts by quadracer
Old Nov 14, 2012, 06:43 PM
customstandoffs
USA, AL, Madison
Joined Dec 2007
8,547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cale10 View Post
In case you didnt know, I make standoffs to custom lengths out of aluminum
cmala is offline Find More Posts by cmala
Old Nov 14, 2012, 07:18 PM
United States, GA, Acworth
Joined Mar 2011
4,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadracer View Post

You can see the throttle servo inside the motorbox area and yes you have to drill a hole, its not all that big.
shadow102 is offline Find More Posts by shadow102
Old Nov 14, 2012, 07:37 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,853 Posts
Oh Plank, sorry to hear about your Gram...

We are home, but dad is still in the hospital. Procedure had to be Aborted... Plus no sooner than he got entered into their systems, all the Computer Systems crashed and was down the entire day. Was the busiest day of the week for them and they had to go to Manual Mode. Big mess for all the nurses.

They tried 3-4 different type scopes and they would not go down his throat so they could make the cut/repair. They could not even get a scope in a position to see where to repair. Tomorrow AM they are going to do a Barium Swallow test, then call me with the results at work. He may get sent to OSU to a High Tech Surgeon after that. There is also the possibility a tumor is growing in from somewhere else pressing on the throat tube, since he had the other cancer.

He doesn't know about any of this yet, just that he is getting the Barium at this point.... We just want him to catch up on sleep now.... Us too.

Cale he is at GS, not Bethes... So we won't be seeing your mom this time. He was at Bethes on Monday for a CAT though.

So it's basically Punt today, see what happens tomorrow.

Checked it out down there, just no room for indoor Nano's. Too crowded... (Would be fun flying the Skywalk though.....)
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer