Very nice color scheme.
Thank you fellas, i appreciate that
Elec 1800 is offline Find More Posts by Elec 1800
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 05, 2012, 06:31 AM
Joined Dec 2010
155 Posts
i'm looking to buy a video camera that does well in low lighting and full sun and i'll be recording a lot of rc flights. does anyone know what camera that joe smith's parents use? i've seen a lot of his videos and seems like whatever camera they use works well.
kevinjulieevan is offline Find More Posts by kevinjulieevan
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 05, 2012, 07:42 AM
Fort Wayne
Joined Feb 2009
4,714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinjulieevan View Post
i'm looking to buy a video camera that does well in low lighting and full sun and i'll be recording a lot of rc flights. does anyone know what camera that joe smith's parents use? i've seen a lot of his videos and seems like whatever camera they use works well.
We use a Canon Vixia. I'm not sure they are still available. My next one will be a
Panasonic X900MK or a Sony HXR
jsmith285 is online now Find More Posts by jsmith285
Last edited by jsmith285; Nov 05, 2012 at 07:53 AM.
Old Nov 05, 2012, 07:47 AM
Joined Dec 2010
155 Posts
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith285 View Post
We use a Canon Vixia. I'm not sure they are still available. My next one will be a
Panasonic X900MK
thanks a bunch. i'll those two. if i get the panasonic i'll let you know how it does.
k.t.
kevinjulieevan is offline Find More Posts by kevinjulieevan
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 05, 2012, 07:48 AM
Perfect 3pt inverted landing!
USA, AL, Huntsville
Joined Oct 2008
3,089 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadracer View Post
Yup, just read it a bit ago... Amazon, here I come!
Actually, I'll probably buy from TBM or something like that.

EDIT: I found this (wonder if I'll get points for this....) thread on RCU, and I did mess with this on the carb, when I was trying to get the spare engine to run... I didn't even think about it until now. The carb giving us fits is the one that was on the spare engine............ I'll swap that priming pump assembly out with the old one tomorrow night, and see what happens then. I'll bet money it isn't priming right, thus not allowing the correct amount of fuel through the needles. /fingerscrossed
Just FYI, this is the kit I used: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001OK8JN0/...3p_M3C_SC_dp_1

While your at it, pull the needles all the way out and wipe them off. Then reinstall 1.5 turns out on the low speed and 1.75 turns out on the high speed, and tune from there.

By the way, I put a tach on mine for the first time since installing the bowman ring and I believe I picked up 200-300 rpm. It's now turning the 19x8 prop at 7500 rpm. Throttle response is very good too. Kinda fun to just gun it repeatedly and listen to the sound. Waaa Wa Wa Wa Waaaa Waa Wa Wa Waaaa Wa Wa Wa Waaa!!!!
teookie is offline Find More Posts by teookie
Old Nov 05, 2012, 08:23 AM
customstandoffs
USA, AL, Madison
Joined Dec 2007
8,547 Posts
50-60cc Stoops design.

Must be a Vyper

Although I'm hoping for an edge and I'm hoping for a totally new color scheme that will make me sell my kids barbie dolls to pay for it
cmala is offline Find More Posts by cmala
Old Nov 05, 2012, 08:33 AM
doh!
United States, AR, Little Rock
Joined May 2006
4,240 Posts
I'm hoping Velox!
ryan_m is online now Find More Posts by ryan_m
Old Nov 05, 2012, 08:38 AM
United States, NC, Robbins
Joined Jul 2008
659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmala View Post
50-60cc Stoops design.

Must be a Vyper

Although I'm hoping for an edge and I'm hoping for a totally new color scheme that will make me sell my kids barbie dolls to pay for it
"Purple Edge"
deerfreak is offline Find More Posts by deerfreak
Old Nov 05, 2012, 09:06 AM
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined Apr 2010
2,658 Posts
50cc Edge for sure.

I mean, I really don't know, but if I keep saying it enough it might come true.
FireyFate is offline Find More Posts by FireyFate
Old Nov 05, 2012, 09:34 AM
United States, CA, Roseville
Joined Jan 2011
666 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucor basher View Post
Guys,

A few pieces of news:

We're beginning test flying of a new 50-60CC Scott Stoops aircraft this week. Since we typically do a really poor job of keeping secrets, you'll probably get a spy pic or two before much longer.

If you follow AJ on facebook, you can get updates about his work on the 2M Osiris. A 2M plane takes a very long time to get exactly right, so as usual no definite info on other than AJ is working and flying and will cook up something wonderful for the world.

We're in the process of lining up events for next season. We plan to make announcements about that around Thanksgiving or so.

We're also making it official that Arron Bates and Joe Smith are doing aircraft design work for us. Arron has been doing all sorts of technical stuff for 3DHS for a long time, but I think we have finally convinced him to take on a complete airframe project. We'll see. Joe you all know, and he'll be developing an airframe as well. As you know, these projects are very involved and take a long time, so we'll just say these planes are "forthcoming" and not give any schedule.

Thanks as usual to everyone, for the continued support of 3DHS, hope everyone affected by the storm is getting somewhat back to normal. The warehouse got lots of rain and some scary-looking swollen streams and rivers, but was spared the bad stuff. Some customers in NJ sent some pretty extreme looking photos, so hopefully everything is going better for them.
Awesome, Thanks for the updates!
GetSome! is offline Find More Posts by GetSome!
Old Nov 05, 2012, 10:09 AM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,208 Posts
Anyone need a motrofly 2820-950? I'm selling my pretty much brand new one right now http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1764459
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Old Nov 05, 2012, 10:15 AM
United States, FL, Marianna
Joined Apr 2011
860 Posts
Ben, thanks for the updates. Glad the mothership survived. Any word on the epp profile planes?
dentalpain is offline Find More Posts by dentalpain
Old Nov 05, 2012, 10:21 AM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
3,009 Posts
Thanks Ben! Sounds very cool!
zmonster97 is offline Find More Posts by zmonster97
Old Nov 05, 2012, 10:42 AM
Joined Aug 2004
976 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_m View Post
I'm hoping Velox!
A 50cc velox would be sick!
tho98027 is offline Find More Posts by tho98027
Old Nov 05, 2012, 11:43 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,184 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith285 View Post
Panasonic X900MK or a Sony HXR
can still buy Vixia's... awesome cameras.
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM