Old Nov 04, 2012, 06:17 PM
220lb of Canned Heat, baby
United States, IN, Derby
Joined Feb 2012
3,745 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith285 View Post
Actually Joe Bought it for me.

I am having some interesting fun with them.
I figured you never even got time to fly, since you're always wrenching on Joe's planes.

I maidened my 72 today, after messing with the carb all day. It sometimes wants to die (and does) coming back to idle, but richer or leaner, doesn't make a difference. I'm gonna go back through it and re-seal all gaskets and make sure there are no leaks at all. It ran perfectly before it was crashed a month ago.

Hugocraft and Diggity helped me all day, and I want to give a shout out to them for that.

But, at least I finally got the plane in the air! Only needed a bit of left aileron trim, and its pretty well spot-on as far as trim goes. And it didn't die while flying, only when I landed and finished my roll-out.
quadracer is online now Find More Posts by quadracer
Old Nov 04, 2012, 06:26 PM
customstandoffs
USA, AL, Madison
Joined Dec 2007
8,547 Posts
True Red Ultracote is $15.99 from horizon hobby. 6.5 foot long roll.
cmala is offline Find More Posts by cmala
Old Nov 04, 2012, 06:45 PM
Just go with the flow
Modesto, CA
Joined Nov 2006
3,209 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cale10 View Post
i asked this a few times befor but when will the 30" epp planes come back? I REALLY WANT A 33" EXTRA!

A guy at our flying field new I had a 30" Edge, asked me if I'd like another as he had one, Brand New in the Box. No Brainer, a new back up !!
goflyhighrc is online now Find More Posts by goflyhighrc
Old Nov 04, 2012, 06:56 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
3,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by going4speed View Post
No I dont want to ship. Too much of a pita
Ok.
zmonster97 is online now Find More Posts by zmonster97
Old Nov 04, 2012, 07:58 PM
Flying 2 Fight Cancer
corona, ca
Joined Feb 2011
3,667 Posts
Got some more air time on my disco ball
Elec 1800 is online now Find More Posts by Elec 1800
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Split scheme Hangar 9 Funtana
Old Nov 04, 2012, 08:02 PM
Wingman II
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Sep 2011
1,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith285 View Post
Horizontal hovering
The 1SQ is fun!! I have flown one a few times.
diggity2424 is offline Find More Posts by diggity2424
Old Nov 04, 2012, 08:12 PM
Aerobatic Fanatic
Joined Sep 2007
2,886 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teookie View Post
Well I thought that my DLE-30 had gone evil on me but turns out it hasn't. Last time I flew it about two weeks ago it died right after popping into a wall/hover about 10 feet up. I thought I was going to loose the plane but somehow, amazingly, I got the plane down with very minimal damage; it didn't even break the prop! It had been difficult to start ever since the TN huckfest, so I figured whatever problem was causing that had gotten bad enough to kill the engine in flight.

Well, I found out the pump in the carb was not pumping very well anymore - and that's what was making it difficult to start. I guess that after pumping roughly 8 gallons of fuel over the last two years the seals were not as tight as they used to be. I ordered a carb kit off amazon for $3 and installed a new pump membrain and valves and now it starts like a champ!

While I was working on the carb I found the problem that caused the dead stick 2 weeks ago. My Rcexel opto kill from ValleyView RC had failed and no longer works reliably. (I have to jiggle the wires to get it to work at all and then it only stays on for a few seconds.) So I installed an extra tech aero ibec I had in my parts box to solve that problem.

So now my 72 is ready to roll again I just need some time to go fly it! BTW Valley View replaced my opto kill for free w/o no questions asked. Pretty awesome service if you ask me. I get all my props from them too. They drill 'em for free.
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadracer View Post
I maidened my 72 today, after messing with the carb all day. It sometimes wants to die (and does) coming back to idle, but richer or leaner, doesn't make a difference. I'm gonna go back through it and re-seal all gaskets and make sure there are no leaks at all. It ran perfectly before it was crashed a month ago.

Hugocraft and Diggity helped me all day, and I want to give a shout out to them for that.

But, at least I finally got the plane in the air! Only needed a bit of left aileron trim, and its pretty well spot-on as far as trim goes. And it didn't die while flying, only when I landed and finished my roll-out.
quadracer,

I guess you read teookie post about his dle-30 troubles about the seals on the carb which maybe a problem on yours since it would always restart after 3-4 flips if the motor was still warm/hot but now it doesn't. I'm glad you got the maiden in before the sun went down though!
HugoCraft is offline Find More Posts by HugoCraft
Old Nov 04, 2012, 08:13 PM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,929 Posts
I got my wires crossed somewhere...I thought quad was running an os gt33....
going4speed is offline Find More Posts by going4speed
Old Nov 04, 2012, 08:13 PM
Aerobatic Fanatic
Joined Sep 2007
2,886 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by going4speed View Post
Looking to sell some planes local to Houston and Dallas area.

Super vyper rxr $250
34 epp edge rxr $120
47 osiris never flown rxr $275
47" SHP maybe four flights rxr $275
47 osiris nib $120
Not to hijack your post but I would sell my osiris for $275 rxr as well in the Louisville, KY area!
HugoCraft is offline Find More Posts by HugoCraft
Old Nov 04, 2012, 08:20 PM
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Brooklyn, NY
Joined Apr 2009
7,660 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elec 1800 View Post

very nice
Irg is offline Find More Posts by Irg
Old Nov 04, 2012, 08:52 PM
220lb of Canned Heat, baby
United States, IN, Derby
Joined Feb 2012
3,745 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugocraft View Post
quadracer,

I guess you read teookie post about his dle-30 troubles about the seals on the carb which maybe a problem on yours since it would always restart after 3-4 flips if the motor was still warm/hot but now it doesn't. I'm glad you got the maiden in before the sun went down though!
Yup, just read it a bit ago... Amazon, here I come!
Actually, I'll probably buy from TBM or something like that.

EDIT: I found this (wonder if I'll get points for this....) thread on RCU, and I did mess with this on the carb, when I was trying to get the spare engine to run... I didn't even think about it until now. The carb giving us fits is the one that was on the spare engine............ I'll swap that priming pump assembly out with the old one tomorrow night, and see what happens then. I'll bet money it isn't priming right, thus not allowing the correct amount of fuel through the needles. /fingerscrossed
quadracer is online now Find More Posts by quadracer
Last edited by quadracer; Nov 04, 2012 at 10:04 PM.
Old Nov 04, 2012, 10:15 PM
On loan to Texas
United States, TX, Benbrook
Joined Oct 2005
5,286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elec 1800 View Post
Very nice color scheme.
Ohio AV8TOR is online now Find More Posts by Ohio AV8TOR
Old Nov 05, 2012, 01:04 AM
United States, PA, Lancaster
Joined Jun 2003
24,141 Posts
Updates

Guys,

A few pieces of news:

We're beginning test flying of a new 50-60CC Scott Stoops aircraft this week. Since we typically do a really poor job of keeping secrets, you'll probably get a spy pic or two before much longer.

If you follow AJ on facebook, you can get updates about his work on the 2M Osiris. A 2M plane takes a very long time to get exactly right, so as usual no definite info on other than AJ is working and flying and will cook up something wonderful for the world.

We're in the process of lining up events for next season. We plan to make announcements about that around Thanksgiving or so.

We're also making it official that Arron Bates and Joe Smith are doing aircraft design work for us. Arron has been doing all sorts of technical stuff for 3DHS for a long time, but I think we have finally convinced him to take on a complete airframe project. We'll see. Joe you all know, and he'll be developing an airframe as well. As you know, these projects are very involved and take a long time, so we'll just say these planes are "forthcoming" and not give any schedule.

Thanks as usual to everyone, for the continued support of 3DHS, hope everyone affected by the storm is getting somewhat back to normal. The warehouse got lots of rain and some scary-looking swollen streams and rivers, but was spared the bad stuff. Some customers in NJ sent some pretty extreme looking photos, so hopefully everything is going better for them.
blucor basher is offline Find More Posts by blucor basher
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 05, 2012, 05:59 AM
On loan to Texas
United States, TX, Benbrook
Joined Oct 2005
5,286 Posts
Outstanding news Ben on all fronts
Ohio AV8TOR is online now Find More Posts by Ohio AV8TOR