Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 02, 2012, 11:21 AM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,433 Posts
I like The 48 better than the 40. The 40 is more energetic but the 48 is just easier and smoother all around.

48s fit in my trunk with the wings on and the 59 fit in the back seat with the wings on. My brother is a puzzle man he fit an 89 slick, 70 velox, 59 slick, 51 slick, 42 slick in his Nissan altima with his son in the back seat and him driving. Oh that's with all the wings in it too. He had the 40 & 48 epps in the trunk with all the batts, chargers, and tools.
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 02, 2012, 11:26 AM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
I like The 48 better than the 40. The 40 is more energetic but the 48 is just easier and smoother all around.

48s fit in my trunk with the wings on and the 59 fit in the back seat with the wings on. My brother is a puzzle man he fit an 89 slick, 70 velox, 59 slick, 51 slick, 42 slick in his Nissan altima with his son in the back seat and him driving. Oh that's with all the wings in it too. He had the 40 & 48 epps in the trunk with all the batts, chargers, and tools.
That man belongs in a circus somewhere!!! That's crazy!
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Nov 02, 2012, 12:21 PM
inverted-i-fly
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,318 Posts
Quote:

I love the 48, I have a 40 I'll sell you cheap

I want pictures of that altima with planes in it
3drcparts is online now Find More Posts by 3drcparts
Old Nov 02, 2012, 12:28 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
Joined Oct 2007
16,433 Posts
I think I have some. Hold on I will check
Old Nov 02, 2012, 02:23 PM
Balsa to the Wall
Deep in the East Texas Piney Woods
Joined Dec 2001
4,538 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigster View Post
So I'd been flying an Airfoilz Extra full fuse for what seems like forever now, and I've flown the snot out of it. Yesterday it suffered the wrath of a failed servo, breaking the wingspar, etc.

I'm figuring I'll try to repair it, but now might be a good time to grab a 3DHS EPP plane. I'd tend toward the 40" since it will fit more easily in my car - what do folks think of it? Is the 48" way better?
You can transfer everything except the servos(if you're using HS55 or equivalent) from the Airfoilz to a 3DHS 41" Edge. That's what I did. Motor, ESC, rx, batteries, then new HS 45's or 65's(I like 65's better). I don't know about the foamy, though.

Chuck
Chuck is online now Find More Posts by Chuck
Old Nov 02, 2012, 04:47 PM
Well, now that you know ...
Grafton, Massachusetts, United States
Joined Sep 2004
5,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
You can transfer everything except the servos(if you're using HS55 or equivalent) from the Airfoilz to a 3DHS 41" Edge. That's what I did. Motor, ESC, rx, batteries, then new HS 45's or 65's(I like 65's better). I don't know about the foamy, though.
Chuck
I have two Edge's already. Actually, I sold my original 40" but still have my 41" orange.

I made the mistake of leaving one HXT900 in the Airfoilz. I knew I needed to change it out, as I've noticed the failure mode of them is to just die quietly and without warning. It was on the aileron of the Airfoilz. I'm giong to go through and purge any remaining ones I have.

So how does the 40" EPP compare to the 41" Edge? I guess I'm looking for a beater plane, and I figured the EPP was a natural choice (I already have a couple profile EPPs). I hadn't flown the 41" in a while and last time I had it out, the "energetic-ness" almost caused me to rekit it a few times. If the EPP is the same way, maybe I will try the 48.
Bigster is online now Find More Posts by Bigster
Old Nov 02, 2012, 04:59 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
A huge thanks and shout out to Steve for taking the time to call me and explain how to take my Motrofly motor apart for easier motorbox mounting!! It's ridiculously simple and I'm a little embarrassed that I couldn't figure it out myself but whatever!

Thanks again Steve!!
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Nov 02, 2012, 06:06 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
Joined Oct 2007
16,433 Posts
Here is the pumpkin that my wife made for me for Halloween. I think she is starting to get me

http://m141.photobucket.com/albumvie...7.jpg.html?o=0
Old Nov 02, 2012, 07:32 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
A huge thanks and shout out to Steve for taking the time to call me and explain how to take my Motrofly motor apart for easier motorbox mounting!! It's ridiculously simple and I'm a little embarrassed that I couldn't figure it out myself but whatever!

Thanks again Steve!!
No problem my friend...always happy to help, and sometime things sound a little difficult/confusing when explained in text, but really are simple once explained verbally or like I like...."show it to me"!!!

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Nov 02, 2012, 07:47 PM
Scott Stoops
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Mar 2002
8,411 Posts
Quote:
Here is the pumpkin that my wife made for me for Halloween. I think she is starting to get me

http://m141.photobucket.com/albumvie...7.jpg.html?o=0
Awesome!!

My wife definitely gets me too. You should hear her... "Say again?", "standby one", "unable", "roger that", " in sight", "wilco"... All verbology that runs rampant in my familial unit. Fortunately, the spousal commander is happy to play along!

Scott
sukhoi26mx is offline Find More Posts by sukhoi26mx
Old Nov 02, 2012, 08:02 PM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,925 Posts
Steve thanks for the mounts..got them today. Much appreciated!!
going4speed is offline Find More Posts by going4speed
Old Nov 02, 2012, 08:07 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
3,007 Posts
Wow! I just checked who posted in this thread and skarface still leads by about 500 posts and he hasn't been on that much anymore!
zmonster97 is online now Find More Posts by zmonster97
Old Nov 02, 2012, 08:10 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by going4speed View Post
Steve thanks for the mounts..got them today. Much appreciated!!
No problem, glad I could help... I wasn't going to be using them....

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 02, 2012, 08:11 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97 View Post
Wow! I just checked who posted in this thread and skarface still leads by about 500 posts and he hasn't been on that much anymore!
I suppose I was second??

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 02, 2012, 08:14 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
3,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
I suppose I was second??

SteveT
Yup! Haha.