HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:24 AM
Registered User
kellyzo6's Avatar
United States, VA, Berryville
Joined May 2010
366 Posts
I want one! I wonder who is doing the piloting for horizon?
kellyzo6 is offline Find More Posts by kellyzo6
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:26 AM
Team Twisted!
hone1er's Avatar
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,268 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Anybody seen this little guy yet? Looks interesting for a little backyard 3D fun...

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...sic-EFL6250#t1
I've been looking at it all morning. I have a bunch of 3s 450s so i might give it a try. I think i saw a pop-top and a blender in the video

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyzo6 View Post
I want one! I wonder who is doing the piloting for horizon?
Probably the designer, Quique Somenzini
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:26 AM
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyzo6 View Post
I want one! I wonder who is doing the piloting for horizon?
Probably Quique
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:28 AM
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
I've been looking at it all morning. I have a bunch of 3s 450s so i might give it a try. I think i saw a pop-top and a blender in the video
At first I was kinda ho hum about it... then I saw the video and I was slightly more impressed. But THEN I saw him doing inverted harriers, hovers, blenders, KE spins, etc and I got REALLY interested.

I also have quite a few 3s 450's so this is probably a no brainer for me.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:30 AM
Team Twisted!
hone1er's Avatar
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,268 Posts
Yeah the KE spins and rolling harriers really impressed me, and when he is hovering it looked waaaaay more controllable than say, the beast. I've been thinking about finding a used DX7 or DX8 to get some BNF micros and some helis and now i might just have to.
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:30 AM
Registered User
Alex Schauer's Avatar
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,665 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Anybody seen this little guy yet? Looks interesting for a little backyard 3D fun...

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...sic-EFL6250#t1
Kinda want one of those!
Alex Schauer is offline Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:33 AM
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
Yeah the KE spins and rolling harriers really impressed me, and when he is hovering it looked waaaaay more controllable than say, the beast. I've been thinking about finding a used DX7 or DX8 to get some BNF micros and some helis and now i might just have to.
It should be easier to hover than the Beast but just remember... in his promo videos for the Beast it also looked easy to hover too! But he never did any blenders or anything with it so that's promising.

I can hold a good hover with the 3D Beast with AS3X but it was a bit harder with the original Beast.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:36 AM
Registered User
Alex Schauer's Avatar
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,665 Posts
Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351182954.166222.jpg
Views: 85
Size: 152.4 KB
Description:
Any guesses?
From 3DHS
Alex Schauer is offline Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:36 AM
Registered User
kellyzo6's Avatar
United States, VA, Berryville
Joined May 2010
366 Posts
EPP foamy?
kellyzo6 is offline Find More Posts by kellyzo6
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:37 AM
Team Twisted!
hone1er's Avatar
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,268 Posts
Yeah but in the beast video he is using full right aileron to stop the torque roll(it still doesn't stop it) while with this Edge it looks to be torque rolling pretty slow with neutral ailerons. I'm hoping that means this one might be able to hover with out spinning at 1000 rpm. I could hover the Beast 3d but the torque roll was stupid fast.
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:38 AM
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer View Post
Attachment 5257170
Any guesses?
From 3DHS
EPP flat foamy... the box is pretty small (depth wise)!
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:39 AM
Registered User
kellyzo6's Avatar
United States, VA, Berryville
Joined May 2010
366 Posts
38" Slick? Looks like the same box mine was in.
kellyzo6 is offline Find More Posts by kellyzo6
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:39 AM
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
Yeah but in the beast video he is using full right aileron to stop the torque roll(it still doesn't stop it) while with this Edge it looks to be torque rolling pretty slow with neutral ailerons. I'm hoping that means this one might be able to hover with out spinning at 1000 rpm
Yea - good point. It's almost twice the size of the Beast so that alone should help. The nose overs to inverted harrier were cool too. It looks nice and floaty!

I'll probably take it out to a relatively open area for my first few flights until I get a feel for it and then I can see flying this sucker right off the street in front of my house. Should be a lot of fun.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:45 AM
Team Twisted!
hone1er's Avatar
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,268 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Yea - good point. It's almost twice the size of the Beast so that alone should help. The nose overs to inverted harrier were cool too. It looks nice and floaty!

I'll probably take it out to a relatively open area for my first few flights until I get a feel for it and then I can see flying this sucker right off the street in front of my house. Should be a lot of fun.
I'll wait to hear what you think because i'll need a transmitter first
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2012, 12:15 PM
3DHS 'native'
going4speed's Avatar
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,929 Posts
You found one!!! Awesome....

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer View Post
Attachment 5257170
Any guesses?
From 3DHS
going4speed is offline Find More Posts by going4speed
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion You are addicted to flying when.... postalflyer72 Electric Plane Talk 34 Jul 16, 2011 11:12 PM
Video Angelo Lomelí flying 3D antics Jorge Fernandez Electric Plane Talk 0 Sep 30, 2006 02:22 PM
Tiger Moth antics - flying inverted w/video SnoJetter Parkflyers 49 Sep 16, 2003 07:25 PM
Help! Getting addicted to Park Flying fly4fun Parkflyers 11 Feb 16, 2002 10:58 AM
You know when your addicted to Slow Flying when..... Gman Parkflyers 51 Aug 05, 2001 03:19 AM