SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 09, 2012, 05:24 PM
Stick banger
USA, AZ, Chandler
Joined Oct 2004
1,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
It looks like the fuselage is made from a piece of ABS plastic gutter drain pipe. There used to be a couple of planes that were made from the stuff called the Duraplane, and the Durabat. The Duraplane was a sport trainer, and the Duabat was a more aerobatic version.....
It's actually made out of folded dollar tree foamboard. It comes in 30x20" sheets, so the fuselage is 30" long. Wingspan is 2 sheets, so it is 60".
Ace4 is offline Find More Posts by Ace4
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2012, 05:27 PM
It'll be fineee...
Joined May 2012
907 Posts
I have a question, I got a voltage check meter thing to check my batteries and I'm kinda confused on how it works. Like, isn't it supposed to tell u how charged the battery is? Because I have a 11.1v lipo that's dead (it died when I was flying one of my foamies) and I tested my volt meter on it to see if it works. But it said that my battery was 12.4 volts.. Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349818094.311949.jpg
Views: 53
Size: 158.0 KB
Description:
AOK Voltage Check Meter (0 min 31 sec)
RCgirl383 is offline Find More Posts by RCgirl383
Old Oct 09, 2012, 05:36 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,896 Posts
If you keep it on the battery balance tap, it should cycle through reading each cell voltage, then give a total. Pay attention to the readings from each of the 3 cells.

Should read 4.19v-4.20v per cell at Full Charge. Should read 3.7xv-3.89v, something like that per Cell if it is in Discharged State or Storage level.
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old Oct 09, 2012, 05:57 PM
What?!? I didn't do that!
Orchard Park, NY
Joined Dec 2002
267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCgirl383
Because I have a 11.1v lipo that's dead (it died when I was flying one of my foamies) and I tested my volt meter on it to see if it works. But it said that my battery was 12.4 volts..
Based on the checker the pack is almost fully charged. How do you know the battery was dead? If the motor slowed or stopped working it could be a bad connection or a cold solder joint for the main connector on the pack. It could also be one of the main leads is loose where it conects to the solder tab on the actual lipo cells.
gremlin is offline Find More Posts by gremlin
Old Oct 09, 2012, 06:10 PM
It'll be fineee...
Joined May 2012
907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gremlin View Post
Based on the checker the pack is almost fully charged. How do you know the battery was dead? If the motor slowed or stopped working it could be a bad connection or a cold solder joint for the main connector on the pack. It could also be one of the main leads is loose where it conects to the solder tab on the actual lipo cells.
I was flying my ParkZone extra and the motor started making a noise, like it would slow down and speed up again (I think it's called the low-voltage cut off system to something, I don't remember) and this happened after about 7-8 minutes of flying.

Wait a sec..maybe my mom charged the battery while I was at school.. I'll ask her, she does that sometimes so maybe it is charged.. I should've checked with her first..
Old Oct 09, 2012, 06:28 PM
What?!? I didn't do that!
Orchard Park, NY
Joined Dec 2002
267 Posts
See, the voltage checker is already helping. I use one of those and they come in handy if you are not sure a pack is fully charged or can't remember which ones you used and which you didn't.
gremlin is offline Find More Posts by gremlin
Old Oct 09, 2012, 06:47 PM
United States, FL, Marianna
Joined Apr 2011
860 Posts
Made the paper twice this year, not for being an awesome dentist; but for flying. Oh well at least I love it.

I gotta say...I'm like the local Joe Smith around here.

j/k Joe
dentalpain is offline Find More Posts by dentalpain
Old Oct 09, 2012, 06:56 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,896 Posts
Yeah and you even have the right color SC!
Old Oct 09, 2012, 06:56 PM
doh!
United States, AR, Little Rock
Joined May 2006
4,484 Posts
wow... my first was an Eagle 2. Kit built, back in the early 90's, before the days of ARF's. Crashed that after a few flights, and then built a duraplane. Junkplane would be a better term for it, man I hated how that thing flew. Crashed it too and then got out of rc for about 12 years.
ryan_m is offline Find More Posts by ryan_m
Old Oct 09, 2012, 07:02 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,896 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCgirl383 View Post
Wait a sec..maybe my mom charged the battery while I was at school.. I'll ask her, she does that sometimes so maybe it is charged.. I should've checked with her first..

What kind of mom charges her daughter's packs while she is away at school, robbing her of one of the greatest joys of RC Flying!!
Old Oct 09, 2012, 07:03 PM
United States, TX, Palacios
Joined Feb 2009
1,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_m View Post
wow... my first was an Eagle 2. Kit built, back in the early 90's, before the days of ARF's. Crashed that after a few flights, and then built a duraplane. Junkplane would be a better term for it, man I hated how that thing flew. Crashed it too and then got out of rc for about 12 years.
Yeah I didn't fly it for long before I found a deal on a RTF 4 ch PT-40 and a lot of other stuff from a guy getting out of the hobby...my dad wanted all the other stuff (flight box, starter, glow plug clip, etc...and I got the PT-40 with ailerons...Dad had the same plane but was a 3 ch and after he saw mine fly and he crashed his he ordered a wing kit and built his next one 4 ch...wow what memories !!!
SportFlyer2 is offline Find More Posts by SportFlyer2
Old Oct 09, 2012, 07:26 PM
3dizzle 4 lyfe
United States, OH, Philo
Joined Jul 2011
2,563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCgirl383 View Post
I was flying my ParkZone extra and the motor started making a noise, like it would slow down and speed up again (I think it's called the low-voltage cut off system to something, I don't remember) and this happened after about 7-8 minutes of flying.

WOW! i envy your mom! my mom is to afraid to even hit the "STOP CHARGE" button when its done charging.LOL. anyways do you time your flights so you know when the battery gets low?
cale10 is offline Find More Posts by cale10
Old Oct 09, 2012, 07:35 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heritageflyer View Post
yeah and you even have the right color sc! :d
+1! :d
Park_aviator is offline Find More Posts by Park_aviator
Old Oct 09, 2012, 08:10 PM
It'll be fineee...
Joined May 2012
907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cale10 View Post
WOW! i envy your mom! my mom is to afraid to even hit the "STOP CHARGE" button when its done charging.LOL. anyways do you time your flights so you know when the battery gets low?
I honestly like her to charge them at school because they scare me lol turns out it was charged, my bad.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 08:51 PM
customstandoffs
USA, AL, Madison
Joined Dec 2007
8,547 Posts
Anyone have dimensional data for the hacker A100-10 motor mount?

I'm trying to figure out what OD standoff would sit flush with the edges of the mounting plate.

THANKS!
cmala is offline Find More Posts by cmala