FIXXIN2FLY is offline Find More Posts by FIXXIN2FLY
Old Oct 05, 2012, 06:55 PM
United States, CA, Palos Verdes Peninsula
Joined Dec 2011
1,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXXIN2FLY View Post
Look fine but the arms are very short
If the ones you posted are updated Coronas, they should be OK. I use Hitec 65MGs on my "good" 48" planes now, but I can't say I've been disappointed with the Coronas I put in my foamies. I still have a stash of them - probably will put them in for my 65MGs when it's time to hand down my battered planes to someone else.
Jboy90277 is offline Find More Posts by Jboy90277
Old Oct 05, 2012, 06:59 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugocraft View Post
I finally uploaded the video of you and Wamsy flying the 103" extras on saturday night

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zCYvayEHNI

That was fun!
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old Oct 05, 2012, 07:04 PM
doh!
United States, AR, Little Rock
Joined May 2006
4,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCDme3D View Post
I think the upcoming garage sale and its location is a huge statement. Perhaps it's a little foresight as to where things are headed for us 3d guys.

Unfortunately the little rant that sparked this again is something that's going to happen, regardless of where you are, you'll run into these people. I think the moderator's actions in reaction to certain disapproval of one large sponsor of RCG was the moment where many of us realized what was important over here. RCG is great for classifieds right now, but the drama and moderation has gotten out of control! I stopped by a local Nashville event for strictly profile planes the other day because I saw Jim Grahm advertise it, it was like being on another plannet. Immagine an event strictly for circle fliers, it was almost that uncomfortable. No matter how popular we think 3d is, we are still the minority, thus treated as such.

Right now, I think if the advertisers eventually have enough, the entire 3d culture could change. Unfortunately this site is one "copy" away from losing a huge market. Until then, let's keep it civil. Once you start ranting about your kids going to private universities, I already have no interest in the rest! No politics, no drama, just 3d!
I've been to that event a few times. Nashbro rocks. The most laid back attitudes ever. Wish I lived closer, I would go every year. I've been to the similar Memphis event every year just about for the last 6 years. The funniest part of it all is the site for the profiles that those events are discussed on was formed in large part due to Jim Graham, and for reasons similar to what we are frustrated at here on RCG. At the time RCUniverse was sensoring posts and deleting anything that spoke negatively about planes that were made by sponsors. So the profile site got created where people could speak honestly and truthfully about what they thought.
ryan_m is online now Find More Posts by ryan_m
Old Oct 05, 2012, 07:12 PM
Perfect 3pt inverted landing!
USA, AL, Huntsville
Joined Oct 2008
3,089 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_m View Post
I've been to that event a few times. Nashbro rocks. The most laid back attitudes ever. Wish I lived closer, I would go every year. I've been to the similar Memphis event every year just about for the last 6 years. The funniest part of it all is the site for the profiles that those events are discussed on was formed in large part due to Jim Graham, and for reasons similar to what we are frustrated at here on RCG. At the time RCUniverse was sensoring posts and deleting anything that spoke negatively about planes that were made by sponsors. So the profile site got created where people could speak honestly and truthfully about what they thought.
Yup.
teookie is offline Find More Posts by teookie
Old Oct 05, 2012, 07:25 PM
220lb of Canned Heat, baby
United States, IN, Derby
Joined Feb 2012
3,745 Posts
HobbytownUSA in Atlanta wants $40 each for 65mg's. HA! Got to be crazy!
quadracer is online now Find More Posts by quadracer
Old Oct 05, 2012, 07:42 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadracer View Post
HobbytownUSA in Atlanta wants $40 each for 65mg's. HA! Got to be crazy!
My LHS want's $60...... I had to pay that when one of mine went out and I wanted to replace it. They want $50 for HS65HBs.
Park_aviator is online now Find More Posts by Park_aviator
Old Oct 05, 2012, 08:15 PM
Fort Wayne
Joined Feb 2009
4,728 Posts
Joe and Randy having some fun
3DHS 103 and a 126 pilot Joe Smith (6 min 50 sec)
jsmith285 is offline Find More Posts by jsmith285
Old Oct 05, 2012, 08:18 PM
Santi
United States, MO, Clayton
Joined Nov 2003
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_m View Post
It was a pretty cool looking event, I honestly didn't stay long. i think I didn't get my point laid out correctly. i had a run in with an older gentleman, bad seed who started a conversation with me about 3dhs when he saw my slicks in my trunk, then proceeded to throw in there I'd probably buy a brick from 3dhs if they sold one... Anyways, I meant to say the 3d community is a very small minority and we deal with the attitudes all the time. I didn't mean to come off negative of the event. I realized this after I went back and read it! I just happen to barely open up the back hatch before i was getting lit up by someone!

I was interested in the mass hover I was hearing about!

Jim actually Pm'd me to apologize for my negative experience, I told him it wasn't the event's fault. Sorry for that one... I sneak these posts in during the work day and don't proof-read! Went back and deleted that, looked worse the 3rd time i read it... My bad y'all

I'm thinking about checking out that field tomorrow morning and seeing what it's like without the crowd! it's only about 20-25 minutes away from here.
DaaBears is online now Find More Posts by DaaBears
Last edited by DaaBears; Oct 05, 2012 at 08:23 PM.
Old Oct 05, 2012, 08:26 PM
FLY ANGRY
United States, IL, Roscoe
Joined Jul 2008
5,003 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jboy90277 View Post
If the ones you posted are updated Coronas, they should be OK. I use Hitec 65MGs on my "good" 48" planes now, but I can't say I've been disappointed with the Coronas I put in my foamies. I still have a stash of them - probably will put them in for my 65MGs when it's time to hand down my battered planes to someone else.
Agreed, Im running all 65mg servos in my small birds also but saw these at the LHS and it sparked my interest. Probably wont go that route as the arms are very short. Digital sounded good though
FIXXIN2FLY is offline Find More Posts by FIXXIN2FLY
Old Oct 05, 2012, 08:31 PM
Aerobatic Fanatic
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Sep 2007
2,886 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamsy55 View Post
Thanks for posting that video Hugo!
No problem and surprised somebody else hadn't posted a video of you 2 flying.

I've got the Nashville big bird event on the calendar since you and bivens will probably be there! Just all depends on the weather.
HugoCraft is offline Find More Posts by HugoCraft
Old Oct 05, 2012, 08:54 PM
220lb of Canned Heat, baby
United States, IN, Derby
Joined Feb 2012
3,745 Posts
When is this Nashville event?
quadracer is online now Find More Posts by quadracer