SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 05, 2012, 02:47 PM
customstandoffs
cmala's Avatar
USA, AL, Madison
Joined Dec 2007
8,547 Posts
So I have a question.

If someone asks a question and the answer is found on that other website who cannot be named, we are supposed to post the answer in a different place on RCG that allows discussing other websites but can we then post a link in here to that other RCG thread where we posted the answer to the question?

Is that allowed?
cmala is offline Find More Posts by cmala
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2012, 02:56 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
3Dplank's Avatar
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Mar 2010
4,484 Posts
No soup for you
3Dplank is offline Find More Posts by 3Dplank
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 05, 2012, 03:30 PM
It'll be fineee...
RCgirl383's Avatar
Joined May 2012
907 Posts
Update on my connection issues: I don't think they were really connection issues cuz I was standing next to my plane and got hardly any engine response, but my throttle servo was still moving. So i think the throttle butterfly is loose.
And here's some pix, I moved my batshare just in case that was interfering.Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349469100.598660.jpg
Views: 65
Size: 105.1 KB
Description:
RCgirl383 is offline Find More Posts by RCgirl383
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 05, 2012, 03:45 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974 View Post
makes me wonder what Joe's mom was saying at that very moment!
I was thinking...the exact same thing!!!

SteveT
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 05, 2012, 03:48 PM
Perfect 3pt inverted landing!
teookie's Avatar
USA, AL, Huntsville
Joined Oct 2008
3,089 Posts
Your doing the right thing trying to find the problem before you fly it. It sucks loosing planes on the first 1st or 2nd flight!
teookie is offline Find More Posts by teookie
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 05, 2012, 03:58 PM
220lb of Canned Heat, baby
quadracer's Avatar
United States, IN, Derby
Joined Feb 2012
3,750 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmala View Post
So I have a question.

If someone asks a question and the answer is found on that other website who cannot be named, we are supposed to post the answer in a different place on RCG that allows discussing other websites but can we then post a link in here to that other RCG thread where we posted the answer to the question?

Is that allowed?
The way I understand it, you can explain how to find said answer on said unmentionable site, you just can't link it. That might be policed differently than what the rules state, depending on how the RCGestapo feel that day.
quadracer is offline Find More Posts by quadracer
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 05, 2012, 04:07 PM
It'll be fineee...
RCgirl383's Avatar
Joined May 2012
907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCgirl383 View Post
Update on my connection issues: I don't think they were really connection issues cuz I was standing next to my plane and got hardly any engine response, but my throttle servo was still moving. So i think the throttle butterfly is loose.
And here's some pix, I moved my batshare just in case that was interfering.Attachment 5208990
Never mind, the butterfly's nice and tight
RCgirl383 is offline Find More Posts by RCgirl383
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 05, 2012, 04:20 PM
220lb of Canned Heat, baby
quadracer's Avatar
United States, IN, Derby
Joined Feb 2012
3,750 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCgirl383 View Post
Never mind, the butterfly's nice and tight
Refresh my memory here.. Your engine will run, but not rev, correct? And you said the throttle servo still moves? All the control surfaces move ok?

If this all is the case, it seems your carb is the problem. Check your needles on your carb, make sure they're set to factory setting (usually 1.5 turns out from fully closed). If that is good, check that your choke opens and closes. Also check the fuel lines to make sure there are no kinks, or sharp bends.
quadracer is offline Find More Posts by quadracer
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 05, 2012, 04:34 PM
It'll be fineee...
RCgirl383's Avatar
Joined May 2012
907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadracer View Post
Refresh my memory here.. Your engine will run, but not rev, correct? And you said the throttle servo still moves? All the control surfaces move ok?

If this all is the case, it seems your carb is the problem. Check your needles on your carb, make sure they're set to factory setting (usually 1.5 turns out from fully closed). If that is good, check that your choke opens and closes. Also check the fuel lines to make sure there are no kinks, or sharp bends.
Correct. I'm gonna check everything later or tomorrow when I get a chance, I can't right now cuz it's raining
RCgirl383 is offline Find More Posts by RCgirl383
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 05, 2012, 04:42 PM
220lb of Canned Heat, baby
quadracer's Avatar
United States, IN, Derby
Joined Feb 2012
3,750 Posts
One other thing it could be is the ignition isn't advancing. Check all those leads and make sure you dont have the tach/kill switch leads reversed.
quadracer is offline Find More Posts by quadracer
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 05, 2012, 04:56 PM
It'll be fineee...
RCgirl383's Avatar
Joined May 2012
907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadracer View Post
One other thing it could be is the ignition isn't advancing. Check all those leads and make sure you dont have the tach/kill switch leads reversed.
I havnt charged my ignition battery in awhile..maybe it's almost dead.. Could that be the problem?
RCgirl383 is offline Find More Posts by RCgirl383
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 05, 2012, 04:58 PM
FLY ANGRY
FIXXIN2FLY's Avatar
United States, IL, Roscoe
Joined Jul 2008
5,003 Posts
Anyone ever tried the cheetah servos? Supposed to be similar to the 65mg and the LHS is carrying them now. Just wonderin
FIXXIN2FLY is offline Find More Posts by FIXXIN2FLY
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 05, 2012, 05:06 PM
220lb of Canned Heat, baby
quadracer's Avatar
United States, IN, Derby
Joined Feb 2012
3,750 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCgirl383 View Post
I havnt charged my ignition battery in awhile..maybe it's almost dead.. Could that be the problem?
I would try that first.
quadracer is offline Find More Posts by quadracer
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 05, 2012, 05:11 PM
inverted-i-fly
3drcparts's Avatar
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXXIN2FLY View Post
Anyone ever tried the cheetah servos? Supposed to be similar to the 65mg and the LHS is carrying them now. Just wonderin
never heard of them, but if you LHS is carrying them, are they warranting them?
Oh, and are they any cheaper?
3drcparts is offline Find More Posts by 3drcparts
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 05, 2012, 05:34 PM
FLY ANGRY
FIXXIN2FLY's Avatar
United States, IL, Roscoe
Joined Jul 2008
5,003 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverted-I-Fly View Post
never heard of them, but if you LHS is carrying them, are they warranting them?
Oh, and are they any cheaper?
Not sure about warranty but these are what they are
FIXXIN2FLY is offline Find More Posts by FIXXIN2FLY
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion You are addicted to flying when.... postalflyer72 Electric Plane Talk 34 Jul 16, 2011 11:12 PM
Video Angelo Lomelí flying 3D antics Jorge Fernandez Electric Plane Talk 0 Sep 30, 2006 02:22 PM
Tiger Moth antics - flying inverted w/video SnoJetter Parkflyers 49 Sep 16, 2003 07:25 PM
Help! Getting addicted to Park Flying fly4fun Parkflyers 11 Feb 16, 2002 10:58 AM
You know when your addicted to Slow Flying when..... Gman Parkflyers 51 Aug 05, 2001 03:19 AM