HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:41 PM
Aerobatic Fanatic
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Sep 2007
2,886 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadracer View Post
Hmmm. I tried it with rf basic's interlink, and RF 6 disk, and it wouldn't work. Same way when switched as well. Did you have to do any voodoo on them?
I can understand why it wouldn't work with the basic version since its a little different and basic is locked down and not upgradeable.
HugoCraft is offline Find More Posts by HugoCraft
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:58 PM
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,673 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugocraft View Post
so say I have an extra controller laying around from no telling what version that I can just get the upgrade, install it without a previous license key, and it will work with the old controller?
Yep. Just as long as you have both serial numbers. Mixed results when used G4 and over with the G3.5 conteoller. Anything less than a G3 controller will not work with anything above G3. I am pretty sure that the G3.5 controller will work with G3.5 and up of software. I think it was just somebody who thought they knew everything about it without trying it. But I have heard that it does work.
Does this answer your question?
Alex
Alex Schauer is offline Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Old Oct 03, 2012, 11:31 PM
United States, CA, Redding
Joined Feb 2011
1,048 Posts
My dad got RF6 for Christmas and I have RF5.5. Can I just borrow pop's disc and use my controller from my RF5.5?
Mr Big Head is offline Find More Posts by Mr Big Head
Old Oct 04, 2012, 06:07 AM
United States, NC, Robbins
Joined Jul 2008
661 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Big Head View Post
My dad got RF6 for Christmas and I have RF5.5. Can I just borrow pop's disc and use my controller from my RF5.5?
YEs
deerfreak is online now Find More Posts by deerfreak
Old Oct 04, 2012, 06:24 AM
Fly til dark
United States, IN, Bourbon
Joined Nov 2011
147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
Yeah...and the funny thing about my wife and I is that we only knew each other three months before we got married!!

Haven't flown the 74" Edge yest, but it's a toss up between the 71" Slick and the 72" Extra... Same in the 5X size....between the 57" Extra, and the 59" Slick...though I also really like my 55" Edge...can't wait to get the 58" Edge built!!

SteveT
Sweet line up. I have been thinking of the 58 edge so please let me know what you think of it once it is done and flown.
jfuller1250 is offline Find More Posts by jfuller1250
Old Oct 04, 2012, 07:18 AM
It'll be fineee...
Joined May 2012
907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy78 View Post
Have you rebound the rx after you got the setup?
I rebound it a couple days ago
RCgirl383 is offline Find More Posts by RCgirl383
Old Oct 04, 2012, 08:13 AM
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,673 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Big Head View Post
No, it unless you feel like re-typing in serial numbers every time that he wants to use it. Unless of course you both use the same PC.
Alex Schauer is offline Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Old Oct 04, 2012, 08:49 AM
United States, NC, Robbins
Joined Jul 2008
661 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer View Post
No, it unless you feel like re-typing in serial numbers every time that he wants to use it. Unless of course you both use the same PC.
I don't have to do this. IT works fine, no reloading serial #'s.
deerfreak is online now Find More Posts by deerfreak
Old Oct 04, 2012, 09:32 AM
Redwing FTW
United States, IN, Fort Wayne
Joined Nov 2008
1,424 Posts
Same here, I have G6 on my laptop and PC. Using different controllers too. Works just fine.
joesmith285 is offline Find More Posts by joesmith285
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 04, 2012, 10:06 AM
United States, NE, Lincoln
Joined Mar 2011
711 Posts
The 58" edge is by far the best plane in that size from 3DHS and EF, I have flown them all and owned many of them. The extra is close, but the Edge feels much larger than it is and with the right power system is just nuts. I actually started flying my edge over my 30% gas plane as a warmup plane for my 40% Extra. The best part about the 60" size planes is that you truly can thrash them and do things that would snap a 40%er in half, but the edge is sooo good that I can fly my entire sequence with in (in medium rates) and it feels similar to a MUCH larger plane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfuller1250 View Post
Sweet line up. I have been thinking of the 58 edge so please let me know what you think of it once it is done and flown.
nebwake is offline Find More Posts by nebwake
Old Oct 04, 2012, 11:07 AM
Santi
United States, MO, Clayton
Joined Nov 2003
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebwake View Post
The 58" edge is by far the best plane in that size from 3DHS and EF, I have flown them all and owned many of them. The extra is close, but the Edge feels much larger than it is and with the right power system is just nuts. I actually started flying my edge over my 30% gas plane as a warmup plane for my 40% Extra. The best part about the 60" size planes is that you truly can thrash them and do things that would snap a 40%er in half, but the edge is sooo good that I can fly my entire sequence with in (in medium rates) and it feels similar to a MUCH larger plane.
To be as non bias as possible, I would have to say that the 60 size planes are the one size group where I prefer the Ef lineup. I think EF's 60 edge flys huge and floaty. Easily the most stable post stall plane I've flown in its size. I also have seen some craziness out of that new mxs. While I absolutely love 3dhs, I have to give a point to EF on the 60's.
DaaBears is offline Find More Posts by DaaBears
Old Oct 04, 2012, 12:38 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,466 Posts
I liked the ef edge the best out of all the 60" planes i had flown but that was until l flew the 58 edge. That thing is freakin awesome. I do want to try the 64" mxs though. I thought it was the best 48" plane.
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Oct 04, 2012, 12:40 PM
United States, FL, Marianna
Joined Apr 2011
860 Posts
Losi Aftershock converted to LST2 spec and converted again to electric. Castle Mamba 2200kv on 4s5000. Standing backflips are not a problem.
dentalpain is offline Find More Posts by dentalpain
Old Oct 04, 2012, 12:48 PM
Fort Wayne
Joined Feb 2009
4,729 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dentalpain View Post
Losi Aftershock converted to LST2 spec and converted again to electric. Castle Mamba 2200kv on 4s5000. Standing backflips are not a problem.
I reported your post to the moderators.

Its a dirty picture.

Just kidding
jsmith285 is offline Find More Posts by jsmith285
Old Oct 04, 2012, 12:52 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dentalpain View Post
I had my lst2 converted also. Best dang monster truck l have ever owned. You should try it on 6s too. It will blow tires off the rim if you are not careful l normally ran it on 5s with stock gearing. I kept the 2 speed tranny.
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic