HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 28, 2012, 01:03 PM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,929 Posts
People complain for some reason about 3dhs customer service but its some of the best for me. I have ALWAYS been well taken care of by 3dhs.
going4speed is offline Find More Posts by going4speed
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 28, 2012, 03:16 PM
Team 3DHS!
United States, NH
Joined May 2012
34 Posts
3dhs 47" shp

The 87" has a little brother!!!

The 47" is one of my two favorite airplanes ever built, it's precise, agile, stable, and will take anything you throw at it!!!

My setup is:

3DHobbyShop 47" Extra 300SHP
Motor: Omega 130g 870 kv
ESC: Castle Creations Ice 50 Amp
Battery: Sky Lipo 3 cell 40c 2650mAH
Prop: Xoar wood 14x7 E

Servos: 3x T-Pro MG-90S
1x Hitec HS65MG for elevator.

I gave my mom a heart attack at 0:58

Video!!!:
Steven "TK" McCormack flies 3DHS 47in. Extra 300SHP!!! (6 min 39 sec)
StevenMcC is offline Find More Posts by StevenMcC
Old Sep 28, 2012, 03:52 PM
Fly Low, Fly 3d, Repair Often
United States, OK, Weatherford
Joined Jun 2011
2,733 Posts
very nice
davebloomer is offline Find More Posts by davebloomer
Old Sep 28, 2012, 03:59 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,226 Posts
Just got back 5 HS-65s, 1 HS-85, and 1 optima 7 from hitec repair/service, they replaced everything with brand new stuff for no charge!
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Old Sep 28, 2012, 04:04 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
Just got back 5 HS-65s, 1 HS-85, and 1 optima 7 from hitec repair/service, they replaced everything with brand new stuff for no charge!
soo thats what we get when we buy 'new' servos.... someones sent in/replaced/refurbished ones!
rimaarts is offline Find More Posts by rimaarts
Old Sep 28, 2012, 04:51 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,853 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimaarts View Post
guys, kinda question on cs... has 3dhs/ef/someone in rc actually thrown something in your order for free?

Nope, never happened. Must be just you and your charm!
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old Sep 28, 2012, 04:52 PM
inverted-i-fly
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,367 Posts
Quote:
that is why I continue to support hitec,
3drcparts is online now Find More Posts by 3drcparts
Old Sep 28, 2012, 04:52 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,853 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenMcC View Post
The 58" Edge is a great 3d monster, I have one. Flying the 57" then the 58" I learned there is a huge difference. 57 is precise and great in 3D and the 58" is precise and all out ballistic, neutral CG makes for insane tumbles and great 3D, while forward CG makes for great precision. The 58" does 4 revolutions in a crankshaft in under one second. That's pretty fast! I'll be posting a video of the 58" soon on my blog so you can check in on it. But here's a video that a friend took at Black Dirt IMAC:
this is with neutral CG http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMKTsi6Jero
Steven, what's the motor in this Edge?
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old Sep 28, 2012, 04:55 PM
Fly til dark
United States, IN, Bourbon
Joined Nov 2011
147 Posts
Quote:
The 58" Edge is a great 3d monster, I have one. Flying the 57" then the 58" I learned there is a huge difference. 57 is precise and great in 3D and the 58" is precise and all out ballistic, neutral CG makes for insane tumbles and great 3D, while forward CG makes for great precision. The 58" does 4 revolutions in a crankshaft in under one second. That's pretty fast! I'll be posting a video of the 58" soon on my blog so you can check in on it. But here's a video that a friend took at Black Dirt IMAC:
Great flying! Looks very impressive.
jfuller1250 is offline Find More Posts by jfuller1250
Old Sep 28, 2012, 05:00 PM
Fly til dark
United States, IN, Bourbon
Joined Nov 2011
147 Posts
Quote:
I was also going to post as I just got back a hs 225 mg from them where replaced the motor and amp for no charge.

I will have no issue continuing to buy hitec. Talk about customer service!
jfuller1250 is offline Find More Posts by jfuller1250
Old Sep 28, 2012, 06:27 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
3,009 Posts
Quote:
How do you get it to d some many rotations on a crankshaft? I couldn't get mine to do that many.

Also, how do you do the move at 0:50?
zmonster97 is offline Find More Posts by zmonster97
Old Sep 28, 2012, 06:32 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
3,009 Posts
Well, I recently had a not so good experience with hitec cs. So, I sent in the 225mg that crashed my edge and a 65mg that failed in the same box and filled out separate forms for each of them and put them in the box. Well, I just got the box back and when I opened it, only the 225mg was in there. So, I emailed hitec and told them my situation and the guy said that they didn't receive a 65mg with the 225mg. He said it wasn't in the box. So then I asked if he had the paperwork and he said that they save all the paperwork and there wasn't any paperwork for my 65mg. I asked if they could send me a servo and he said no. So now I'm out a 65mg. Did anybody else experience something like this?
zmonster97 is offline Find More Posts by zmonster97
Old Sep 28, 2012, 06:39 PM
United States, FL, Marianna
Joined Apr 2011
860 Posts
Since all this talk of CS. Kyle at aero model really hooked it up. Sent in a well used A50-16L that was getting hot. It was going to be updated to the latest revision. I got a shipping notice 24 hr after they received the motor and got a NIB a50. Not bad.
dentalpain is offline Find More Posts by dentalpain
Old Sep 28, 2012, 07:15 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimaarts View Post
guys, kinda question on cs... has 3dhs/ef/someone in rc actually thrown something in your order for free? yesterday had another nice experience with mar from parkaero... i was asking him to get 85A esc, wich he didnt have on previous batch, he promissed to save one for me if they go out of stock, i ordered esc, decided to scrap my telink slick and get a buster... and forgot to order a propeller for another plane...sent him email, and get answer, thank you for buying plane, not only esc, and dont worry, as a thank you, ill drop this prop in for free! actually every time i sent him email regarding something i have bought/want to buy, i get the nice personal customer service!
3dhs has... like, I know of at least one dude who's posted in the last few pages who got a free thing for being super cool... but such people prolly don't want to speak up to spoil their luck

ReadyHeli throw some candy with branded wrappers into the package if you want some free candy
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Sep 28, 2012, 07:24 PM
On loan to Texas
United States, TX, Benbrook
Joined Oct 2005
5,236 Posts
Quote:
The 87" has a little brother!!!

The 47" is one of my two favorite airplanes ever built, it's precise, agile, stable, and will take anything you throw at it!!!
Steven , well done my friend, well done.
Ohio AV8TOR is offline Find More Posts by Ohio AV8TOR