SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 27, 2012, 10:00 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
3,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer View Post

Ummm i wish I could say the tree in my backyard, but college savings.
Dont worry! I am paying back every cent plus interest! (to myself)
So technically I am borrowing money from myself, and I will just keep paying it back. Like the 8FG i got for $180.
I am selling both Receiver's that come with it, got $50 off on tower and free shipping. Sell my 7C for $100, thats $180 for the 8Fg tx alone!
Gotcha.
zmonster97 is offline Find More Posts by zmonster97
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 27, 2012, 11:37 PM
FLY ANGRY
United States, IL, Roscoe
Joined Jul 2008
5,024 Posts
Listed my 51AJS if anyone needs one. Asking 500ish fully setup
FIXXIN2FLY is online now Find More Posts by FIXXIN2FLY
Old Sep 28, 2012, 07:34 AM
Huckin around the Shire
USA, NH, Manchester
Joined Jun 2010
1,346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadStick Dave View Post
One of the Grumman (Ironworks) "CAT" series -- Wildcat, Bearcat, Hellcat + one more I can't think of.

There also was a "Helldiver" - don't remember who made it.
And then there was the Tomcat, also some Korea era planes like the Cougar, Tiger, etc.

Curtis made the Helldiver. I just watched a old Dogfights episode where a Douglas SBD engaged 3 zeros and shot down 2!

Tiger Cat is super cool. I was just mulling over doing up one of these in winter. making the twins sync will be a PIA, and you have to do it up with fuel power to make it sound right. Maybe FMS will make one and solve my problem.
Enterprise7 is offline Find More Posts by Enterprise7
Old Sep 28, 2012, 07:46 AM
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,674 Posts
I've got a R617FS for sale and the 8ch Sbus one if anyone needs one.
Alex Schauer is offline Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Old Sep 28, 2012, 07:56 AM
Fly til dark
United States, IN, Bourbon
Joined Nov 2011
147 Posts
Put 2 flights on my new 57 extra from 3dhs last night. I can see this may quickly become my favorite plane.
jfuller1250 is offline Find More Posts by jfuller1250
Old Sep 28, 2012, 08:34 AM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,896 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfuller1250 View Post
Put 2 flights on my new 57 extra from 3dhs last night. I can see this may quickly become my favorite plane.
You were Forewarned!
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old Sep 28, 2012, 08:42 AM
United States, NJ, Hanover
Joined May 2012
204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfuller1250 View Post
That's one of my favorite airplanes I've flown, never put my hands on an airframe that will just bundle around itself in high speed tumbles like it will
jmart95 is offline Find More Posts by jmart95
Old Sep 28, 2012, 09:04 AM
Fly til dark
Joined Nov 2011
147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heritageflyer View Post
You were Forewarned!
I should have listened. I was a little shocked how well it floated. I thought my 55 edge was good at this then the 57 was a whole other level. I have not done to much with it yet as I wanted to get it in the air then go over it to make sure nothing is loose and such. Just had some decals made for it with a big thanks to Santi at s8graphix. Once I have those on I will make sure to post some photos of it.

Santi has been great to work with and also was very much in touch with me during the design stage. Please if you need anything done contact him, the photos I will post next week will show the quality.

santi@s8graphix.com
Old Sep 28, 2012, 09:46 AM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart95 View Post
That's one of my favorite airplanes I've flown, never put my hands on an airframe that will just bundle around itself in high speed tumbles like it will
You need to fly the 58 edge then. That is a rotating monster. That's the craziest plane l have flown.
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Sep 28, 2012, 11:19 AM
United States, NH
Joined May 2012
36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
You need to fly the 58 edge then. That is a rotating monster. That's the craziest plane l have flown.
The 58" Edge is a great 3d monster, I have one. Flying the 57" then the 58" I learned there is a huge difference. 57 is precise and great in 3D and the 58" is precise and all out ballistic, neutral CG makes for insane tumbles and great 3D, while forward CG makes for great precision. The 58" does 4 revolutions in a crankshaft in under one second. That's pretty fast! I'll be posting a video of the 58" soon on my blog so you can check in on it. But here's a video that a friend took at Black Dirt IMAC:
this is with neutral CG
Steven TK McCormack at Black Dirt 2012 (4 min 44 sec)
StevenMcC is offline Find More Posts by StevenMcC
Old Sep 28, 2012, 11:22 AM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
3,013 Posts
All this talk about the 58" edge makes me want to fix mine up and get it back in the air.
zmonster97 is offline Find More Posts by zmonster97
Old Sep 28, 2012, 11:24 AM
United States, NH
Joined May 2012
36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97 View Post
All this talk about the 58" edge makes me want to fix mine up and get it back in the air.
Haha! There's no doubt it's an awesome flying plane!
StevenMcC is offline Find More Posts by StevenMcC
Old Sep 28, 2012, 11:30 AM
Fly til dark
Joined Nov 2011
147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97 View Post
I have been thinking a 58 edge maybe the next plane that I want. I really like the yellow one.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 01:03 PM
United States, OH, Youngstown
Joined Apr 2011
317 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshet89 View Post
Sunday's are the best and I hear there is this really nice field out in the youngstown area
yah i think i heard of that place!...... We are willing and ready!!!!!!!!!
3171scott is offline Find More Posts by 3171scott
Old Sep 28, 2012, 01:17 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
guys, kinda question on cs... has 3dhs/ef/someone in rc actually thrown something in your order for free? yesterday had another nice experience with mar from parkaero... i was asking him to get 85A esc, wich he didnt have on previous batch, he promissed to save one for me if they go out of stock, i ordered esc, decided to scrap my telink slick and get a buster... and forgot to order a propeller for another plane...sent him email, and get answer, thank you for buying plane, not only esc, and dont worry, as a thank you, ill drop this prop in for free! actually every time i sent him email regarding something i have bought/want to buy, i get the nice personal customer service!
rimaarts is offline Find More Posts by rimaarts