HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 26, 2012, 06:16 PM
Team Hillbilly
United States, MD, Dundalk
Joined Feb 2009
3,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverted-I-Fly View Post
just got rf6, but I can't find the thread with variants, anybody know where that went
I started a thread a while back with some phoenix variants but since I switched to Rf6 I haven't seen a thread. Go to the swap pages and type my screen name in the search bar on the bottom left of the home page. I have a few variants and color schemes to get you started. You can find many others on the swap pages as well as mine.
tominator06 is online now Find More Posts by tominator06
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 26, 2012, 06:18 PM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,925 Posts
I think tower waits till the day after a big order from me to send out the latest 'gold' coupon codes.
going4speed is offline Find More Posts by going4speed
Old Sep 26, 2012, 06:21 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,178 Posts
Quote:
just got rf6, but I can't find the thread with variants, anybody know where that went
Realflight.com under downloads, and then swap files...

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Sep 26, 2012, 06:22 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by going4speed View Post
I think tower waits till the day after a big order from me to send out the latest 'gold' coupon codes.
Yup....I know that one!!

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 26, 2012, 06:51 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
USA, CO, Highlands Ranch
Joined Apr 2009
1,970 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
I never got any either until a couple of years ago....then I had a particularly nasty bout of flu a few years ago....last year I got a flu shot...one day of just a few chills, and was good all year.... Hopefully, that's what will happen this year... I don't feel "bad"...just not up to par....

SteveT
There are so many flu strains out there and the shots you get are for one specific strain. If that comes around your golden. If another stain comes around your sick. JMO.
rdcskkrose is offline Find More Posts by rdcskkrose
Old Sep 26, 2012, 06:56 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcskkrose View Post
There are so many flu strains out there and the shots you get are for one specific strain. If that comes around your golden. If another stain comes around your sick. JMO.
Yeah....That's what I told my wife....

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 26, 2012, 07:14 PM
inverted-i-fly
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tominator06 View Post
I started a thread a while back with some phoenix variants but since I switched to Rf6 I haven't seen a thread. Go to the swap pages and type my screen name in the search bar on the bottom left of the home page. I have a few variants and color schemes to get you started. You can find many others on the swap pages as well as mine.
thanks, I got your edge downloaded and it flys great, could use a bit of KE mixing and more expo, but I can seem to figure out how to do that

The slick it will not let me download (install) becasue it says I do not have that aircraft, do I need to buy an expansion pack?
3drcparts is online now Find More Posts by 3drcparts
Old Sep 26, 2012, 07:15 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,186 Posts
Yeah how do i adjust the expo in RF6? I just got it as well.
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Old Sep 26, 2012, 07:18 PM
inverted-i-fly
Joined Mar 2011
4,286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmala View Post
never had a flu shot.

never plan to get one.
+1

complete marketing scam, only protects against one strain, and they have no idea what that will be, it is purely a guess. And the shot wreaks havoc with your immune system for 2 weeks, so even if you don't get sick from the shot your likely get sick from something in the first two weeks.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 07:20 PM
inverted-i-fly
Joined Mar 2011
4,286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
Yeah how do i adjust the expo in RF6? I just got it as well.
this Osiris variant is pretty good, I know your itching to fly it

http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/down...=file&id=14724
Old Sep 26, 2012, 07:22 PM
Team Twisted!
Joined Dec 2011
4,186 Posts
Quote:
this Osiris variant is pretty good, I know your itching to fly it

http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/down...=file&id=14724
Cool thanks! Yeah my Osiris showed up today and it looks good. I just need a motor and it'll be flying. I'm going to download that right now.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 07:28 PM
Team Hillbilly
Joined Feb 2009
3,492 Posts
Quote:
thanks, I got your edge downloaded and it flys great, could use a bit of KE mixing and more expo, but I can seem to figure out how to do that

The slick it will not let me download (install) becasue it says I do not have that aircraft, do I need to buy an expansion pack?
The edge is still a work in progress but there were lots of people asking for a smaller plane so I posted it as soon as I got it decent. I am currently working on 57" extra which is coming along well.
The slick doesn't need any expansion pack. It requires you to download slick540.ea
When you download a variant on that download page it shows what plane is needed for the variant. You can click the name of the required plane and it will bring you to that planes download page. Just download it and then click back to get to the variants download page again. This one I based on a plane that can be downloaded for free from the swaps. If you type slick540.ea into the search bar you can get the required plane. Just import the slick540.ea first then the variant. My extras and edge are based on planes that come with Rf6 so no other downloading is required. You can pm me if you have any difficulties. Enjoy!!
Old Sep 26, 2012, 07:32 PM
Team Twisted!
Joined Dec 2011
4,186 Posts
Can you download a slick scheme for your variants tominator?
Old Sep 26, 2012, 07:35 PM
inverted-i-fly
Joined Mar 2011
4,286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tominator06 View Post
The edge is still a work in progress but there were lots of people asking for a smaller plane so I posted it as soon as I got it decent. I am currently working on 57" extra which is coming along well.
The slick doesn't need any expansion pack. It requires you to download slick540.ea
When you download a variant on that download page it shows what plane is needed for the variant. You can click the name of the required plane and it will bring you to that planes download page. Just download it and then click back to get to the variants download page again. This one I based on a plane that can be downloaded for free from the swaps. If you type slick540.ea into the search bar you can get the required plane. Just import the slick540.ea first then the variant. My extras and edge are based on planes that come with Rf6 so no other downloading is required. You can pm me if you have any difficulties. Enjoy!!
perfect, worked and thanks
Old Sep 26, 2012, 07:36 PM
Team Hillbilly
Joined Feb 2009
3,492 Posts
Yes I have a slick scheme which is exactly like my slick with the nachos cheese graphics on it. There is also an orange scheme and an original red AJ scheme available for the slick. When you are on the download page for a specific plane there is a list of all the color schemes for that plane at the bottom of the page. They are all links to the respective color schemes. I am working on a red 87 shp scheme now for the extra variants. I have an orange 48 edge 540 scheme for my edge variant as well. My edge and slick schemes were done for me by a friend. This 87 shp scheme is something I am working on myself based on another shp scheme I found.