Old Sep 13, 2012, 06:50 PM
customstandoffs
USA, AL, Madison
Joined Dec 2007
8,546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio AV8TOR View Post
Dang that tiny sbach is cool
Yeah, 2s so I wonder if it will be like the beast and too fast to easily fly in a gym
cmala is offline Find More Posts by cmala
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 13, 2012, 07:03 PM
Team Hillbilly
United States, MD, Dundalk
Joined Feb 2009
3,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
Duuuudes who has seen the new UMX Sbach 3D!? It actually does a blender in this new video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aG-h7...&feature=g-u-u
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebloomer View Post
OHHH its brushless!!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmala View Post
Yeah, 2s so I wonder if it will be like the beast and too fast to easily fly in a gym
I have the original sbach. Great little flyer. This one like the newest beast "3d" versions have the as3x gyro system. They can slow down much better than the older versions. They are supposed to handle the wind with ease. I changed mine to a beast motor which has a lower kv so I could run a bigger prop. Helped the tail authority and improved slow flying. It's a fun little plane. Does pretty good in the wind without the gyros.

Eflite Umx Sbach - Beast motor Gws 6030 prop - 2nd flight (5 min 22 sec)
tominator06 is offline Find More Posts by tominator06
Old Sep 13, 2012, 07:13 PM
Fly Low, Fly 3d, Repair Often
United States, OK, Weatherford
Joined Jun 2011
2,733 Posts
Quote:
i agree!
davebloomer is offline Find More Posts by davebloomer
Old Sep 13, 2012, 07:14 PM
Team 3DHS
Nashville , Tennessee
Joined Jan 2009
5,470 Posts
The Sbach is cool but the SFG's make it just look stupid IMO.
wamsy55 is offline Find More Posts by wamsy55
Old Sep 13, 2012, 07:20 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamsy55 View Post
at least make them a color that doesnt Stand Out like the white?
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Sep 13, 2012, 07:39 PM
3dizzle 4 lyfe
United States, OH, Philo
Joined Jul 2011
2,463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamsy55 View Post
sbach 342 aret really supposed to be 3d anyways so. i doubt ill get one because i KNOW it wont fly in a gym.
cale10 is online now Find More Posts by cale10
Old Sep 13, 2012, 07:42 PM
Team Hillbilly
Joined Feb 2009
3,492 Posts
I'm sure you can get the new one to fly in a gym. Heck I would fly mine in one if here wasn't much traffic. Just have to be careful.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 07:43 PM
3dizzle 4 lyfe
United States, OH, Philo
Joined Jul 2011
2,463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tominator06 View Post
I'm sure you can get the new one to fly in a gym. Heck I would fly mine in one if here wasn't much traffic. Just have to be careful.
rather have a crack yak or something. they fly MUCH better.
cale10 is online now Find More Posts by cale10
Old Sep 13, 2012, 07:56 PM
Team 3DHS / Team JR
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Apr 2010
4,370 Posts
Now I just need as3x on my 119.... Gyros...
Bivens is online now Find More Posts by Bivens
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 13, 2012, 08:08 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,012 Posts
RF6
Huckin
Addict

EDIT: not working.
Park_aviator is online now Find More Posts by Park_aviator
Last edited by Park_aviator; Sep 13, 2012 at 08:17 PM.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 08:13 PM
Team Hillbilly
Joined Feb 2009
3,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cale10 View Post
rather have a crack yak or something. They fly much better.
ok!
Old Sep 13, 2012, 09:02 PM
fly and then fly some more!
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucor basher View Post
I don't want to give the impression that I'm against using web forums, far from it, but I do have to be judicious about it. I have never, ever, in my entire career, ever had a conversation in person anywhere near as bad or rancorous as I could very easily have on here every single day. When people walk up to us at a fly in with some issue on a plane, we typically fix it and get them flying. I did that for several people just this weekend. Over the web, however, it's a contest to see who can be most offended and some people really pull out all the stops. What we did was sell people the same airplanes we fly, but you'd think we stabbed their puppy in the head. In any case, that thread needs to cool down before anything good can be done in there.

Also, yes, I do wish some people could live our lives for a few days, so that they could see what it actually takes to make a business like this happen. But, alas, they won't ever see that, so they can post all their flippant stuff on the web about how easy it would be if they were in charge. Right now, I have some guy going absolutely nutso crazy because I will not respond to his emails about how the airfoils on 3DHS planes are incorrect. Awesome. I cannot wait to get this advice and pass it along to Scott and Andrew.

No, actually, I'm going to keep ignoring him, and I'm sure he'll post about it soon. Fun!
I just feel the need to post a reply to this post. Please, when you read this, picture me talking to you in person in a calm polite way and not as a mad rant, because it is meant to be constructive and I hope its taken that way.

#1, I have been in the customer service business ever since my first job at 16 years old. I have been a waiter at several restaurants, been in sales in several jobs and was top salesman many times, and I have owned 2 businesses that dealt directly with customers. I now work at a bank, also dealing with customers. So, I do feel I speak with a little experience about dealing with customers since I have been in the customer business for 20 years now.

#2, Many people are complaining about this wing roll issue, and many are people who have been flying for many many years and have owned many 3D planes. I feel they are speaking from experience. you guys even admitted that there is a twist in the wing that should not be there causing a right wing roll. You feel you researched it and found a fix by simply twisting the wing the other way until its straight. you guys posted ONE time telling us the "fix" even though a couple of us had already come up with that fix before you guys even brought it up. I was actually the one who found the twist in the wing to be causing this right wing roll issue. But not even a thank you from you guys for evening finding this problem. And when you guys posted your ONE post, you didnt even act sorry for the problems people were having. You didn't apologize in any way for the problems, even if you didnt feel it was your fault its still just the right thing to do to the customers who feel let down. The main issue people have in that thread isnt that there is a problem with the plane, but that you guys are ignoring them and dont seem to care that they are continuing to have issues. The problem with this fix, is that it appears to be temporary, at least for some. Several have fixed their wings but the twist returned a week or two later. Me being one of them. I would say 90% of the people in that thread are reporting problems and do not like the way the plane flies even after trying the fix. Another new one popped up today reporting this and also said he hopes you all do something about it. I have dealt with really crappy rc companies that everyone complains about and even they have returned my emails. I have never seen a thread on any of their planes with that much complaining going on about it not flying right. Something is clearly wrong. As far as the "business" side of things, I understand you guys dont want to lose money and if you give one person a store credit, then all the others will want the same. I get that. but if their is indeed a issue, then that is business. That happens. Take care of your customers please. If you want them to remain customers.

#3, I wrote you an email after trying your fix and nicely stated that I tried your fix and I am continuing to still have problems and asked for help in this matter. I did not rant, I did not get mad, I just let you know I was still having problems. If you feel that email was rude or ranting, you are getting too sensitive. I know what ranting it like. I hated customers that ranted on me. I did not ask for a refund, I asked for help. No email was returned. I emailed again a week or so later and this time requested a store credit but still was not asking for a refund, trying to be fair and felt a store credit would be cheaper for you guys then a full refund. Still no email reply. I do not feel I was rude or ranting in any of the emails. Again, speaking from experience, I do not feel customers should be treated in this way. I have had customers come up to me YELLING and THROW their product at me in the store, dump their broken product on my desk in many pieces because they trashed it, etc. Is the right thing to do just ignore them? I doubt they would have been happy if I had done that. You guys only posted ONCE in that forum and it was near the beginning of this issue and only posted about twisting the wing the other way. When people continued having problems, you offered no more support, didnt even try. You just assumed that people would not listen and ignored them.

now, let me state, I do fully understand your post and i do agree with it for the most part. Other then the need to ignore customers, even by email. I could see not wanting to get into it in the forums, and I could see ignoring mean or rude ranting emails, but mine were not. I do understand where you are coming from and do not disagree with your thoughts, again, for the most part. I am not telling you how to run your business, its your business, but ignoring customers who are not going nutso, but simply need help does not seem right to me. I will not name the other hobby company, but I have dealt mainly with another well known brand in this hobby for years, and they have gone above and beyond for me. Even replacing things they had no proof of to be their fault. They just took my word for it. replaced motors not even under warranty anymore and I didnt even ask them to. To me, that is looking out for your customers. If you dont feel that way, then I guess that's your call. To me, giving someone a $100 in store credit, which cost you about $50 probably, to make the customer happy and gain his loyalty and repeat business seems well worth it. instead, you lose a customer who could have bought many more products for you and helped spread the word about how great your business is. I have never, in any type of customer based business, seen where ignoring the customer is the right way to go. I have been to seminars and everything about this stuff, and they did not teach to ignore customers, even if they are mad.

Lastly, it appears you guys are even not allowing negative reviews of your planes to be posted. This is not fair to potential buyers and many on here have posted not being happy about this as well. Should all companies not allow negative reviews? how is that good for future buyers? people should be allowed to leave their opinions about a product, good or bad. Of course the review can be downright nasty and should not be allowed, but if its simply negative about the product, it should be allowed.

Will some people not listen to you no matter what you say and how much you try to help? yes. are some customers just impossible to make happy? yes. But I for one, am not one of those customers. I have dealt with many of those customers in my life.

Ok, I have said what I need to say. I hope this is taken constructively and not as a rant, even though I am almost sure it will be. I will not keep posting about this, just wanted to get this all out there. By the way, people even PM'd me asking me to do this. I have received numerous PM's from people about this issue that dont want to post on the forums, but just read them, because they dont want people getting onto them for sharing their thoughts, but they agree with what I am saying.
nickelbn1 is offline Find More Posts by nickelbn1
Old Sep 13, 2012, 09:23 PM
Flying 2 Fight Cancer
corona, ca
Joined Feb 2011
3,610 Posts
well no luck with my dle, it took me about an hour to start it. At one point when it would pop, it stopped popping and then i noticed the fuel was returning back to tank. Had to plug the choke with my finger in order to get the fuel to go back into the carb. Got it started and ran fine, tuned it and shut it off. by accident. After i was unable to start it back up. What the heck

Help please!!!!!
Elec 1800 is online now Find More Posts by Elec 1800
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Great Planes Cosmic Wind
Old Sep 13, 2012, 09:32 PM
Wingman II
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Sep 2011
1,205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elec 1800 View Post
well no luck with my dle, it took me about an hour to start it. At one point when it would pop, it stopped popping and then i noticed the fuel was returning back to tank. Had to plug the choke with my finger in order to get the fuel to go back into the carb. Got it started and ran fine, tuned it and shut it off. by accident. After i was unable to start it back up. What the heck

Help please!!!!!
U check your ignition? Ignition battery? Spark plug? Have you adjusted the needles at all?
diggity2424 is online now Find More Posts by diggity2424
Old Sep 13, 2012, 09:39 PM
Team 3DHS / Team JR
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Apr 2010
4,370 Posts
I've had some DLE30 success by "soldering" up the hole in their choke plate....equivalent to what you did by holding your finger over the carb.

It's been my past experience that a choke that is not fully closing or still has the "stock DLE hole" does not draw fuel nearly as well when choked as it would when you plugged it over with your finger.

As they get some time on them, they tend to take less work to draw fuel....possibly the diaphrams in the carb loosening up....

Also, a lean low end makes it more difficult to start...not sure if that's a factor for you...but something to check.

I had a DLE30...once....it IS a 30cc, correct?
Bivens is online now Find More Posts by Bivens
RCG Plus Member