Old Sep 10, 2012, 09:39 PM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,925 Posts
I believe it's spelled KITTEH

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXXIN2FLY View Post
Hmmm. I have added at least 6 of the most awesome planes to my hangar this year and they are all from one company, 3DHS!!! Ive had a few problems with a few arfs this year, one company has stepped up with awesome customer service, 3DHS!!!!! I have sold a few planes this year..and they werent 3DHS (due to lack of customer service). They were also awesome fliers but when things went wrong, big poppa wasnt there to fixxem. I wont mention names but it would only take two letters to figure it out and it wasnt EF!!!
I dont work for 3dhs or have any sponsorship or affiliation with them, just enjoy FLYING THE BEST and spreading the news of awesomeness!!!

ROCK ON DANCIN KITTY!!!!
going4speed is offline Find More Posts by going4speed
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 10, 2012, 09:52 PM
Team 3DHS
Nashville , Tennessee
Joined Jan 2009
5,470 Posts
RF6

Huckin
addict
wamsy55 is online now Find More Posts by wamsy55
Old Sep 10, 2012, 10:03 PM
FLY ANGRY
United States, IL, Roscoe
Joined Jul 2008
4,979 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by going4speed View Post
I believe it's spelled KITTEH
LOL If youre sayin so!!!
FIXXIN2FLY is offline Find More Posts by FIXXIN2FLY
Old Sep 11, 2012, 01:32 AM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,205 Posts
Well this was some bad piloting!!!!! Full size mid-air collision!!

SteveT.
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Sep 11, 2012, 06:17 AM
Honeybadger don't care...
Orlando, FL
Joined May 2010
1,468 Posts
Wow.
Luv3d is offline Find More Posts by Luv3d
Old Sep 11, 2012, 10:25 AM
3DHobbyShop Addict
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,558 Posts
3DHS 51 Slick Maiden (6 min 55 sec)
Alex Schauer is online now Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Old Sep 11, 2012, 10:27 AM
3D Sunset Flier
PHX
Joined Jun 2008
3,907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
Well this was some bad piloting!!!!! Full size mid-air collision!!

SteveT.
Weekend warriors at it again.

P.S. Happy no one died and I hope they learned something. Whew!
Buzzed is offline Find More Posts by Buzzed
Old Sep 11, 2012, 10:36 AM
3D Sunset Flier
PHX
Joined Jun 2008
3,907 Posts
Warbird action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=...ture=endscreen
Buzzed is offline Find More Posts by Buzzed
Old Sep 11, 2012, 10:38 AM
United States, FL, Marianna
Joined Apr 2011
860 Posts
Amazon has the Weller WES51 Analog Soldering Station on sale for $78.49 with free prime shipping. Lowest price ever for them. Can't link as I'm at work.
dentalpain is offline Find More Posts by dentalpain
Old Sep 11, 2012, 11:04 AM
United States, PA, Lancaster
Joined Jun 2003
24,141 Posts
Quote:
3dhs has a real problem over in the 40" Edge EPP forum...link
Well, I've been doing this for a while, and I have deeply considered the issue. We always go through a rough time with every inexpensive aircraft we do. 40" Balsa Edge was a very similar experience. When you do a small, inexpensive aircraft, you take a risk. You can test them extensively, fly them and fly them, develop them, and still have an internet feeding frenzy develop.

As an example, we brought some fresh 40" EPP Edges out to the State College event last weekend. Just built from the box, equipment stuck in, charge it and throw it. It's EPP, which is rubber foam, so they always require some trim and they never feel as precise as balsa, but we hand the Tx to people and they fly them and love them. We fly them and show them off. By this I mean we fly the plane and let other people fly the plane, in the real world, even newbies. That should be as pure and unaltered an experience of the plane as possible.

Now, compare to that thread. You have people who are claiming the aircraft won't roll at throttle and is unflyable. If an airplane that rolls for one pilot will not roll for another pilot, then pilot B has a variable different. I have read through it and have judged that probably some of these individual people need some setup assistance, and some people (since it is a 40" long thin EPP wing panel) need to twist their wings....but that information will not get out if posted in that thread. A rep of 3DHS who posts will not be listened to. It's a toxic environment, but in my opinion it will eventually calm down, at which point something could actually be done to help out. My opinion about the toxicity of the web is well known, and as a result we don't go wading off into impossible situations as often as we used to. That's just the way it is.
blucor basher is offline Find More Posts by blucor basher
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 11, 2012, 11:08 AM
Fly til dark
United States, IN, Bourbon
Joined Nov 2011
147 Posts
Cannot wait for Saturday as I am doing a demo at a local airport. It is part of the Nappannee Apple fest the airport has a wings and wheels car show. All kids 7 to 18 get to take a ride in a plane for no charge and our club was invited out to show off our rc planes and let everyone know what model flying is about. At a little after 3 they are going to shut down the action to let me fly.Pretty excited just hope I don't make an ass out of myself ha ha.
jfuller1250 is offline Find More Posts by jfuller1250
Old Sep 11, 2012, 11:24 AM
United States, NE, Lincoln
Joined Mar 2011
707 Posts
Very true ben... Silly interwebs are pretty worthless anymore...
nebwake is offline Find More Posts by nebwake
Old Sep 11, 2012, 12:00 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,808 Posts
Just got this news blurb about the outages yesterday that KM mentioned...

"GoDaddy Outage caused by glitch, not hacking"
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Last edited by heritageflyer; Sep 11, 2012 at 12:13 PM.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 12:12 PM
United States, PA, Lancaster
Joined Jun 2003
24,141 Posts
I don't want to give the impression that I'm against using web forums, far from it, but I do have to be judicious about it. I have never, ever, in my entire career, ever had a conversation in person anywhere near as bad or rancorous as I could very easily have on here every single day. When people walk up to us at a fly in with some issue on a plane, we typically fix it and get them flying. I did that for several people just this weekend. Over the web, however, it's a contest to see who can be most offended and some people really pull out all the stops. What we did was sell people the same airplanes we fly, but you'd think we stabbed their puppy in the head. In any case, that thread needs to cool down before anything good can be done in there.

Also, yes, I do wish some people could live our lives for a few days, so that they could see what it actually takes to make a business like this happen. But, alas, they won't ever see that, so they can post all their flippant stuff on the web about how easy it would be if they were in charge. Right now, I have some guy going absolutely nutso crazy because I will not respond to his emails about how the airfoils on 3DHS planes are incorrect. Awesome. I cannot wait to get this advice and pass it along to Scott and Andrew.

No, actually, I'm going to keep ignoring him, and I'm sure he'll post about it soon. Fun!
blucor basher is offline Find More Posts by blucor basher
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 11, 2012, 12:12 PM
Flying 2 Fight Cancer
corona, ca
Joined Feb 2011
3,613 Posts
By any chance does anyone have a spare (new) ignition for a dle 30 maybe laying around that wouldnt mind selling. Need one to get my disco ball up in the air
Elec 1800 is online now Find More Posts by Elec 1800
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Great Planes Cosmic Wind