HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 10, 2012, 09:16 AM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,892 Posts
Anyone have any (Good) used CF LG for the 57 SC?

I caught a hole yesterday at D'Town, Bonedoc'd it and twisted out my right leg at the pant. Split the layers.

PM if you do, I need it by this Friday, got another big Fly event in WV.

Otherwise I am ordering new LG today...
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 10, 2012, 10:24 AM
United States, VA, Berryville
Joined May 2010
369 Posts
Since I am on the topic of the 89"Slick, I am using HV servos and a da 60. I was looking at gas setups over the weekend but it's overwhelming to me. Other than using the Smart Fly what other power distribution systems can I use? I think I rember Arron and Joe were using one that was much smaller and was mounted on the side of the body.
kellyzo6 is offline Find More Posts by kellyzo6
Old Sep 10, 2012, 10:44 AM
United States, NE, Lincoln
Joined Mar 2011
711 Posts
You dont need one, depending on the RX you are running just plug your lipo straight into the rx. If you want to run multiple batteries, you can get a fromco wolverine switch and add some redundancy but its not really necessary. I dont even run power distribution systems on my 40% airplanes. I belive in keeping it simple as possible. I run multiple A123's in the big planes and never see enough voltage sag to convince me to add a smartfly. If I flew a 40% IMAC bird I might because I would probably add a few more servos but I currently run 9 big servos on my 40%er
nebwake is offline Find More Posts by nebwake
Last edited by nebwake; Sep 10, 2012 at 10:55 AM.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 10:50 AM
Joined May 2010
369 Posts
Thanks the Wolverne switch you spoke about is what I think they were using. I'll look it up just to be sure.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:00 AM
Fly Low, Fly 3d, Repair Often
United States, OK, Weatherford
Joined Jun 2011
2,735 Posts
I cannot wait on foamfoot. There are a few others I'd like to have but that one is a must have. I'm clicking buy the first day it's open for pre order. No waiting around on reviews etc etc I gotta have it.
davebloomer is online now Find More Posts by davebloomer
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:02 AM
inverted-i-fly
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,448 Posts
based on a new plane that skywing is developing, I'm betting on a new 3DHS full fuse epp slick in not so distant future, these look to be really cool, construction looks nice and roomy
3drcparts is online now Find More Posts by 3drcparts
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:24 AM
Stick banger
USA, AZ, Chandler
Joined Oct 2004
1,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebloomer View Post
That is my feeling too. If I hand someone my sticks whether a mechanical failure or a dumb thumb failure I assume all responsibility. I wouldn't hand them the sticks if I didn't trust them and I wouldn't fly planes if I couldn't handle losing them.

No he doesn't expect me to pay him anything. All that was damaged was the gear plate and he said he had already fixed it one time before.
1) If I offer my transmitter to someone else, I assume all responsibility since I'm initiating it. Even if they do something stupid, it was my suggestion.
2) If the other person specifically asks to fly it, there has to be some agreement ahead of time on responsibility. Either I know the person and trust them (meaning I am responsible) or I specifically give the "ok, but if you break it you bought it" line and they agree to take responsibility.

Very rarely does #2 come into play, since I normally fly with people I trust and just offer them the transmitter.
Ace4 is offline Find More Posts by Ace4
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:27 AM
Stick banger
USA, AZ, Chandler
Joined Oct 2004
1,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyzo6 View Post
Since I am on the topic of the 89"Slick, I am using HV servos and a da 60. I was looking at gas setups over the weekend but it's overwhelming to me. Other than using the Smart Fly what other power distribution systems can I use? I think I rember Arron and Joe were using one that was much smaller and was mounted on the side of the body.
My 87 SHP setup (DA-60 also):
- Fromeco Wolverine switch, 3 leads into receiver
- Two 2s1550mAh LiPos (straight 2s voltage to receiver & servos)
- Smartfly optical ignition kill
- 4cell 2000mAh NiMh for ignition, no switch (unplug at end of the day)

You don't need a power distribution setup for a 50/60cc airplane.
Ace4 is offline Find More Posts by Ace4
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:44 AM
customstandoffs
USA, AL, Madison
Joined Dec 2007
8,547 Posts
Its always hard when you break someone elses stuff. I feel responsible even if it wasn't my fault. I normally don't fly OPP for that reason, except for bivens

your situation sounds easy though. He had the tx and landed it and broke it after the motor quit.

Offer to fix it or parts to fix it. use a buddy box next time. Owner has all responsibility with a buddy box
cmala is offline Find More Posts by cmala
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:49 AM
On loan to Texas
United States, TX, Benbrook
Joined Oct 2005
5,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyzo6 View Post
Thanks the Wolverne switch you spoke about is what I think they were using. I'll look it up just to be sure.
I am very happy with my Wolverine switch. Not to expensive and provides nice protection. I am using 2ea A123 batteries on my 87" SHP and have 3 JR power feeds to my receiver. Nice simple charge plugs as well.
Ohio AV8TOR is online now Find More Posts by Ohio AV8TOR
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:55 AM
Joined May 2010
369 Posts
Thanks for helping.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:58 AM
MD1 HACK
USA, OH, Wadsworth
Joined Jan 2010
1,301 Posts
Man if any of you guys are on the fence about ordering a Velox, may I present the following evidence for your consideration
joshet89 is online now Find More Posts by joshet89
Old Sep 10, 2012, 12:13 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,892 Posts
SWEET!!!! Oil Dippin! It's a real Gas!!!
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old Sep 10, 2012, 12:18 PM
inverted-i-fly
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,448 Posts
I want to fly off that field
3drcparts is online now Find More Posts by 3drcparts
Old Sep 10, 2012, 12:20 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshet89 View Post
Man if any of you guys are on the fence about ordering a Velox, may I present the following evidence for your consideration
The Velow that was at our FLI was very sweet.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy