SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Sep 09, 2012, 09:58 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,477 Posts
But Slicks land sooooooo fine!!! Did you have your idle set too high??

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 09, 2012, 10:00 PM
3D Sunset Flier
Buzzed's Avatar
PHX
Joined Jun 2008
3,977 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebloomer View Post
Sunset
Nice Dave!

Buzzed is offline Find More Posts by Buzzed
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 09, 2012, 10:03 PM
Fly Low, Fly 3d, Repair Often
davebloomer's Avatar
United States, OK, Weatherford
Joined Jun 2011
2,733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzed View Post
Nice Dave!

hehe just a cell phone pic from side of the road. Not the buzzed quality sunset we are all used to
davebloomer is offline Find More Posts by davebloomer
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 09, 2012, 10:07 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebloomer View Post
hehe just a cell phone pic from side of the road. Not the buzzed quality sunset we are all used to
Still nice.....

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 09, 2012, 10:08 PM
HIBDON FOR PRESIDENT !!
goflyhighrc's Avatar
Modesto, CA
Joined Nov 2006
3,154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer View Post
Can you guys please vote for me?
I really want to win!!

http://www.3drcforums.com/showthread...-voting-thread
Thanks!
Alex
No smoozin for votes
goflyhighrc is offline Find More Posts by goflyhighrc
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 09, 2012, 10:08 PM
3D Sunset Flier
Buzzed's Avatar
PHX
Joined Jun 2008
3,977 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
Still nice.....

SteveT
Yep! Keep em' coming.

Buzzed is offline Find More Posts by Buzzed
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 09, 2012, 10:09 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goflyhighrc View Post
No smoozin for votes
Smoozin allowed.....

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 09, 2012, 10:14 PM
3D Sunset Flier
Buzzed's Avatar
PHX
Joined Jun 2008
3,977 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
Smoozin allowed.....

SteveT
Awwwww...

Buzzed is offline Find More Posts by Buzzed
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 09, 2012, 10:19 PM
Fly Low, Fly 3d, Repair Often
davebloomer's Avatar
United States, OK, Weatherford
Joined Jun 2011
2,733 Posts
So what is the proper etiquette if someone lets you fly a plane that is worth 3X what any of your planes are and the motor dies and damage is done to it?
davebloomer is offline Find More Posts by davebloomer
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 09, 2012, 10:24 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,477 Posts
If "you" caused the damage....at least offer to pay. If it was equipment failure it isn't your fault. That said...Did you ask to fly the plane, or did the owner offer? Usually, if the owner offers, they either should ask if you are capable of flying it, or already know you are capable...If they didn't ask, then I would say it is their fault, but again, you should at least offer....

Years ago, when a 1/4 scale plane was really considered to be a big plane, a friend of mine (who I must say was very wealthy), was flying a 1/4 scale Ultimate Bipe. I had gone out to the flight line with him...and jokingly asked him to let me fly it....He said sure and started to hand me the transmitter. I thanked him, but told him, no, as I couldn't afford to replace it if something happened...he said....Okay, but no big deal..... Less than 30 seconds later, he had a radio failure, and crashed the plane, totally destroying it, as it went in at full throttle!! I was thinking to myself...."Thank Goodness I wasn't flying it!!!!"

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by SteveT.; Sep 09, 2012 at 10:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 09, 2012, 10:25 PM
3DHS 'native'
going4speed's Avatar
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,927 Posts
It was set to 1700 on the ground. I think I am just over my head with this plane. Not enough experience...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
But Slicks land sooooooo fine!!! Did you have your idle set too high??

SteveT
going4speed is online now Find More Posts by going4speed
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 09, 2012, 10:33 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by going4speed View Post
It was set to 1700 on the ground. I think I am just over my head with this plane. Not enough experience...
I believe that is a bit high.....

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 09, 2012, 10:34 PM
3D Sunset Flier
Buzzed's Avatar
PHX
Joined Jun 2008
3,977 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebloomer View Post
So what is the proper etiquette if someone lets you fly a plane that is worth 3X what any of your planes are and the motor dies and damage is done to it?
Not your fault motor the died. The owner "usually" assumes all responsibility when he hands the transmitter to someone else.

At our field I've never actually heard of a time were an owner makes someone else pay for his plane that crashed. That's not cool, seeing as all models have an expiration date anyhow.

Just my opinion, but I would like to hear more.

-Buzzed

P.S. Does he want you to buy him another one??
Buzzed is offline Find More Posts by Buzzed
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 09, 2012, 10:37 PM
Fly Low, Fly 3d, Repair Often
davebloomer's Avatar
United States, OK, Weatherford
Joined Jun 2011
2,733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzed View Post
Not your fault motor the died. The owner "usually" assumes all responsibility when he hands the transmitter to someone else.

At our field I've never actually heard of a time were an owner makes someone else pay for his plane that crashed. That's not cool, seeing as all models have an expiration date anyhow.

Just my opinion, but I would like to hear more.

-Buzzed

P.S. Does he want you to buy him another one??
That is my feeling too. If I hand someone my sticks whether a mechanical failure or a dumb thumb failure I assume all responsibility. I wouldn't hand them the sticks if I didn't trust them and I wouldn't fly planes if I couldn't handle losing them.

No he doesn't expect me to pay him anything. All that was damaged was the gear plate and he said he had already fixed it one time before.
davebloomer is offline Find More Posts by davebloomer
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 09, 2012, 10:40 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebloomer View Post
That is my feeling too. If I hand someone my sticks whether a mechanical failure or a dumb thumb failure I assume all responsibility. I wouldn't hand them the sticks if I didn't trust them and I wouldn't fly planes if I couldn't handle losing them.

No he doesn't expect me to pay him anything. All that was damaged was the gear plate and he said he had already fixed it one time before.
Maybe offer to help him rebuild it......

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion You are addicted to flying when.... postalflyer72 Electric Plane Talk 34 Jul 16, 2011 11:12 PM
Video Angelo Lomelí flying 3D antics Jorge Fernandez Electric Plane Talk 0 Sep 30, 2006 02:22 PM
Tiger Moth antics - flying inverted w/video SnoJetter Parkflyers 49 Sep 16, 2003 07:25 PM
Help! Getting addicted to Park Flying fly4fun Parkflyers 11 Feb 16, 2002 10:58 AM
You know when your addicted to Slow Flying when..... Gman Parkflyers 51 Aug 05, 2001 03:19 AM