Old Sep 07, 2012, 10:27 AM
3D Sunset Flier
PHX
Joined Jun 2008
3,903 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97 View Post
Hey guys. Sitting in study hall, bored.
OK, I feel old now... Last time I was in study hall was 1986.

Hehe

Buzzed is offline Find More Posts by Buzzed
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 07, 2012, 10:35 AM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,925 Posts
Point and shoot camera

Looking for input on a good point and shoot. Bought a Nikon s9300 and not impressed as it seems to have autofocus issues bad.
going4speed is online now Find More Posts by going4speed
Old Sep 07, 2012, 12:08 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Groveport, OH...USA
Joined Nov 2010
10,046 Posts
they let the convict out yet?
aronph is offline Find More Posts by aronph
Old Sep 07, 2012, 12:09 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Groveport, OH...USA
Joined Nov 2010
10,046 Posts
haha....NOPE!
aronph is offline Find More Posts by aronph
Old Sep 07, 2012, 12:31 PM
TEAM 3DHS
United States, LA, Bossier City
Joined May 2011
604 Posts
Quote:
Never spent a minute in study hall. Spent a lot of time in detention. Seems teachers weren't very entertained by the class clown.
BOSSIER_ROB is offline Find More Posts by BOSSIER_ROB
Old Sep 07, 2012, 12:39 PM
doh!
United States, AR, Little Rock
Joined May 2006
4,157 Posts
You know I really really don't understand why the mods hide a post from a user. It doesn't punish that user at all. It punishes everybody else on rcgroups. Stupid thing to do in my opinion...
ryan_m is online now Find More Posts by ryan_m
Old Sep 07, 2012, 12:43 PM
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined Apr 2010
2,658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_m View Post
You know I really really don't understand why the mods hide a post from a user. It doesn't punish that user at all. It punishes everybody else on rcgroups. Stupid thing to do in my opinion...
Hahahahahah I got a point for politely stating how I felt about the moderation... namely "flatulence" for talking about something "controversial" in an "on-topic" thread.

Uhhhh, this thread is specifically stated as being OFF-TOPIC, and I was completely polite. Looks like I won't be contributing much here anymore... and to think I help other members with advice pretty much every day.

And my post is quoted about 5 posts down if you'd like to read it
FireyFate is offline Find More Posts by FireyFate
Last edited by FireyFate; Sep 07, 2012 at 08:38 PM.
Old Sep 07, 2012, 12:46 PM
Fly til dark
United States, IN, Bourbon
Joined Nov 2011
147 Posts
Quote:
Me to but I am at work getting paid for it atleast.
jfuller1250 is offline Find More Posts by jfuller1250
Old Sep 07, 2012, 12:54 PM
I AM Smiling
Joined Dec 2007
372 Posts
Take a look at this -- "How to get to Mars"

www.youtube.com/embed/XRCIzZHpFtY?rel=0
DeadStick Dave is offline Find More Posts by DeadStick Dave
Old Sep 07, 2012, 01:07 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_m View Post
Had a friend that used to turn his tx off and then disarm the plane. He had read the documentation on Spektrum radios and supposedly if no tx signal is found it won't give throttle input. So in theory this should be a safe practice, and is what he did. Then one day he did that at a fly-in. A 70" Slick went to full throttle immediately and slammed into somebody's leg. Fortunately it was a Xoar prop and the prop shattered. His leg was cut up pretty good and had severe bruising from the prop strikes. An APC or carbon prop would have been a lot worse I think. He no longer turns the tx off first. His failsafe was set properly too.

And Steve - DSM2 picks two frequencies. Other 2.4 ghz systems hop amongst all the frequencies not just two.
You are of course absolutely correct, and I should have noted that....but for some reason I was thinking that when first turned on it used two, but if there was a problem, then it would start hopping....

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Sep 07, 2012, 01:11 PM
Aerobatic Fanatic
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Sep 2007
2,884 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
You are of course absolutely correct, and I should have noted that....but for some reason I was thinking that when first turned on it used two, but if there was a problem, then it would start hopping....

SteveT
DSM2 picks 2 open then its stuck on those 2 until cycle the RX and TX

DSM-X is frequency hopping like futaba, hitec, airtronics, etc.
HugoCraft is online now Find More Posts by HugoCraft
Old Sep 07, 2012, 01:17 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireyFate View Post
I guess every forum has to have rules and the "offenders" and their friends will always see the other side of the coin, but it does seem to be changing around here.

This hidden post thing seems especially like we have babysitters looming over us, a constant reminder of moderation which should be behind the scenes IMO. Give someone a temp ban, or don't. Not half way between that inconveniences everybody else.

There is a new forum that so far doesn't behave that way....
And doesn't intend to act that way!!

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Sep 07, 2012, 01:18 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,410 Posts
I thought i read that the dsmx was a hybrid. Slightly different than the other hopping systems
losifanatic is online now Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Sep 07, 2012, 02:23 PM
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined Apr 2010
2,658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
I thought i read that the dsmx was a hybrid. Slightly different than the other hopping systems
From the Spektrum website:

Quote:
What DSMX™ adds to the tried and true wideband technology of DSM2™ is the extra interference protection and faster reconnection times of frequency agility. But DSMX isn't just another frequency hopping system. It is wideband agile.

DSMX frequency shifts are coordinated using the most advanced FHSS algorithm ever seen in an RC application. Unlike other FHSS transmitters that all hop in the same fixed patterns, every DSMX transmitter has its own unique frequency shift pattern calculated using its GUID (Globally Unique Identifier). And each pattern uses just 23 channels in the 2.4GHz spectrum.

By adding the agility of unique frequency shifts to the superior interference resistance of a wideband signal, and limiting those shifts to a smaller portion of the 2.4 band, DSMX transmitters provide on-channel interference protection that is simply second to none. The result is quicker reconnection times and superb response in the noisiest 2.4GHz environment.
FireyFate is offline Find More Posts by FireyFate
Old Sep 07, 2012, 04:02 PM
Fort Wayne
Joined Feb 2009
4,699 Posts
Nice day at fli
jsmith285 is offline Find More Posts by jsmith285