HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Aug 31, 2012, 08:13 PM
Fly low or fly home.
skarface's Avatar
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 31, 2012, 08:17 PM
3DHobbyShop Addict
Alex Schauer's Avatar
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,500 Posts
51 Slick maiden
My plane officially rocks!!
I maidened too at the golf course. EXTREMELY LONG RUNWAY. I am camping btw. Harrier, ke, snap, loop, insane vertical! It rocks!
Video will upload when I get home.
Even dad said-HOLY CRAP that thing is floaty!
I'm login it!
Just a lot of wing rock in harrier.
How do I go about fixing this?
Motrofly fly came down cooler than my motor I've had. Insane vertical-I was too scared to even go full throttle
Alex Schauer is offline Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2012, 08:17 PM
Registered User
skippy78's Avatar
USA, VA, Narrows
Joined Mar 2009
1,483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJO View Post
Video is up.. worst landing is at the end, a true "splat" landing

My dad likes it though he says that it's his favorite plane that I've had so far.

LOVE the landing at 2:10...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86Aof1ZMK9s



Dan
My 2cents would be to find a larger area to fly in until you get used to the plane. Balsa carries more speed and energy than foam so it is not a good idea to fly in such a tight space for the first flights. Also you say you hate the wire landing gear but they saved you some money from the pancake landings.
The foam wheels will roll off of the hub when sliding sideways on a hard surface.
skippy78 is online now Find More Posts by skippy78
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2012, 08:22 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
24,875 Posts
I have PMed Dan with an offer of some decent used Gens Ace, 1800mAH packs that I have. They have just a tiny amount of puff, but still work fine....and I have four of them he can have....

Edit...he didn't want them....

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2012, 08:23 PM
inverted-i-fly
3drcparts's Avatar
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer View Post
51 Slick maiden
My plane officially rocks!!
I maidened too at the golf course. EXTREMELY LONG RUNWAY. I am camping btw. Harrier, ke, snap, loop, insane vertical! It rocks!
Video will upload when I get home.
Even dad said-HOLY CRAP that thing is floaty!
I'm login it!
Just a lot of wing rock in harrier.
How do I go about fixing this?
Motrofly fly came down cooler than my motor I've had. Insane vertical-I was too scared to even go full throttle

Nice, wing rock is either setup or your using to much rudder, 51 slick is a harrier machine
3drcparts is online now Find More Posts by 3drcparts
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2012, 08:23 PM
Registered User
dentalpain's Avatar
United States, FL, Marianna
Joined Apr 2011
858 Posts
Sometimes when i dont use a traditional full landing approach, things dont look pretty. A longer approach allows me to adjust and setup for touchdown.
dentalpain is offline Find More Posts by dentalpain
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2012, 08:24 PM
DJO
Dreaming...
DJO's Avatar
United States, CT, Stafford
Joined Oct 2011
3,426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy78 View Post
My 2cents would be to find a larger area to fly in until you get used to the plane. Balsa carries more speed and energy than foam so it is not a good idea to fly in such a tight space for the first flights. Also you say you hate the wire landing gear but they saved you some money from the pancake landings.
The foam wheels will roll off of the hub when sliding sideways on a hard surface.
AAAAAhahahaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.. .

(sorry)

Bigger space in CT! No way dude! It's 99% trees here!



Dan
DJO is offline Find More Posts by DJO
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Penguin FPV!
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2012, 08:25 PM
Team 3DHS
joesmith285's Avatar
United States, IN, Fort Wayne
Joined Nov 2008
1,398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer View Post
51 Slick maiden
My plane officially rocks!!
I maidened too at the golf course. EXTREMELY LONG RUNWAY. I am camping btw. Harrier, ke, snap, loop, insane vertical! It rocks!
Video will upload when I get home.
Even dad said-HOLY CRAP that thing is floaty!
I'm login it!
Just a lot of wing rock in harrier.
How do I go about fixing this?
Motrofly fly came down cooler than my motor I've had. Insane vertical-I was too scared to even go full throttle
Congrats on the maiden!!!
Trying adding more rudder expo.
joesmith285 is online now Find More Posts by joesmith285
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2012, 08:29 PM
Fly low or fly home.
skarface's Avatar
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
I find that every new plane I fly I have wing rock, after about 50 flight it harriers like a pro, so I think the more you fly it the less wing rock you get, also doing the above things may help.
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2012, 08:29 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
zmonster97's Avatar
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
2,928 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
I have PMed Dan with an offer of some decent used Gens Ace, 1800mAH packs that I have. They have just a tiny amount of puff, but still work fine....and I have four of them he can have....

Edit...he didn't want them....

SteveT
If your giving away lipos, I'll take them! Just kidding.
zmonster97 is offline Find More Posts by zmonster97
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 72" Extra flight
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2012, 08:30 PM
Suspended Account
United States, VA, Ashburn
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skarface View Post
Too bad there's not an expression for "sheepish"
RCAddict16 is offline Find More Posts by RCAddict16
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 31, 2012, 08:30 PM
Registered User
skippy78's Avatar
USA, VA, Narrows
Joined Mar 2009
1,483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJO View Post
AAAAAhahahaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.. .

(sorry)

Bigger space in CT! No way dude! It's 99% trees here!



Dan
Look up crashesalot on here he is from CT and may be able to help you out.
skippy78 is online now Find More Posts by skippy78
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2012, 08:30 PM
DJO
Dreaming...
DJO's Avatar
United States, CT, Stafford
Joined Oct 2011
3,426 Posts
He's from the other side of the state. Already asked him about it...

Yeah there are a few clubs around here but it's useless for me to join them until I can just drive myself there, because my dad will have to bring me, just to fly at a field for 20 minutes to an hour? Nah...
DJO is offline Find More Posts by DJO
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Penguin FPV!
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2012, 08:34 PM
Dad, why isn't yours that big?
CrashesALot's Avatar
Western CT
Joined Aug 2009
2,813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy78 View Post
Look up crashesalot on here he is from CT and may be able to help you out.
Thanks Skippy, way to throw me under the bus. Just kidding. I pm'd him a few weeks ago and we figured out that we are about 2 hours away from each other.
CrashesALot is offline Find More Posts by CrashesALot
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2012, 08:35 PM
Suspended Account
United States, VA, Ashburn
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer View Post
51 Slick maiden
My plane officially rocks!!
I maidened too at the golf course. EXTREMELY LONG RUNWAY. I am camping btw. Harrier, ke, snap, loop, insane vertical! It rocks!
Video will upload when I get home.
Even dad said-HOLY CRAP that thing is floaty!
I'm login it!
Just a lot of wing rock in harrier.
How do I go about fixing this?
Motrofly fly came down cooler than my motor I've had. Insane vertical-I was too scared to even go full throttle
Sweet can't wait for the vid
RCAddict16 is offline Find More Posts by RCAddict16
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion You are addicted to flying when.... postalflyer72 Electric Plane Talk 34 Jul 16, 2011 11:12 PM
Video Angelo Lomelí flying 3D antics Jorge Fernandez Electric Plane Talk 0 Sep 30, 2006 02:22 PM
Tiger Moth antics - flying inverted w/video SnoJetter Parkflyers 49 Sep 16, 2003 07:25 PM
Help! Getting addicted to Park Flying fly4fun Parkflyers 11 Feb 16, 2002 10:58 AM
You know when your addicted to Slow Flying when..... Gman Parkflyers 51 Aug 05, 2001 03:19 AM