HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 04, 2012, 03:07 PM
Team Hillbilly
United States, MD, Dundalk
Joined Feb 2009
3,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoned doggie View Post
Also when in harrier my plane gets alittle wing rock sometimes, i came inside and i can move my ailerons just alittle bit without moving the servo. I flipped it upside and looked at it the servo arm moves back and fourth alittle bit on each servo, I am thinking its the teeth inside the servo that thats moving just alittle.

Any way to fix this?

Anything to do to stop this?
Just takes practice. The rudder is your friend in harrier flight. Trying to correct with aileron can sometimes make it worse. I use alot of rudder when flying in harrier. The plan is not level therefore when you add rudder it also sort of acts like aileron in the fact it will also induce some roll. That is also why I use both aileron and rudder for harrier turns. It's usually I bump the aileron then when she starts to bank I use a little opposite aileron and rudder along with a little burst of throttle for nice quick harrier turns. The opposite aileron counteracts the roll which was induces by the hard rudder input.
Not sure if this makes sense to anyone but I thought I would share my thoughts.
tominator06 is offline Find More Posts by tominator06
to remove ads between posts
TEAM HILLBILLY
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Mar 2010
4,536 Posts
I have 45s on the ailerons of my buck.
3Dplank is online now Find More Posts by 3Dplank
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsok View Post
I vote stick around.... We've got to have someone pulling for another purple plane...

Seriously though, I always enjoy reading what you have to say... even when you aren't saying anything... which I probably enjoy the most. In fact, there are very few on here that I don't enjoy...
Sorry get used to me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJunkie View Post
Can anyone shed some light on the differences in the two recommended Hacker motors for the 38" EPP Slick? And is there a suitable Motrofly motor?

Also, are HS65mg's really needed for this plane?

And any tips on getting the servos aligned before gluing them to the wing?

Thanks!
some one answerd me when i aks on page like 2 i think somewhere around there. Because i wa looking at getting an flat foamie.

Wing Rock: I was doing harries in a big cirle should i am guess dont turn with aileron and just use rutter? Because i was using both.

I go into hove and when it starts tourqe rolling i always fall out of it.
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface
Old Feb 04, 2012, 03:08 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Joined Mar 2010
4,536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tominator06 View Post
Just takes practice. The rudder is your friend in harrier flight. Trying to correct with aileron can sometimes make it worse. I use alot of rudder when flying in harrier. The plan is not level therefore when you add rudder it also sort of acts like aileron in the fact it will also induce some roll. That is also why I use both aileron and rudder for harrier turns. It's usually I bump the aileron then when she starts to bank I use a little opposite aileron and rudder along with a little burst of throttle for nice quick harrier turns. The opposite aileron counteracts the roll which was induces by the hard rudder input.
What up tom? You get your cord? Why arent you out flying yet?
Old Feb 04, 2012, 03:09 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Groveport, OH...USA
Joined Nov 2010
10,194 Posts
Quote:
Sorry get used to me!

some one answerd me when i aks on page like 2 i think somewhere around there. Because i wa looking at getting an flat foamie.

Wing Rock: I was doing harries in a big cirle should i am guess dont turn with aileron and just use rutter? Because i was using both.

maintain all four stick inputs in almost every maneuver
aronph is offline Find More Posts by aronph
Old Feb 04, 2012, 03:10 PM
Team Hillbilly
United States, MD, Dundalk
Joined Feb 2009
3,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plank420 View Post
What up tom? You get your cord? Why arent you out flying yet?
Actually I'm headed to the lhs now to get that cord for my sim. Just when my 71 batteries were finished some rain showers moved in. Oh well. Tomorrow looks to be decent so I guess I'll leave them charged.
tominator06 is offline Find More Posts by tominator06
On loan to Texas
United States, TX, Benbrook
Joined Oct 2005
5,344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamsy55 View Post
For anyone who may have missed it:

This time with slow mo.
Way to go wamsy, much appreciated
Ohio AV8TOR is offline Find More Posts by Ohio AV8TOR
United States, GA, Acworth
Joined Mar 2011
4,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJunkie View Post
No arguments aronph, I'm just asking for alternative suggestions to 65mg's if there are any. Are HB's not enough? Is there a Futaba that is comparable to the 45's in specs that would be about the same price as 65mg's? See a lot of talk about Savoxx servos, how's that working out for everyone? Etc.

I've never shopped at HK, so maybe someone can fill me in on how that works out for them? Personally, I'd rather pay for quality and customer service in the front than take it in the rear...
Like I was telling doggie earlier this morning, I run corona 939 digitals in my foamy slick just because they were a good cheap option. Do they work as well as the hitecs? No. but in a flat foamy I can't tell a difference. The only thing is with as hard as people typically will fly/crash a foamy its good to have something metal geared in there
shadow102 is offline Find More Posts by shadow102
Old Feb 04, 2012, 03:11 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
ok so when in harrier and turning to the left, i get leaned to the left alittle the left rudder along with right aileron.? i will try it out!
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,896 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974 View Post
...I submit the name "3DHS Fanatics" for this thread, since the OP mentioned he was looking for a new name/title.
Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith285 View Post
Yep like 3DHS Fanatics
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerosheldon View Post
FANatics....
+2 Shows up better in my Bookmarks Quiklist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi26mx View Post
+1...
+3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamsy55 View Post
I dig Fanatics ...
+4

Quote:
Originally Posted by aronph View Post
Junkies
NO!

A prop is like a FAN and Atic is like an attic, so the T-Shirt Logo could be an Attic Fan on the front of a Slick!

Or not ...... But I really really really like the 3DHS FANatics name.
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
TEAM HILLBILLY
Joined Mar 2010
4,536 Posts
Quote:
Actually I'm headed to the lhs now to get that cord for my sim. Just when my 71 batteries were finished some rain showers moved in. Oh well. Tomorrow looks to be decent so I guess I'll leave them charged.
I'll go fly for ya The hobby shop is fun too
Old Feb 04, 2012, 03:12 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Joined Mar 2010
4,536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heritageflyer View Post
Awesome!

+1

+2 Shows up better in my Bookmarks Quiklist!

+3

+4

NO!

A prop is like a FAN and Atic is like an attic, so the T-Shirt Logo could be an Attic Fan on the front of a Slick!

Or not ...... But I really really really like the 3DHS FANatics name.
+5 I agree
Old Feb 04, 2012, 03:13 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Joined Mar 2010
4,536 Posts
Well the beep of my charger tells me i"m otta here
Old Feb 04, 2012, 03:13 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,896 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aronph View Post
maintain all four stick inputs in almost every maneuver
Uh.....This is a 3D forum, the 4D forum is off to your right....
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old Feb 04, 2012, 03:14 PM
United States, GA, Acworth
Joined Mar 2011
4,360 Posts
Quote:
Sorry get used to me!

You need both rudder and aileron to turn in a harrier. If you don't use opposite aileron the plane tips over. Have you setup your ke mixing yet? I found harriers and even my hovering got a lot more solid as I setup my mixes
shadow102 is offline Find More Posts by shadow102