Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Aug 03, 2012, 09:19 AM
Suspended Account
United States, VA, Ashburn
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
Aww man. For $200 I thought it would be a computer radio
RCAddict16 is offline Find More Posts by RCAddict16
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 03, 2012, 09:26 AM
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAddict16 View Post
Aww man. For $200 I thought it would be a computer radio
I've used both sims pretty extensively and trust me when I say to just get RF6. Phoenix is good but it's not great. The plus for Phoenix is that it has a much better interface for modifying the planes. Also - They have traditionally been better with helis (if you're into that) but the new RF6 heli sim action seems pretty darn good to me. I never used an earlier version of RF so I can't compare helis in this version to previous versions.

The BIG plus for RF6 is the physics engine for planes and the ground interaction. I found that practicing rollers in Phoenix did not translate to real flying at all. Practicing rollers in RF6 seems to be pretty much dead nuts on! Also - if you just barely scrape the ground in Phoenix the plane will self destruct. In RF6 you can actually drag your wingtip on rollers and do some rudder drags in harrier without worrying about that stuff.

There are also some wonderful planes that people have created for RF6 that fly very similarly to 3DHS planes. As mentioned Tominator has some fantastic variants out there to use. In fact - if you get RF6, don't even bother flyign one of the stock planes at first. Just get some of Tominator's variants and start there.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2012, 09:27 AM
Suspended Account
United States, VA, Ashburn
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
Alright ill se what I can do. Ill probably ask for it around christmas
RCAddict16 is offline Find More Posts by RCAddict16
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 03, 2012, 09:30 AM
3DHobbyShop Addict
Alex Schauer's Avatar
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
I've used both sims pretty extensively and trust me when I say to just get RF6. Phoenix is good but it's not great. The plus for Phoenix is that it has a much better interface for modifying the planes. Also - They have traditionally been better with helis (if you're into that) but the new RF6 heli sim action seems pretty darn good to me. I never used an earlier version of RF so I can't compare helis in this version to previous versions.

The BIG plus for RF6 is the physics engine for planes and the ground interaction. I found that practicing rollers in Phoenix did not translate to real flying at all. Practicing rollers in RF6 seems to be pretty much dead nuts on! Also - if you just barely scrape the ground in Phoenix the plane will self destruct. In RF6 you can actually drag your wingtip on rollers and do some rudder drags in harrier without worrying about that stuff.

There are also some wonderful planes that people have created for RF6 that fly very similarly to 3DHS planes. As mentioned Tominator has some fantastic variants out there to use. In fact - if you get RF6, don't even bother flyign one of the stock planes at first. Just get some of Tominator's variants and start there.
Well said!
I borrowed my uncles RF3.5, and the helis in RF6 is pretty much dead on.
I did notice a difference between RF5.5 and RF6 though. KE spins. With all planes, I have to give less input on rudder.
Alex Schauer is offline Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2012, 09:32 AM
Suspended Account
United States, VA, Ashburn
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
Maybe because the newer version has adapted to the more powerful rudder response of the 3d planes of today?
RCAddict16 is offline Find More Posts by RCAddict16
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 03, 2012, 09:51 AM
Time To Fly The Best!
heritageflyer's Avatar
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,776 Posts
A complaint about RF 5.5 was lack of Rudder in 3D, so I guess they added some.
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2012, 09:54 AM
Team 3DHS / Team JR
Bivens's Avatar
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Apr 2010
4,344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer View Post
Maybe that should have been set up via PM
I certianly wouldn't mind an autographed 42...or 119
119's from Joe don't come with Autographs...
Bivens is offline Find More Posts by Bivens
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 03, 2012, 10:02 AM
3D, 1D at a time!
Park_aviator's Avatar
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bivens View Post
119's from Joe don't come with Autographs...
How about 126"s?
Park_aviator is offline Find More Posts by Park_aviator
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2012, 10:09 AM
Suspended Account
United States, VA, Ashburn
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
Hehe- UPS man left a present on my doorstep
RCAddict16 is offline Find More Posts by RCAddict16
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 03, 2012, 10:15 AM
On loan to Texas
Ohio AV8TOR's Avatar
United States, TX, Benbrook
Joined Oct 2005
5,042 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAddict16 View Post
Pretty much. I really need to get myself phoenix or reaflight. Which one do recommend? I want phoenix since upgrades are free........... plus the 104" slick is on phoenix
I love RealFlight and I am still using V5.5
Ohio AV8TOR is offline Find More Posts by Ohio AV8TOR
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2012, 10:17 AM
3D, 1D at a time!
Park_aviator's Avatar
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio AV8TOR View Post
I love RealFlight and I am still using V5.5
I went from 4.5 to 6

On another note.... My phone works again I LOVE RICE!!!
Park_aviator is offline Find More Posts by Park_aviator
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2012, 10:24 AM
Suspended Account
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park_aviator View Post
I went from 4.5 to 6

On another note.... My phone works again I LOVE RICE!!!
me too... especially when served wrapped around a piece of raw fish, or on the plate next to some spicy lamb vindaloo!
-= GYRO =- is offline Find More Posts by -= GYRO =-
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 03, 2012, 10:25 AM
Suspended Account
United States, VA, Ashburn
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
Mmmmmmmmmmm. Sushi............. lamb-a-what?!
RCAddict16 is offline Find More Posts by RCAddict16
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 03, 2012, 10:27 AM
3DHobbyShop Addict
Alex Schauer's Avatar
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAddict16 View Post
Hehe- UPS man left a present on my doorstep

What size/brand/voltage are they??!?!?!
Alex Schauer is offline Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2012, 10:28 AM
Suspended Account
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer View Post

What size/brand/voltage are they??!?!?!
my money says they're 2s/800 or 2s/1000 packs...
-= GYRO =- is offline Find More Posts by -= GYRO =-
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion You are addicted to flying when.... postalflyer72 Electric Plane Talk 34 Jul 16, 2011 11:12 PM
Video Angelo Lomelí flying 3D antics Jorge Fernandez Electric Plane Talk 0 Sep 30, 2006 02:22 PM
Tiger Moth antics - flying inverted w/video SnoJetter Parkflyers 49 Sep 16, 2003 07:25 PM
Help! Getting addicted to Park Flying fly4fun Parkflyers 11 Feb 16, 2002 10:58 AM
You know when your addicted to Slow Flying when..... Gman Parkflyers 51 Aug 05, 2001 03:19 AM