HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 04, 2012, 01:40 PM
Landings are not optional
Van Nuys, CA
Joined Sep 2003
1,805 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoned doggie View Post
Also when in harrier my plane gets alittle wing rock sometimes, i came inside and i can move my ailerons just alittle bit without moving the servo. I flipped it upside and looked at it the servo arm moves back and fourth alittle bit on each servo, I am thinking its the teeth inside the servo that thats moving just alittle.

Any way to fix this?

Anything to do to stop this?

Gear slop isn't going to create wing rock, flying forces keep the surface engaged one direction in harrier. Wing rock is almost always pilot induced, in these types of well designed 3d planes. Try and pay attention to your rudder work, and correcting proactively with opposite aileron when you make rudder corrections. Once wing rock starts, it can be very hard to get back into smooth flight, it's often better when practicing to return to forward flight and start fresh (for me at least).
DeuceTrinal is offline Find More Posts by DeuceTrinal
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2012, 01:44 PM
United States, OK, Norman
Joined Mar 2010
1,499 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974 View Post
cool randy, we have almost identical planes in our 3dhs fleet...except my edge is a foamy...and I have a 58" Edge coming next week...now if I lived in the southern part of the country, I would be flying it next week as well!
I've actually got all of the parts needed to build my 34" EPP Edge now... It's just not "flyable" so I didn't count or list it... The plan was to begin on the assembly today but if my headache doesn't subside, that won't happen since I don't want to overlook something or rush it together. ... PS... headache was in no way related to any "koolaid" I drank yesterday...

I've also got a 33" EPP Edge clone that my Dad had built for me... I still need to get an ESC/BEC for it and some more carbon fiber for push rods... He didn't know I already had gotten the 34" on the last garage sale and we'd talked about them so much... he thought he'd suprise me with it. Now I've got a bit of a conundrum... I had planned to suprise him with the Edge when I completed it so we could fly together at his house so I'm thinking of whether it's best to finish outfitting the one he gave me or finishing the Edge first ( which I've got all of the parts for )... I'm leaning towards the Edge since I'm tight on money to finish outfitting the Extra right now... hopefully he won't take it the wrong way.

Randy
rdsok is offline Find More Posts by rdsok
Old Feb 04, 2012, 01:46 PM
Fly Low, Fly 3d, Repair Often
United States, OK, Weatherford
Joined Jun 2011
2,733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoned doggie View Post
anybody?

Wow its snowing out. o well.
just don't try and correct the rocking with aileron you will make it worse. You will find it takes some constant rudder to keep things level. Just stick with it and you'll figure it out. I'd say 99.9% of the time that i get wing rock it's my fault.
davebloomer is offline Find More Posts by davebloomer
Old Feb 04, 2012, 01:50 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Groveport, OH...USA
Joined Nov 2010
10,046 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebloomer View Post
just don't try and correct the rocking with aileron you will make it worse. You will find it takes some constant rudder to keep things level. Just stick with it and you'll figure it out. I'd say 99.9% of the time that i get wing rock it's my fault.
after some practice it seems my thumbs go into "gyro mode"....alittle left tip and it gets a bump of right....just a bump...if its starts getting bad input more bump....but if the bump gets too big,you better see a dermatologist :-)
aronph is offline Find More Posts by aronph
Old Feb 04, 2012, 01:52 PM
United States, GA, Acworth
Joined Mar 2011
4,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
They fly completely different. The 51 slick is much more responsive and faster to react. Has more aileron authority and off power elevator authority. Tumbles better too. The 59 is smoother, tracks better, flys bigger but is less responsive and doesn't tumble as well. I feel more comfertable with the 51.
Yes they are VERY close in size
yeah i remember you telling me that about the 59 slick. I am looking at a 60" extreme flight plane right now and going between that and the 51 slick since i folded my 42 slick
shadow102 is online now Find More Posts by shadow102
Old Feb 04, 2012, 01:52 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Mar 2010
4,391 Posts
Gyro mode
3Dplank is offline Find More Posts by 3Dplank
Old Feb 04, 2012, 01:53 PM
United States, OK, Norman
Joined Mar 2010
1,499 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by refugeefromcalif View Post
I guess I worded it wrong, I figured I'd be Ostracized for my rant.

Do you Want me to leave?
I vote stick around.... We've got to have someone pulling for another purple plane...

Seriously though, I always enjoy reading what you have to say... even when you aren't saying anything... which I probably enjoy the most. In fact, there are very few on here that I don't enjoy...
rdsok is offline Find More Posts by rdsok
Old Feb 04, 2012, 01:55 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Groveport, OH...USA
Joined Nov 2010
10,046 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plank420 View Post
Gyro mode
your avatar says it all....
Old Feb 04, 2012, 01:55 PM
Whoooo!
Summerville, SC
Joined Jan 2009
1,717 Posts
Can anyone shed some light on the differences in the two recommended Hacker motors for the 38" EPP Slick? And is there a suitable Motrofly motor?

Also, are HS65mg's really needed for this plane?

And any tips on getting the servos aligned before gluing them to the wing?

Thanks!
StormJunkie is offline Find More Posts by StormJunkie
Old Feb 04, 2012, 01:57 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Groveport, OH...USA
Joined Nov 2010
10,046 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJunkie View Post
Can anyone shed some light on the differences in the two recommended Hacker motors for the 38" EPP Slick? And is there a suitable Motrofly motor?

Also, are HS65mg's really needed for this plane?

And any tips on getting the servos aligned before gluing them to the wing?

Thanks!
not trying to start an arguement but i wouldnt put 45's on anything...they are junky little servos IMO...you mite as well buy some HK servos....then buy an HK slick while your at it...oh no he didnt....
Old Feb 04, 2012, 01:58 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Mar 2010
4,391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aronph View Post
not trying to start an arguement but i wouldnt put 45's on anything...they are junky little servos IMO...you mite as well buy some HK servos....then buy an HK slick while your at it...oh no he didnt....
Do i know you from the addicts thread???
3Dplank is offline Find More Posts by 3Dplank
Old Feb 04, 2012, 02:02 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Groveport, OH...USA
Joined Nov 2010
10,046 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plank420 View Post
Do i know you from the addicts thread???
nope...im a completely different aronph with a chester cheetah avatar...i dont babble NEARLY as much as that dude....and did you see the pic of his 89?....WOOF!....
Old Feb 04, 2012, 02:02 PM
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Nov 2009
222 Posts
Subscribed...
str8wing is offline Find More Posts by str8wing
Old Feb 04, 2012, 02:04 PM
Whoooo!
Summerville, SC
Joined Jan 2009
1,717 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aronph View Post
No arguments aronph, I'm just asking for alternative suggestions to 65mg's if there are any. Are HB's not enough? Is there a Futaba that is comparable to the 45's in specs that would be about the same price as 65mg's? See a lot of talk about Savoxx servos, how's that working out for everyone? Etc.

I've never shopped at HK, so maybe someone can fill me in on how that works out for them? Personally, I'd rather pay for quality and customer service in the front than take it in the rear...
StormJunkie is offline Find More Posts by StormJunkie
Old Feb 04, 2012, 02:06 PM
Sippin' on Kool Aid
Long Island NY, USA
Joined Dec 2005
2,775 Posts
I run 45's in my 40" edge without issue and I beat the crap out of it. They're strong and reliable.
heligrom is offline Find More Posts by heligrom