HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 20, 2012, 09:41 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,466 Posts
I type from my phone or 7inch tablet. 2 more weeks and I should be in a new house. trying to find an internet provider for the area (no one says they have it there ) looks like I might have to go with the satellite internet
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 20, 2012, 10:02 PM
United States, NC, Currituck
Joined Jun 2011
167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
I type from my phone or 7inch tablet. 2 more weeks and I should be in a new house. trying to find an internet provider for the area (no one says they have it there ) looks like I might have to go with the satellite internet
where you moving too?
obxflier is offline Find More Posts by obxflier
Old Jul 20, 2012, 10:05 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,466 Posts
Newhope (right outside Elizabeth City) just a few miles from the river city flying field). Oh I became a member last weekend too. They were very receptive to my flying . Very nice group of guys

(it was the wife's idea to move out there )
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Jul 20, 2012, 10:13 PM
Joined Jun 2011
167 Posts
that's great. everybody i met was nice. kinda laid back bunch. maybe i'll start going back some.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 10:15 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Hey guys just to let you know getting the shaft out of an omega motor is easyer if you loosen the screws holding the shaft first.
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface
Old Jul 20, 2012, 10:15 PM
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,673 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skarface View Post
Hey guys just to let you know getting the shaft out of an omega motor is easyer if you loosen the screws holding the shaft first.
Ummmm duh??
Alex Schauer is offline Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Last edited by Alex Schauer; Jul 20, 2012 at 10:27 PM.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 10:22 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Quote:
So I just went out for a flight on the shp and i know I should have kept it not so crazy for the first test flight but it has been well over 2 weeks and I could not hold it in. so I was going crazy!!! You guys know what happen to joe's 104" at xfc while in that KE spin? Well my 47" just about did that into a small tree (I think of Aron when I say tree ) I went into KE spin and went to get out of it and it just kept going pulled it into a hover just in time, it was about 10ft from the ground and the tree branches were moving after I basically ran into it and got luck and flew away.

Then, I was doing a blender came out of it went for 3 flat spins and the motor just had no power (dead battery) I was already stalled with 25 ft and couldn't do much it ended up going into the nose at about a 30 degree angel way out in the feild, it was loud to but not even a crack on the cowl did not take off the cowl yet.

I brought her in, I could not touch the motor, I spun the motor and something is in there and it does not spin so freely anymore. Oh and that battery pack went from 12.6v to 9.9v with in 4:30 seconds....I need a gas plane.
O I love gassers for sure. My DLE 30 has been trouble free. And I never worry about it over heating. And 20 plus minutes flights.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Jul 20, 2012, 10:27 PM
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,673 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
O I love gassers for sure. My DLE 30 has been trouble free. And I never worry about it over heating. And 20 plus minutes flights.
On what plane?
Alex Schauer is offline Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Old Jul 20, 2012, 10:34 PM
Joined Jun 2011
167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
Newhope (right outside Elizabeth City) just a few miles from the river city flying field). Oh I became a member last weekend too. They were very receptive to my flying . Very nice group of guys

(it was the wife's idea to move out there )
every time i went i was the youngest person there whadda that mean?NITRO circle fliers they're nice though.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 10:48 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Ok I planned on having fun hucking tomarrow but I guess not. I am putting the 103g on that way I can atleast fly, the was a small washer in my 130g and I got that out but it is still rubbing alittle bit, is there anything I can do to my 130g like send it somewhere and they fix it? Or am I stuck with this dud motor and have to spend 50$ on a new one? If I am stuck with this I think I am gonna buy motro fly because you can send a motor to him and he can fix it right?
Last edited by skarface; Jul 20, 2012 at 10:55 PM.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 11:10 PM
Honeybadger don't care...
Orlando, FL
Joined May 2010
1,833 Posts
Scar- what is the prob with the motor- it rubs between the can and core?
Luv3d is offline Find More Posts by Luv3d
Old Jul 20, 2012, 11:14 PM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,929 Posts
Can you take pictures so we can look at them tomarrow?

Quote:
Ok I planned on having fun hucking tomarrow but I guess not. I am putting the 103g on that way I can atleast fly, the was a small washer in my 130g and I got that out but it is still rubbing alittle bit, is there anything I can do to my 130g like send it somewhere and they fix it? Or am I stuck with this dud motor and have to spend 50$ on a new one? If I am stuck with this I think I am gonna buy motro fly because you can send a motor to him and he can fix it right?
going4speed is offline Find More Posts by going4speed
Old Jul 20, 2012, 11:23 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv3d View Post
Scar- what is the prob with the motor- it rubs between the can and core?
The magnets are rubbing still, I can feel and hear it, I spin my 103g and I hear nothing but smooth but then I get like a grinding teeth and gravel sound when I spin the 130g which is the magnets. When I opened the motor it was obvious there is some rubing going on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by going4speed View Post
Can you take pictures so we can look at them tomarrow?
I was gonna take pics but there is nothing to see.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 11:32 PM
Fort Wayne
Joined Feb 2009
4,729 Posts
Video we did for the 3DHS Flylow in East

3DHS FlyLow in East 2012 (11 min 50 sec)
jsmith285 is online now Find More Posts by jsmith285
Old Jul 20, 2012, 11:40 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,303 Posts
Quote:
is there anything I can do to my 130g like send it somewhere and they fix it?
Ken at subsonicplanes.com will fix it for you. Email him and ask him how much it is.
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er