Old Jul 10, 2012, 12:35 PM
United States, TX, Palacios
Joined Feb 2009
1,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
I only have the 9800gt
As did I...

But I couldn't see "downgrading" to a new GT 520...
SportFlyer2 is offline Find More Posts by SportFlyer2
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 10, 2012, 12:37 PM
Don't Midair Me, Bro!
USA, IN, Auburn
Joined Jun 2010
611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
So you like the EPP full fuse Yak? I've got a spare Omega 130 and four 65MG servos sitting around and I've considered putting it in one of those.
I liked my EPP Extra a lot until I knife-edge spun it into the ground. I'm getting a Yak this week because the Extra is out of stock. I believe Joe said he likes the Yak better.
split_s is online now Find More Posts by split_s
Old Jul 10, 2012, 01:35 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by split_s View Post
I liked my EPP Extra a lot until I knife-edge spun it into the ground. I'm getting a Yak this week because the Extra is out of stock. I believe Joe said he likes the Yak better.
I might also wait for the Edge to come out and put all my 42" Slick gear in it.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Jul 10, 2012, 04:12 PM
Epoxy & CA Investor
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,580 Posts
anyone know if a late model VW jetta sportwagon will fit a 50cc bird in a 89-91" wingspan? Will the front passenger seat have to fold flat? Does the front seat even do that?
DenverJayhawk is online now Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk
Old Jul 10, 2012, 04:21 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,164 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk View Post
anyone know if a late model VW jetta sportwagon will fit a 50cc bird in a 89-91" wingspan? Will the front passenger seat have to fold flat? Does the front seat even do that?
if you get a plane with removable stabs, large planes like this can sit with the fuselage on the center console and is actually pretty darn convenient to carry around... if my mazda3 can do it, going by pics from google image search, Jetta Sportwagon will be pretty sweet also
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Jul 10, 2012, 04:35 PM
Epoxy & CA Investor
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,580 Posts
thanks. So most of the 3dhs birds should be able to fit on the center console then? I think the 89 slick has removable stabs. I'm assuming the other 50cc birds do too?
DenverJayhawk is online now Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk
Old Jul 10, 2012, 04:42 PM
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Brooklyn, NY
Joined Apr 2009
7,647 Posts
all the 50ccs have removable stabs. if it comes down to it, you can also make the rudder removable. and then you can take off the gear. and the spinner.
Irg is online now Find More Posts by Irg
Old Jul 10, 2012, 04:49 PM
doh!
United States, AR, Little Rock
Joined May 2006
4,163 Posts
Quote:
I would certainly imagine it would. I can fit an 89 into a 2009 Subaru WRX 5 door wagon and those are smaller than the jetta sportwagon I think. And it fits with the stabs still on. I do have to position the front seats just right (left seat sorta verticle, and right seat slid all the way forwards with seat back all the way backwards. But once those are done I can work the stab/rudder around the seats and stick it in tail first. I have to shift under the stabs, and the elevator is partially into my seat, but I can fairly comfortably drive with it sitting in there. I'll try and remember to take a pic or two next time I load it up...
ryan_m is online now Find More Posts by ryan_m
Old Jul 10, 2012, 04:52 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,164 Posts
Quote:
thanks. So most of the 3dhs birds should be able to fit on the center console then? I think the 89 slick has removable stabs. I'm assuming the other 50cc birds do too?
you'll be fine all the way up to the 100cc class

...a few weeks back I managed to clown-car my mazda3 with the 120LX and a 72" Extra...
Old Jul 10, 2012, 05:06 PM
Wingman II
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Sep 2011
1,211 Posts
Anyone have the SFGs for the old white scheme 87 Extra? I'm looking for them.
diggity2424 is offline Find More Posts by diggity2424
Old Jul 10, 2012, 05:10 PM
United States, NC, Greensboro
Joined Dec 2006
406 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
if you get a plane with removable stabs, large planes like this can sit with the fuselage on the center console and is actually pretty darn convenient to carry around... if my mazda3 can do it, going by pics from google image search, Jetta Sportwagon will be pretty sweet also

I know i can fit two 71" slicks (non removeable anything) in the back of my 2012 VW sportwagen with just the rear seats folded flat. I wish i had an 89 to try
racerman27410 is offline Find More Posts by racerman27410
Old Jul 10, 2012, 05:27 PM
Team 3DHS
Western CT
Joined Aug 2009
2,851 Posts
Hey guys, trying to maximize my time before the NJ fly low in. Does anyone know if the x mount from the reaper gr-60xl is the same size / hole pattern as the hacker a60-6xs?

I don't want to start ripping the front apart to realize I am not going to have time to get it all back together.
CrashesALot is offline Find More Posts by CrashesALot
Old Jul 10, 2012, 06:08 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,164 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerman27410 View Post
I know i can fit two 71" slicks (non removeable anything) in the back of my 2012 VW sportwagen with just the rear seats folded flat. I wish i had an 89 to try
come up to the Fly-Low-In this weekend in NJ... there's one in the raffle
Old Jul 10, 2012, 06:27 PM
Fly More Crash Less
United States, AZ, Prescott
Joined Sep 2007
1,316 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
I might also wait for the Edge to come out and put all my 42" Slick gear in it.
+1 I am itching for one of the EPP Edge's too! I plan on turning it into a night flyer from the get go. What is the ETA? Are they on the next shipment that is coming in?
AZAerobat is online now Find More Posts by AZAerobat
Old Jul 10, 2012, 06:31 PM
Team 3DHS
Nashville , Tennessee
Joined Jan 2009
5,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD One. View Post
I have a confession to make. I strayed from 3DHS and it bit me in the ass.

You see, a few nights ago I gutted my 33" EPP Edge so I could give it to Wamsy and ordered myself a (new Pitts foamy) to replace it. It arrived yesterday. I built it last night and the included wood parts literally crumbled in my hands as I was building it.

Thankfully, I found an unopened set of 3DHS wood parts for foamies out in the garage this morning. The (new Pitts foamy) will fly, but not without some help from 3DHS hardware.
That picture made my day.
wamsy55 is online now Find More Posts by wamsy55