SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 12, 2012, 10:40 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by going4speed View Post
Yea I get a little picky. I write specs in my day to day.

Does a hacker speed control require end point setting the same as a CC?
Then try reading Chinese translated model instructions....or the ones for the Japanese Hirobo line of helicopters... I built one of their Jet Rangers one time....there were four pages of do this, do this, do this....then on the fifth page it said....but before you do those things...do this....and if you had done all those thing....no way could you do what was supposed to be done on the fifth page....good thing I always read "all" the instructions first...

I have never done that...but I'll call Aeromodel and ask them...

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by SteveT.; Feb 12, 2012 at 11:00 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2012, 10:51 PM
Glens Falls, NY
Joined Apr 2010
1,296 Posts
edit, moved to other thread
TG43 is offline Find More Posts by TG43
Old Feb 13, 2012, 12:47 AM
Team JetiUSA
Santa Clara, CA
Joined Nov 2008
1,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveTtoooo View Post
Then try reading Chinese translated model instructions....or the ones for the Japanese Hirobo line of helicopters... I built one of their Jet Rangers one time....there were four pages of do this, do this, do this....then on the fifth page it said....but before you do those things...do this....and if you had done all those thing....no way could you do what was supposed to be done on the fifth page....good thing I always read "all" the instructions first...

I have never done that...but I'll call Aeromodel and ask them...

SteveT
They all work very similarly, they look for the first "high" value > 1.5ms that stays high for a couple of seconds (or for a >1.5ms signal at startup) and use that as their full throttle value -or- they have a fixed endpoint mode, though Castle has one of the more convoluted ways of doing it -- the JetiBox used to program the Hacker/Jeti speed controls has an RX in port to directly read the timing for your high and low throttle signals and write those to the speed control.

Peter+
pvogel is offline Find More Posts by pvogel
Old Feb 13, 2012, 02:39 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
im on phoenix V4 like always, feel free to join me!

huckin
addict

wow! just had a great start on pheniox my longest lasting crapy roller ever! lol
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface
Old Feb 13, 2012, 02:57 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoned doggie View Post

huckin
addict

wow! just had a great start on pheniox my longest lasting crapy roller ever! lol
LOL! You were starting to get it last night. You get about 3-4 rolls in and then you start making a bee-line for the ground. Just try to remember - start your elevator once the wings pass perpendicular (you may have to google that one Scarface) and try to have max elevator once your canopy is either straight up or straight down. It will start coming together though - it's all timing.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Feb 13, 2012, 02:58 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Question on mixing... should you set your mix so that it has the desired effect when you're just above half throttle (say 60%)? Or do you do it at full throttle? I'm guessing 60% or so like you would when testing your CG...
Old Feb 13, 2012, 03:03 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Question on mixing... should you set your mix so that it has the desired effect when you're just above half throttle (say 60%)? Or do you do it at full throttle? I'm guessing 60% or so like you would when testing your CG...
KE mixing?... not all that important... if I had to pick a stick location I'm probably mixing mine out at 75-80% throttle or so.
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Feb 13, 2012, 03:06 PM
Fly Low, Fly 3d, Repair Often
United States, OK, Weatherford
Joined Jun 2011
2,733 Posts
Quote:

huckin
addict

oops i updated to the newest 4.0C when it prompted me to and now i can't fly with you guys.
davebloomer is offline Find More Posts by davebloomer
Old Feb 13, 2012, 03:06 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
KE mixing?... not all that important... if I had to pick a stick location I'm probably mixing mine out at 75-80% throttle or so.
Thanks. Yes - I was talking about KE mixing. I maidened my replacement Edge this morning (it was a thing of beauty!!) and it had just a hair of coupling in KE that I want to mix out - just wanted to make sure I was doing it properly.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 03:34 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebloomer View Post
oops i updated to the newest 4.0C when it prompted me to and now i can't fly with you guys.
ok well i jsut got down some sick ass ke spins so i will have to download your version.

wait how the hell did you get 4.0C???
Old Feb 13, 2012, 03:37 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Groveport, OH...USA
Joined Nov 2010
10,151 Posts
ill need to also
aronph is online now Find More Posts by aronph
Old Feb 13, 2012, 03:42 PM
Fly Low, Fly 3d, Repair Often
United States, OK, Weatherford
Joined Jun 2011
2,733 Posts
Quote:
ok well i jsut got down some sick ass ke spins so i will have to download your version.

wait how the hell did you get 4.0C???
i dunno it prompted me to DL it when I opened phoenix today. I hope this doesn't keep happening
davebloomer is offline Find More Posts by davebloomer
Old Feb 13, 2012, 03:49 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
i dunno it prompted me to DL it when I opened phoenix today. I hope this doesn't keep happening
what is prometed to DL? and you already tried to fly and it wouldent let you join?
Old Feb 13, 2012, 03:50 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
ooooo, ok guys just quit your phoenix open it back yup then hit continue then hit yes, thats all, i am downloading it now.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 03:51 PM
TEAM CANUCKER HUCKER
Canada, AB, Medicine Hat
Joined Sep 2003
1,636 Posts
Quote:
I can see this happening for a while. Remember it's a beta version so there will probably be tweaks (rev. a,b,c,d,e) until they're satisfied with the outcome.
Don't quote me here, I'm just guessing.
ssflylow is offline Find More Posts by ssflylow