SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 12, 2012, 05:20 PM
Fly Low, Fly 3d, Repair Often
United States, OK, Weatherford
Joined Jun 2011
2,735 Posts
Ok, thanks. Hey I got your pm. Glad the batteries made it safe and sound.

Well I flew about 12 batteries today through my 1.5 buck Huck and then my charger quit me. It has 4 buttons and 2 of them quit working. Of course the two that still work are never ever used.

It was this charger that ive been using. Its been very good to me. Id say ive charged well over 1000 3s 2200s with it.
http://www.hobbypartz.com/26p-balancecharger-6200.html
davebloomer is offline Find More Posts by davebloomer
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2012, 05:54 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Pass Christian, MS
Joined Jan 2010
2,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebloomer View Post
Ok, thanks. Hey I got your pm. Glad the batteries made it safe and sound.

Well I flew about 12 batteries today through my 1.5 buck Huck and then my charger quit me. It has 4 buttons and 2 of them quit working. Of course the two that still work are never ever used.

It was this charger that ive been using. Its been very good to me. Id say ive charged well over 1000 3s 2200s with it.
http://www.hobbypartz.com/26p-balancecharger-6200.html
Sorry to hear about your charger. My first one was the B6AC+ from them, still works fine, just gets hot trying to charge 5S 3000's. I took Aronph's advise and went with a much better charger. Got the 3010B from EPBuddy, couldn't be happier.

BTW were those batteries at storage voltage? It will be a month before I get to them, shouldn't really matter I used to leave my batteries at full charge for months on end. Never really noticed any difference.
Eagle34 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle34
Old Feb 12, 2012, 06:21 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
ok anybody want to fly pheniox i have V3 and V4 So just tell me which one and i will join.
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface
Old Feb 12, 2012, 07:00 PM
customstandoffs
USA, AL, Madison
Joined Dec 2007
8,547 Posts
motrofly 3620-750 is ok with 4S and 15x8 prop......right?
cmala is offline Find More Posts by cmala
Old Feb 12, 2012, 07:06 PM
CHOO CHOO
Northern Indiana
Joined Jan 2009
4,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmala View Post
motrofly 3620-750 is ok with 4S and 15x8 prop......right?
Ken lists a 15x8 as acceptable on the website.
6L6Amp is offline Find More Posts by 6L6Amp
Old Feb 12, 2012, 07:29 PM
Landings are not optional
Van Nuys, CA
Joined Sep 2003
1,805 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoned doggie View Post
what! wouldent the battery be on fire by then??? like you shouldent go under 3.7 but they let it go down to 3.0!?
3.0V under load is going to be somewhere around 3.6V-3.7V resting, depending on the quality of your cells. I found with good 50C packs that discharge fairly flat, 3.0V under load is too low. I don't use a cutoff voltage myself, I fly to a timer. I'd rather lose a battery pack to over discharge than a whole plane because of LVC when I'm not expecting it (which has happened to me). Most manufacturers recommend never discharging under 3.0V/cell at any time, which includes under load.
DeuceTrinal is offline Find More Posts by DeuceTrinal
Old Feb 12, 2012, 07:32 PM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,929 Posts
I run a timer based on testing what the airframe pulls from the packs. This takes a few flights with different flying styles. Then the time with a buffer can be used. I also disable all LVC's on all planes.
going4speed is offline Find More Posts by going4speed
Old Feb 12, 2012, 07:47 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,468 Posts
Yep no lvcs for me anymore either
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Feb 12, 2012, 07:51 PM
customstandoffs
USA, AL, Madison
Joined Dec 2007
8,547 Posts
Yeah, just setup my ICE Lite 75. First thing I do is set fixed endpoints, set BEC voltage to 6.3 and set LVC cutoff to soft and the lowest possible voltage available.
cmala is offline Find More Posts by cmala
Old Feb 12, 2012, 07:53 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
do hacker esc's come with lvc?

Sorry for the phoenix session misnamed, i think i just had it as 3dhs again but thats because it was saved that way i am pretty sure i fixed that now to huckin/ addict
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface
Old Feb 12, 2012, 08:01 PM
Stick banger
USA, AZ, Chandler
Joined Oct 2004
1,031 Posts
I finally got someone to take some pics of my SHP in flight, it's only taken 2 years. And oddly enough, after he snapped the pics the bearings in my motor decided to take a crap. So I guess the lesson is, I shouldn't get anyone to take pics of my stuff. The Motrolfly motor only had about 20 flights on it, so I assume the bearings are covered.
Ace4 is offline Find More Posts by Ace4
Old Feb 12, 2012, 08:08 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,896 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace4 View Post
I finally got someone to take some pics of my SHP in flight, it's only taken 2 years. And oddly enough, after he snapped the pics the bearings in my motor decided to take a crap. So I guess the lesson is, I shouldn't get anyone to take pics of my stuff. The Motrolfly motor only had about 20 flights on it, so I assume the bearings are covered.
Nice shots! Looks just like mine!

I'm sure Ken will take care of the bearings no problemo!
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old Feb 12, 2012, 08:20 PM
Team 3DHS / Team JR
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Apr 2010
4,511 Posts
Nice video and narration wamsy.

Nice to see the Nacho's on the end.....guess this means the 89 won't be blank this year....
Bivens is offline Find More Posts by Bivens
Old Feb 12, 2012, 09:21 PM
Whoooo!
Summerville, SC
Joined Jan 2009
1,717 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmala View Post
Yeah, just setup my ICE Lite 75. First thing I do is set fixed endpoints, set BEC voltage to 6.3 and set LVC cutoff to soft and the lowest possible voltage available.
Motors should be here tomorrow, will forward dimensions as soon as I get them.

What do you mean "set endpoints"? Will be setting up my Ice Lite 100 for the 51" soon. Thanks!
StormJunkie is offline Find More Posts by StormJunkie
Old Feb 12, 2012, 09:25 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
28,019 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJunkie View Post
What do you mean "set endpoints"? Will be setting up my Ice Lite 100 for the 51" soon. Thanks!
Fixed end points

Auto end points don't always work well...and you have to run your throttle all the way up and hold it for four seconds every time you fly to set the auto end points

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...