HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 03, 2012, 04:25 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmala View Post
Yikes

thanks... i put the joint back, after 5min it was all swollen so 1h ice bath, and a doctor after that... at least nothing was broken...
rimaarts is offline Find More Posts by rimaarts
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 03, 2012, 04:26 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Mar 2010
4,508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintauri View Post
I'm going to the garage to get my Yak back together. It'll be ready for the really hot and humid day tomorrow.
I am gonna get up early, and sneek a few flights in.
3Dplank is offline Find More Posts by 3Dplank
Old Jul 03, 2012, 04:26 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXXIN2FLY View Post
Yahoo!!! Great to hear Heritage!!!!
Same thing neighbor lady said in her version... WooHoo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimaarts View Post
>.< it is NOT a nice view looking at your pinky finger bent not to inside but outside...
how big of prop was it???

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Dplank View Post
I was gonna go fly, but after working all day in the heat. I got in to the house with the ac. I am not leaving. My planes are safe today
AC is GOOD!!!!!
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old Jul 03, 2012, 04:28 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heritageflyer View Post
how big of prop was it???
would it be a prop,i guess i would be holding my finger in my hand.. noo, it was accident at work, somehow slipped on stairs and hit my finger on the wall, managing to dislocate joint...
rimaarts is offline Find More Posts by rimaarts
Old Jul 03, 2012, 04:30 PM
MN WATTS Master
United States, MN, Mankato
Joined Jul 2003
7,385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Dplank View Post
I am gonna get up early, and sneek a few flights in.
Me too. We're having a 4th of July get together down in Owatonna but I might just be there in the morning.

Couple flights on the 48" Yak and a couple on the 72SC will be enough for me.
Vintauri is offline Find More Posts by Vintauri
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 03, 2012, 04:32 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,029 Posts
YES! I'm a featured blog!
Park_aviator is offline Find More Posts by Park_aviator
Old Jul 03, 2012, 04:46 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
Quote:
would it be a prop,i guess i would be holding my finger in my hand.. noo, it was accident at work, somehow slipped on stairs and hit my finger on the wall, managing to dislocate joint...
Sorry to hear that...
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old Jul 03, 2012, 04:50 PM
Team 3DHS
Western CT
Joined Aug 2009
2,866 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer View Post
Imo, if you tell someone you are going to do somthing, they are relying on you to do it. I think you should kwik throw it together as fast as you can to get it done.
Just my opinion....
I agree completely, except the only person I told was myself. So, I guess its okay to disappoint myself every once in a while ... lol.

The only really disappointing thing is that I know if I had just sat down and done it, I would have been fine (as I did pick it up at Joe Nall). It's funny, some nights you have no energy, or you make the mistake, as I often do these days, and sit down in front of the stupid computer some day I'll learn.

The good news at least, is that the stuff that I really want to bring to NJ next week is all just about ready. Just have to reinstall the servos I got back from Hitec. And, for a change, I am promising myself to start packing early, and not waiting until the last minute. Hopefully that way, I'll actually get there early enough on Thursday to get some quality flying in
CrashesALot is offline Find More Posts by CrashesALot
Old Jul 03, 2012, 05:48 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heritageflyer View Post
(Watching your 130x vid now)

What are the Batts in the 130x?
2s 300's
turnerm is online now Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Jul 03, 2012, 05:59 PM
Fly Low, Fly 3d, Repair Often
United States, OK, Weatherford
Joined Jun 2011
2,734 Posts
Quote:
>.< it is NOT a nice view looking at your pinky finger bent not to inside but outside...
I know the feeling. One time the nail on my pinky was 180* the other direction. the bone that goes to the middle joint was pushed up against the ring finger. Dislocated it reaching in for a steal and hit the basketball with the pinky alone.

The bad one was my middle finger though. I dislocated it after spiking a volleyball the opponent spiked my finger. (I got the point though). The pinky never hurts but every time the weather changes my middle finger goes to hurting worse than any amount of tylenol or ibuprofen can help.
davebloomer is offline Find More Posts by davebloomer
Old Jul 03, 2012, 07:43 PM
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined Dec 2009
328 Posts
Quote:
Get some Traumeel if you can find it. Awesome stuff, no stink or side effects.
jbusick is offline Find More Posts by jbusick
Old Jul 03, 2012, 07:46 PM
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined Dec 2009
328 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebloomer View Post
I know the feeling. One time the nail on my pinky was 180* the other direction. the bone that goes to the middle joint was pushed up against the ring finger. Dislocated it reaching in for a steal and hit the basketball with the pinky alone.

The bad one was my middle finger though. I dislocated it after spiking a volleyball the opponent spiked my finger. (I got the point though). The pinky never hurts but every time the weather changes my middle finger goes to hurting worse than any amount of tylenol or ibuprofen can help.
Holy crap. Your pinky narrative got me all weak and dizzy.
jbusick is offline Find More Posts by jbusick
Old Jul 03, 2012, 08:22 PM
Fly Low, Fly 3d, Repair Often
United States, OK, Weatherford
Joined Jun 2011
2,734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbusick View Post
Holy crap. Your pinky narrative got me all weak and dizzy.
lol sorry about that.

The resetting process is the worst part. Doc asked if I wanted a shot to numb it or just let him reset it. I asked which hurts worse and he said it is about the same. So I just handed him my hand and said good luck. He had to push it farther the same direction to get it back lined up then yanked real hard. Probably only lasted about 5 seconds but it felt like a year. When he let go I asked if he was done and he said yes. I said good cause you aren't trying again!!

The middle finger getting reset was fun because since in happened at the campus ministry building me and some friends just went to a doctor from church and he reset it for free. Since my friends went naturally we video taped it. There was such a loud POP when he set it. Naturally we showed the video at the end of the school year banquet LOL.
davebloomer is offline Find More Posts by davebloomer
Old Jul 03, 2012, 08:25 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Guys,

My little boy had his 2 year old birthday party and grandpa got him a little remote control car which got me thinking.... I bet they make bigger and faster remote control cars and I bet they even make trucks. So do any of yall have a recommendation for a truck or anything? I wanna keep it simple and hopefully use the 1800 or 2200 mah 3s that I have. is that possible?
You can run a 3s 2200mah in a truck like these. If I ever get an RC car/truck it will be one of these.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...e-47-TRA5907D1
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...body-TRA5807D1

Just know that when you stick a3s 2200mah lipo in one of these you will be able to hit 60mph and with a 2200mah I think you might get around 7 min. But I am not sure about that and it would also depend if your going 60 or 20mph. I know I would be going 60mph
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesmith285 View Post
Well the question is what does the servo sound like at full deflection. If it is making any noise at all, then you have binding. It could be in the linkage, or in could be too tight of a hinge gap.

If the servo is completely quiet, then you are good to go. If the servo burns up after that, it's not your fault.
Um...I think I need to buy some ball links and check everything because I am pretty sure my servo's don't stop screaming unless at center.

Joe do you use ball links and the extended arms on the 47" SHP?
Quote:
I would never use a lipo that is torn or bent or mis shaped. They are 20 bucks and it just isnt worth the risk of losing a cell in flight or worse having it go up in flames while charging. I would fill a bucket full of salt water and drop that bad boy in it.
So that's how you get rid of lipo's. I want to get rid of my 3s 1800mah. Do I just put some salt in the water and let them sit there? FOr how long? What do I do after that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park_aviator View Post
I want a MCPx.... I have an 8FG Super.
That is why I am keeping my dx6i.
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface
Old Jul 03, 2012, 08:25 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Wow 4 days with out flying I am going to go get a flight in really quick just to refresh.
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface