HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 02, 2012, 10:20 PM
Glens Falls, NY
Joined Apr 2010
1,295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
I'm a total news heli guy but this is my third flight with the 130x tonight.
Nice dude! Seeing your plane videos, I know you'll be tick-tockin piro-flippin rollin-circlin in no time. I'm just getting into helis, something different and a new challenge. That 130 looks awsome. I can barely see an mcpx.
TG43 is offline Find More Posts by TG43
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 02, 2012, 10:23 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TG43 View Post
Nice dude! Seeing your plane videos, I know you'll be tick-tockin piro-flippin rollin-circlin in no time. I'm just getting into helis, something different and a new challenge. That 130 looks awsome. I can barely see an mcpx.
Thanks man! We'll see how I can get along with helis... This is a little experiment for me to see if I want to stick with them or if I want to just focus on planes. But for now, I'm having a lot of fun with this little guy.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Jul 02, 2012, 10:47 PM
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Brooklyn, NY
Joined Apr 2009
7,615 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer View Post
Imo, if you tell someone you are going to do somthing, they are relying on you to do it. I think you should kwik throw it together as fast as you can to get it done.
Just my opinion....
heh...I've done the "kwik throw it together as fast as you can get it done" thing before. usually doesn't turn out too well.

I still love flying planes but I don't have the time or energy to obsess over it like I did a year or two ago...I do it to relax and I can't afford to get anxiety over flying/not flying any more.

all the same, last weekend I went upstate for three days after my car broke down. no car, no planes, so of course the weather was perfect--no wind, warm. still had fun.
Irg is offline Find More Posts by Irg
Old Jul 03, 2012, 01:39 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
19,912 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by horton View Post
Just have the drink and enjoy the company. Likely no one else really cares about the plane. Sorry, just my two cents.
I agree, so much cooler to have less stress and enjoy the company...

...and on that note... anyone looking to seeing the MegaRoo dance will most likely need to do so at the Ohio Huckfest or the FLI at State College, not much chance the next week and a half will get that plane flying and engine broken into to a 3D-ready status (its servo allocation went to the 104 for the BAMS airshow, I need to dig up 10 more servos...)
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Jul 03, 2012, 07:51 AM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irg View Post
I still love flying planes but I don't have the time or energy to obsess over it like I did a year or two ago...I do it to relax and I can't afford to get anxiety over flying/not flying any more.
Yea - I'm kinda where you are at the moment. I love flying my planes and I still dedicate a ton of time to that effort but I'm seeing things balance out a little more for me right now. A year ago if I got a new plane in the mail then I'd drop everything to get it built and ready to maiden. Now I take me time a bit more and make sure it fits into my schedule.

I've got a 57" Extra that I still need to build. When I get home today I'll have everything that I need except for ONE stinkin' servo that is backordered. So I hope to spend some time this week getting it assembled and ready for that one servo. But if this were a year ago that plane would've already been put together and flown about 20 times by now!
Old Jul 03, 2012, 08:30 AM
Don't Midair Me, Bro!
USA, IN, Auburn
Joined Jun 2010
609 Posts
OK guys, it's time to renew my license plates, and I'm thinking of going with a flying theme. The following plates are available. Any votes or other ideas?
split_s is offline Find More Posts by split_s
Old Jul 03, 2012, 08:34 AM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by split_s View Post
OK guys, it's time to renew my license plates, and I'm thinking of going with a flying theme. The following plates are available. Any votes or other ideas?
I like "HUCKIN" the best. Or you could just go with "FLY LOW"
Old Jul 03, 2012, 08:35 AM
Don't Midair Me, Bro!
USA, IN, Auburn
Joined Jun 2010
609 Posts
Unfortunately "FLY LOW" is not available.
split_s is offline Find More Posts by split_s
Old Jul 03, 2012, 08:39 AM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,633 Posts
More mCP X Front Yard Fun last night.

Getting a little braver. Popped the new CF boom out of the socket flying at the school, then benched it and got it done right this time. Not easy to do in the dark with a Coleman Florescent lantern.....

Blade mCPX Front Yard Fun (5 min 32 sec)
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old Jul 03, 2012, 08:40 AM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,633 Posts
I'd better wait for the 130 when they get parts in stock!

I still want a 450 so I can fly in a little wind and use my 3S 2200's.

Fueled for another 12 hrs, got a Txt, have to break away from this Ultimate Vacation sitting in the
house oven, fueling generators and rewiring night and day for lighting and fans..... Heading off to
a branch office to fix server issues.... We just got two of the branches in the worst hit areas back online.
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old Jul 03, 2012, 09:03 AM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Groveport, OH...USA
Joined Nov 2010
9,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heritageflyer View Post

Fueled for another 12 hrs, got a Txt, have to break away from this Ultimate Vacation sitting in the
house oven, fueling generators and rewiring night and day for lighting and fans..... Heading off to
a branch office to fix server issues.... We just got two of the branches in the worst hit areas back online.
its really hot and humid today....I'm feelin a storm brewin....
aronph is offline Find More Posts by aronph
Old Jul 03, 2012, 09:10 AM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,250 Posts
Quote:

I hear ya. The 450's are fun and the fact that they use 3s 2200's are a big plus. The only reason I like the 130x better is because it's way more powerful than the mcpx which allows a rookie like me to power through some of my manuevers without crashing. I find that you need to be closer to perfect in executing maneuvers on the mcpx as it doesn't have enough power to pull out of botched manuevers as easily. The 130x is also much larger than the mcpx but it's still perfect for the back yard. So I'll get much more stick time with it than I would a 450 size. The 130x FEELS like a 450 in the air.

And by the way - see Dave Eichstedt's (from HH) post... looks like spare parts are now in stock!
Old Jul 03, 2012, 09:10 AM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,000 Posts
Quote:
More mCP X Front Yard Fun last night.

Getting a little braver. Popped the new CF boom out of the socket flying at the school, then benched it and got it done right this time. Not easy to do in the dark with a Coleman Florescent lantern.....

https://vimeo.com/45111206
I want a MCPx.... I have an 8FG Super.
Park_aviator is offline Find More Posts by Park_aviator
Old Jul 03, 2012, 09:34 AM
My hovercraft is full of eels.
USA, TN, Gallatin
Joined Aug 2009
3,195 Posts
I kinda miss my mCPX. I've had various helis over the years in Micro, 300, 400 and 450 sizes but never really went beyond forward flight and ended up selling all of those to fund my planes. Last night I pieced together and ordered a small quadrotor from HK. I looked at the mQX but it's not brushless so... meh. For around the same price, I'm building this quad with 4 Park 300s on it and will use 3S 1000 - 1300 mAh packs. Should be fun!
SD One. is offline Find More Posts by SD One.
Old Jul 03, 2012, 09:52 AM
Ta-dah!
Texas
Joined May 2007
4,457 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park_aviator View Post
I want a MCPx.... I have an 8FG Super.
Can't fly the mcpx with a Futaba radio. I will bring mine out next time but be warned it flys off a DX 4 that is a total POS IMHO!
blakevan is offline Find More Posts by blakevan