HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 02, 2012, 09:17 PM
Ta-dah!
Texas
Joined May 2007
4,468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
No I don't want to hear that. Na na na na na na na la la la la la (while plugging my ears)
Then don't go and watch the promo video because you will hit the buy button. Daaaaaaammmmmmm that thing is cool.
blakevan is offline Find More Posts by blakevan
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 02, 2012, 09:20 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverted-I-Fly View Post
Waiting for the 300x coming out next month
I don't really get the 300x to be honest. It's so close to a 450. I'd likely be a little less bold with it in my backyard and if I'm gonna take a heli to a field then I'd rather take a big boy... Like a 500 or 600. So it just doesn't do much for me personally. The 130x seems to hit the sweet spot for me.

BUT... You'll never hear me argue about have too many options so kudos to HH for putting all of these (mCPx, 130x, 300x, 450x, 500x) out there for us to choose from.
turnerm is online now Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Jul 02, 2012, 09:22 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakevan View Post
Then don't go and watch the promo video because you will hit the buy button. Daaaaaaammmmmmm that thing is cool.
I'm a total news heli guy but this is my third flight with the 130x tonight.

Blade 130x Third Flight! (4 min 39 sec)
Old Jul 02, 2012, 09:23 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportFlyer2 View Post
Search for "tominator" on the swap pages and get almost anything from him...
Yep!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorJockey View Post
Really good 3d aircraft for RF6 ?
I use a modified Yak. Increased throws, power, and increased airfoil at tip. Makes it an amazing plane.
Park_aviator is offline Find More Posts by Park_aviator
Old Jul 02, 2012, 09:25 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park_aviator View Post
Yep!

I use a modified Yak. Increased throws, power, and increased airfoil at tip. Makes it an amazing plane.
I like the Yak as well. What did you do for the airfoil tweak?
Old Jul 02, 2012, 09:26 PM
inverted-i-fly
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
I don't really get the 300x to be honest. It's so close to a 450. I'd likely be a little less bold with it in my backyard and if I'm gonna take a heli to a field then I'd rather take a big boy... Like a 500 or 600. So it just doesn't do much for me personally. The 130x seems to hit the sweet spot for me.

BUT... You'll never hear me argue about have too many options so kudos to HH for putting all of these (mCPx, 130x, 300x, 450x, 500x) out there for us to choose from.
you may be right, I sold both my 250's because they were to small for the field and too big for the backyard. but I also sold my mcpx because after a while it just didn't fly like it did when new and I got tired of chasing small problems.

I'm on the fence until I see/hear some durability reports
3drcparts is offline Find More Posts by 3drcparts
Old Jul 02, 2012, 09:31 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
I like the Yak as well. What did you do for the airfoil tweak?
Airfoil at tip on main wing is now NACA0024 .

45 rudder
45 elevator
50 aileron
150 power
in the quick edit menu
Old Jul 02, 2012, 09:32 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,029 Posts
Closed... Gonna go run before it starts raining.... I'll start it back up when I'm back unless WAmsy starts his.
Last edited by Park_aviator; Jul 02, 2012 at 09:43 PM.
Old Jul 02, 2012, 09:34 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,468 Posts
see I still need to sell my 450 first
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Jul 02, 2012, 09:38 PM
Fly Low, Fly 3d, Repair Often
United States, OK, Weatherford
Joined Jun 2011
2,735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dentalpain View Post
Got wife approval for a new tv yesterday. 12 hours later, and we have a 65 inch panny plasma scheduled for Friday delivery. I know, not airplane related, but still falls into the "toy" category Flight pass videos will look sweet.
Nice! I'm hoping to get a bigger one once in the new house.
davebloomer is offline Find More Posts by davebloomer
Old Jul 02, 2012, 09:57 PM
Team 3DHS
Western CT
Joined Aug 2009
2,867 Posts
I have to say, I'm not a huge heli guy, but the 130x has me intrigued.

On a different note, don't you really hate it when you realize that you aren't going to make a deadline on something? I was trying to finish building my Fun Cub to take with me to my buddy's house in VT. His back deck is a dock on a lake, I have the float set for it, and had run some of the LED's in the fuse already. I was really looking forward to having a drink and having some late night lazy fun. However, like usual, just not enough time in the day. If I wanted to pull an all nighter, I could probably get it done, but I just don't think its worth it.
CrashesALot is offline Find More Posts by CrashesALot
Old Jul 02, 2012, 10:17 PM
3DHobbyShop.com
S. Lancaster County, PA
Joined Jun 2006
2,528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashesALot View Post

On a different note, don't you really hate it when you realize that you aren't going to make a deadline on something? I was trying to finish building my Fun Cub to take with me to my buddy's house in VT. His back deck is a dock on a lake, I have the float set for it, and had run some of the LED's in the fuse already. I was really looking forward to having a drink and having some late night lazy fun. However, like usual, just not enough time in the day. If I wanted to pull an all nighter, I could probably get it done, but I just don't think its worth it.
Just have the drink and enjoy the company. Likely no one else really cares about the plane. Sorry, just my two cents.
horton is offline Find More Posts by horton
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 02, 2012, 10:23 PM
Team 3DHS
Western CT
Joined Aug 2009
2,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by horton View Post
Just have the drink and enjoy the company. Likely no one else really cares about the plane. Sorry, just my two cents.
Not necessarily totally true, but probably mostly true ... lol. My youngest loves watching me fly, and my buddy is a full scale pilot (instructor actually), and funny, he has never seen me fly RC.

But, you're right, in the end, it doesn't really matter. I've had some of my most memorable times, just sitting on that dock hanging out and b/s'ng.
CrashesALot is offline Find More Posts by CrashesALot
Old Jul 02, 2012, 10:48 PM
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashesALot View Post

Imo, if you tell someone you are going to do somthing, they are relying on you to do it. I think you should kwik throw it together as fast as you can to get it done.
Just my opinion....
Alex Schauer is offline Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Old Jul 02, 2012, 11:04 PM
Honeybadger don't care...
United States, FL, Winter Park
Joined May 2010
1,866 Posts
Hitec Programmer (HFP-25)

Has anyone with this programmer tried to change the resolution? I just want to make sure my servos have high resolution, but I can't be sure that is how they are set. Any ideas?
Luv3d is offline Find More Posts by Luv3d