Old Jul 01, 2012, 09:59 PM
Team 3DHS
United States, IN, Fort Wayne
Joined Nov 2008
1,412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb7flyer View Post
i used the falcon 28x9W CF
Nice. I have used the 29x9 since then and like it better. I think it suits the 104 better than the 28x9w.
joesmith285 is offline Find More Posts by joesmith285
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 01, 2012, 10:00 PM
Team 3DHS
Joined Nov 2008
1,412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugocraft View Post
speaking of props,

hey Joe, back in day when you flew 100cc motors what is the best for something like a 3w-100 or what have you heard is? Asking because everybody flys da-120s now

I've never owned anything but a 120 so I have no clue...
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 01, 2012, 10:03 PM
Aerobatic Fanatic
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Sep 2007
2,882 Posts
Thanks Joe, I'm sure I can find out after a little research. I can't remember what came on the 3w-100 so thats why I was asking.

But anyways here is my last post for tonight then I'm going to bed. I just found this video by accident and never seen it until now. This is me back in January of 2009! I do need to learn some new tricks........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8SBCOyhCMw&feature=plcp

Also at this time I haven't even flown a collective pitch heli yet
HugoCraft is offline Find More Posts by HugoCraft
Old Jul 01, 2012, 10:07 PM
Suspended Account
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesmith285 View Post
Thanks for the kind words I am 18 and have been flying for a little over 3.5 years.
Quote:
Can't blame it on the 18 though.....I've had over 200 issue free flights since.
Joe,

I still can't believe you've only been flying for 3.5 years, and that you already have 200 flights SINCE XFC. Incredible!
-= GYRO =- is offline Find More Posts by -= GYRO =-
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 01, 2012, 10:09 PM
Fly Low, Fly 3d, Repair Often
United States, OK, Weatherford
Joined Jun 2011
2,733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer View Post
I can't just spend $20 bucks!! Don't really have a job here!
I am getting more lawn mowing jobs though, but next year I'm old enough to work at Culvers!!!
I don't know what happened....next flight I will run a separate RX pack.
Hey send me your mailing address via pm. I have a Gens Ace 2200 pack that i can send you. It has a lot of flights on it but still has good life left. I will send it to you free of charge if you promise me you will not use the damaged one that you posted the pic of.
davebloomer is offline Find More Posts by davebloomer
Old Jul 01, 2012, 10:11 PM
Joined Jun 2011
2,733 Posts
Joe,

I went and check on my servos for binding and as you mentioned they were all singing like song birds at full deflection. I think left aileron up was the only one that wasnt making noise. I changed a bunch of geometry to the linkages to make things line up straighter and took the extended servo arms off the elevator and rudder and they are quite as church mice now. Thanks for the advice.
Old Jul 01, 2012, 10:15 PM
Team 3DHS
Joined Nov 2008
1,412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebloomer View Post
Joe,

I went and check on my servos for binding and as you mentioned they were all singing like song birds at full deflection. I think left aileron up was the only one that wasnt making noise. I changed a bunch of geometry to the linkages to make things line up straighter and took the extended servo arms off the elevator and rudder and they are quite as church mice now. Thanks for the advice.

Sweet, glad to hear that

No problem!!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 01, 2012, 10:18 PM
Joined Jun 2011
2,733 Posts
Quote:
Sweet, glad to hear that

No problem!!
Do you think I should take all these servos out and send them to hitec for a once over or do you think the failure happens all at once?

Did that make sense? I mean do they gradually get worse and then fail or does the failure just happen when it happens.

This failure actually happened as I was walking up to my plane to take the battery out after landing. As I approached the servo went to full deflection.
Old Jul 01, 2012, 10:20 PM
Team 3DHS
Joined Nov 2008
1,412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebloomer View Post
Do you think I should take all these servos out and send them to hitec for a once over or do you think the failure happens all at once?

Did that make sense? I mean do they gradually get worse and then fail or does the failure just happen when it happens.

This failure actually happened as I was walking up to my plane to take the battery out after landing. As I approached the servo went to full deflection.

Over heating is usually what kills them, so if they are working ok now, then they probably didn't get hot enough to damage them. They will probably be ok, but it also wouldn't hurt to have them checked out. Tough choice.

FWIW, I just helped a friend free up some binding on one of his planes and the servos have been working fine since.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 01, 2012, 10:24 PM
Joined Jun 2011
2,733 Posts
Quote:
Over heating is usually what kills them, so if they are working ok now, then they probably didn't get hot enough to damage them. They will probably be ok, but it also wouldn't hurt to have them checked out. Tough choice.

FWIW, I just helped a friend free up some binding on one of his planes and the servos have been working fine since.
Ok, that makes sense. I think I'll just keep flying them and see how it goes. I have about 10 I need to send to hitec for repairs so when I get them back I'll swap em out. Whats the worst that could happen
Old Jul 02, 2012, 05:58 AM
United States, OH, Youngstown
Joined Jul 2009
200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullittjeff View Post
I ordered a bunch from mc master Carr. They have thumb screws that are metal with a plastic portion on the end that is wide.
just ordered some from amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/Nylon-Knurled-.../dp/B000OD0H2E
bobby808813 is offline Find More Posts by bobby808813
Old Jul 02, 2012, 06:58 AM
Epoxy & CA Investor
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,570 Posts
Well. I'm in Lancaster PA visiting my inlaws. Wonder if 3dhs are up for visitors? Quarryville is about 20 minutes away.
DenverJayhawk is offline Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk
Old Jul 02, 2012, 08:36 AM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,799 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk View Post
Well. I'm in Lancaster PA visiting my inlaws. Wonder if 3dhs are up for visitors? Quarryville is about 20 minutes away.
Go to the Storefront there.
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old Jul 02, 2012, 08:41 AM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,799 Posts
Day Four of no power. First hillbilly Generator died this AM. Fuel Pump.

Towed a brand new Champion 5500W over from the M-I-L's place, running everything but Well Pump and AC now. Got Internet.

What a Vacation Day (planned) but Hijacked by storm aftermath!

Here was some Day 3 mCPx boring hovering practice yesterday after getting a new solid CF Long Boom installed. Much better and easier to handle, stable. I managed to get all the dirt and debris blown out of the open side of the garage at least!

Should have shot vid when I was out flying outside later, before the next round of storms we had. Starting to get more comfortable with it and was trying some stuff.

Since I'm On Vacation, I will fly more today.

mCPX Power Outage Day 3 (7 min 25 sec)
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer