HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 12, 2012, 12:24 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Groveport, OH...USA
Joined Nov 2010
10,150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebloomer View Post
23* here and winds are only 14 mph. I'm not sure i can pass on wind like that! Its gonna hurt out there for sure though.
ya...its gonna feel like 0.....fly with the wind at your back
aronph is online now Find More Posts by aronph
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2012, 12:24 PM
Whoooo!
Summerville, SC
Joined Jan 2009
1,717 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by going4speed View Post
Is it safe to ask a cable question?

I have a cable modem issue. It is losing the cable connection. If I go outside and connect it to the cable at where it enters the house it works. Then come back inside and hook it up and it works again. Bizarre!
Could be a couple of things. If cable runs through attic, sometimes animals may chew on it. The other thing to check is the type of cable running to your modem. Make sure it matches what you have running to the outside. IE, RG-58, RG-59, RG-6 etc. (most cable companies don't put "RG" on the wire, but it should say something like "Type 6". Splitters (if not an exact match for your cable/cable company) can sometimes cause issues. Finally, the cable types (inside/outside) have to have the same impedance. It is highly unlikely, you have different impedance wire.
StormJunkie is offline Find More Posts by StormJunkie
Old Feb 12, 2012, 12:28 PM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,929 Posts
I just went through all the splitters and such. Removed two splitters and five connections! Why these cable guys wire the way they do is beyond me. Seems to be working now. We shall see. Made all connections super tight.

Quote:
Is it safe to ask a cable question?

I have a cable modem issue. It is losing the cable connection. If I go outside and connect it to the cable at where it enters the house it works. Then come back inside and hook it up and it works again. Bizarre!
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJunkie View Post
Could be a couple of things. If cable runs through attic, sometimes animals may chew on it. The other thing to check is the type of cable running to your modem. Make sure it matches what you have running to the outside. IE, RG-58, RG-59, RG-6 etc. (most cable companies don't put "RG" on the wire, but it should say something like "Type 6". Splitters (if not an exact match for your cable/cable company) can sometimes cause issues. Finally, the cable types (inside/outside) have to have the same impedance. It is highly unlikely, you have different impedance wire.
going4speed is offline Find More Posts by going4speed
Old Feb 12, 2012, 12:31 PM
TEAM CANUCKER HUCKER
Canada, AB, Medicine Hat
Joined Sep 2003
1,636 Posts
When I moved here I had the cable company run all new cable from the main line into my house, and new cable through out the entire house. I never have issues and I wasn't charged anything.

Just sayin'.

Oh, and I love my 50Mbps speeds
ssflylow is offline Find More Posts by ssflylow
Old Feb 12, 2012, 12:48 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugocraft View Post
They have plenty of dicharge for running servos and 2c charging is fast enough for me especially since I usually never take more that 50% out of them.
sounds cool to me.
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Feb 12, 2012, 12:50 PM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,929 Posts
Wow! That is a heck of a deal! Comcast wants to charge for anything that is inside the house here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssflylow View Post
When I moved here I had the cable company run all new cable from the main line into my house, and new cable through out the entire house. I never have issues and I wasn't charged anything.

Just sayin'.

Oh, and I love my 50Mbps speeds
Old Feb 12, 2012, 12:56 PM
TEAM CANUCKER HUCKER
Canada, AB, Medicine Hat
Joined Sep 2003
1,636 Posts
Quote:
Wow! That is a heck of a deal! Comcast wants to charge for anything that is inside the house here.
After your post I was curious so I called my cable company. I dropped my movie channels (only 4 of them, and we have netflix anyways) bumped my speed up to 100Mbps and saved myself 7 bucks a month to boot.

Thanks for bringing this up
ssflylow is offline Find More Posts by ssflylow
Old Feb 12, 2012, 01:03 PM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,929 Posts
I have 25 mbps and its FAST. I can't image a 100. We have satellite so we have no negotiating power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssflylow View Post
After your post I was curious so I called my cable company. I dropped my movie channels (only 4 of them, and we have netflix anyways) bumped my speed up to 100Mbps and saved myself 7 bucks a month to boot.

Thanks for bringing this up
Old Feb 12, 2012, 01:16 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,461 Posts
I only have my very slow 3g cell connection
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Feb 12, 2012, 02:11 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
ok like always V4 huckin addict
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface
Old Feb 12, 2012, 02:54 PM
Fly Low, Fly 3d, Repair Often
United States, OK, Weatherford
Joined Jun 2011
2,733 Posts
2 questions.

With a dx8 with the stock battery pack... What's the lowest volts you would feel comfortable flying?

2) how many volts are yall bringing your 3s lipos down at? I'm flying 4.5 minutes with my 1.5 huck and bringing them in at 11.4. Anyone know off hand what the Ztw esc is set at for lvc from factory?
davebloomer is offline Find More Posts by davebloomer
Old Feb 12, 2012, 03:04 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,189 Posts
Quote:
2 questions.

With a dx8 with the stock battery pack... What's the lowest volts you would feel comfortable flying?

2) how many volts are yall bringing your 3s lipos down at? I'm flying 4.5 minutes with my 1.5 huck and bringing them in at 11.4. Anyone know off hand what the Ztw esc is set at for lvc from factory?
if you keep it at 3.8 per cell (11.4 on a 3S), you'll keep your packs happier, more discharges etc.
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Feb 12, 2012, 03:06 PM
Team 3DHS
Nashville , Tennessee
Joined Jan 2009
5,477 Posts
3D Tutorial: Weeble Wobble (3 min 5 sec)

Same video with new title.

Corkscrews are different and I will make a video on why and how to do them in the future.

Shoutout to KM and rob for pointing it out.
wamsy55 is offline Find More Posts by wamsy55
Old Feb 12, 2012, 04:09 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Pass Christian, MS
Joined Jan 2010
2,366 Posts
Quote:
Anyone know off hand what the Ztw esc is set at for lvc from factory?
Factory default is Medium or 3.0V per cell.
Eagle34 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle34
Old Feb 12, 2012, 04:15 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle34 View Post
Factory default is Medium or 3.0V per cell.
what! wouldent the battery be on fire by then??? like you shouldent go under 3.7 but they let it go down to 3.0!?
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface