SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 08, 2012, 03:19 AM
Joined Feb 2012
21 Posts
Today I'm going to mod the controller I want it to run on a 6V rechargeable high end battery. say 3000mAh
With a posibility to recharge with out having to take the battery out.

Need
High amp (say 3A) diode (low voltage makes high amps)
Old charger say 6,5 to 7 volts.
Connector hole.
Pics will follow.
Turin is offline Find More Posts by Turin
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2012, 07:42 AM
Joined Feb 2012
21 Posts
Been to the electronics shop today, and got my stuff they didn't have a 6v battery that would fit.

Build the recharge mod but it will now charge standard AA battery.

I`m using a universal adaptor to charge set at 6,5V.
Old Feb 09, 2012, 01:33 AM
Joined Jul 2011
252 Posts
Whoa,it's cool.
LightLake is offline Find More Posts by LightLake
Old Feb 16, 2012, 12:14 PM
Joined Feb 2012
21 Posts
Here you'll find pics of the propeller mod by me

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...489467&page=12
Old Feb 20, 2012, 08:16 AM
Joined Feb 2012
21 Posts
Did a new mod to the transmitter got myself 2 packs of GP recyco http://www.gpbatteries.nl/nl/nl/prod...teries/recyko/
Bateries and made the transmitter run on 7,5 volts instead of 6v (theoretical)
Normaly it wil run on 4 *1,5 volts non rechargables run it on rechargables it will be 1,2 volts *4 makes 4,8. it now runs on 1,2v * 5 makes it 6v more or less depending on the batery charge.

range test will be done soon (its raining cats and dogs)

Charger is still set on 7,5 volts it makes the induvidual cell charge at 0,5 volts more than the cell voltage.
Old Apr 08, 2012, 08:50 AM
United States, MA, Townsend
Joined Apr 2012
67 Posts
Hi Turin, Hows that antenna mod working out?Still good?
oceanear is offline Find More Posts by oceanear
Old Apr 16, 2012, 10:32 AM
Joined Feb 2012
21 Posts
Yep still works fine.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 10:17 AM
GOT WINGS
United States, TX, Wilbarger
Joined Apr 2012
2,553 Posts
transmitter battery

I put a fully charged 7.4 volt lipo-300mahs in my transmitter, so it runs on 8.4 volts. the only mods to the transmitter were cutting a little of the battery seperaters out of the way so I could put in the small lipo, and attaching a battey connecting wire to the positive/negative terminals in the battery case of the transmitter. Works well, after a couple of flights, the battery still had over 8 volts in it. Less signals drops, and only at about 100 feet in certain orientations. Charge batteries on my Thunder AC6 charger.
My S033g is 11.1 version.
I also took an old 18cm airplane propeller I had, cut it down to 13 cm, found a piece of plastic I could press/glue into propeller, drilled a hole slightly smaller than the gear mount on the tail, heated and pressed the right allen wrench into that hole, and made a direct mount for the propeller onto the gear, smaller hole on top for mounting screw. Sorry no pictures. Added a little weight to tail, put a clear tube across front of skids with weight inside to balance. Tube also keeps skids from hooking on grass. It will easily fly against a 5 mph wind. estimate it at least doubled the speed. siriusflier
siriusflier is offline Find More Posts by siriusflier
Old May 02, 2012, 12:37 AM
Joined Apr 2012
12 Posts
check out my video

Syma S033G mod spotlite! review (9 min 46 sec)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turin View Post
Bought my Syma s033g a week ago and did some mods already.

First installed a switch to turn the lights on/off.
Used a piece of silicone tubing to guide the antenna wire (tested a longer antenna to but the range did not extend, it got shorter in stead)
Rewired the battery and bought a new one so I can easily switch battery's in the field. used a piece of elastic band to secure the battery.

Used two pieces of carbon fibre to create a possibility to attach things to the helicopter.

Improved the tail rotor by taking a set of old syma 107 main blades.
It has so much power now I can make it flip (when not flying) over in the fast mode. when not care full.

And I made a rc camera controller to attach on the bottom.
Still need to buy a little spy cam to connect.

Cant add pics?? am I doing some thing wrong or should I use photo bucket
flintstton810 is offline Find More Posts by flintstton810
Old May 02, 2012, 12:38 AM
Joined Apr 2012
12 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPRAPPjvppY

Syma S033G mod spotlite! review (9 min 46 sec)
Old May 02, 2012, 12:43 AM
Joined Apr 2012
12 Posts
tail blade mod s033g

S033G tail blade mod.AVI (7 min 40 sec)
Old May 02, 2012, 12:13 PM
GOT WINGS
United States, TX, Wilbarger
Joined Apr 2012
2,553 Posts
s033g mods

I have gotten at least 30 of those flashlights free from Harbor Freight with purchases over the last couple of years, I find coupons in Sunday papers.
I did not like the headlight mounted at top of the canopy when I first got mine, the light shined brightly out the back of the canopy and did not help night time orientation, so I extended the wire and drilled a hole down at the front of the nose, put that light there, and glued a small chrome sleeve on the canopy there to help focus the light. Same spotlight effect as your flashlight, just not quite as bright. I also thought the flashing side lights were too much, so I took them off which also reduced weight by 8 grams. Then I broke the tail boom lights when changing out the frame, so I added wire to one of the side lights and have a shorter tail boom light but no side lights. Also, I think on most of the plugs like the one on your tail motor, you can push in a tab to remove the wire with the end on it, then switch the wires, I am not sure you can do that on the tail motor plug, but I have done it on other small plugs. I also put a longer transmitter antenna on mine, but am not sure it made much difference. They say that it is better to match the antenna lengths. I do think that the 2 cell lipo in the transmitter helps. Happy flying.
siriusflier is offline Find More Posts by siriusflier
Old May 02, 2012, 07:04 PM
DWTRIAC23
United States, MA, North Andover
Joined Feb 2012
173 Posts
The S033G is one of my favorite 3 Chnl. Heliís because it is smooth and stable in flight. It is also built to withstand punishment. I have crashed mine many times and the only thing that has broken are the landing skids. The only problems I have with it are receiver/transmitter reception issues and forward flight outdoors with any wind.
What many people do not realize is that antenna length is determined by the frequency. The higher the frequency the smaller the antenna. That is why cell phones ( 800 mhz ) only require a very small antennas. The S033G I have is 27 mhz and requires a much longer antenna. I replaced the antenna on my transmitter with a longer one from another radio I had. Then I doubled the length of the antenna on the helicopter. But do not run the antenna along the tail boom. For some reason that impedes the reception of the radio signal. Just wrap the antenna wire around the landing skids. That doubled the reception distance of my heli. For the outdoor wind issue I removed the tail boom support arms and added an equal amount of weight to the nose of the helicopter. That improved the forward flight speed a little. I also replaced the tail rotor with one from the Double Horse 9101. It fits perfectly but had to cut and reverse the wires going to the tail motor because the prop is angled opposite. That mod greatly improved the heliís forward speed!
dwtriac23 is offline Find More Posts by dwtriac23
Old Oct 04, 2012, 03:00 PM
Joined Oct 2012
1 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fs2flyer View Post
Turin, you're a genius. I just modified the 033 tail rotor with the 107 blades and this 033 goes forward like CRAZY. The wind was blowing about 2 to 3 mph and the heli went into the wid quite fast Thanks for the info.
Ditto: Your're a Genius!
Bunumachuckle is offline Find More Posts by Bunumachuckle