HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 03, 2012, 08:26 PM
United States, CA, Laguna Niguel
Joined Jan 2012
79 Posts
Discussion
How long does it take to HobbyKing.com to ship?

Seems my money cleared right away, paying via PayPal.

But what is up with shipping? The item was not showing as on backorder, but it has been close to two weeks now and still not showing as shipped.
g725s is offline Find More Posts by g725s
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2012, 12:05 AM
As SCREWY as I wanna be!!!
United States, CA, Livermore
Joined Feb 2011
52 Posts
I've had orders take two+ weeks to ship, but on average a few days, don't get discouraged because the shipping time and customs can be worse (time wise) unless you got fast shipping option... All in all it's great ordering thru them, the prices are great and quality is right there... Just understand and expect it to take some time to get orders, then if they show up early, GREAT!!!
Good luck...
SCREWYFITS is offline Find More Posts by SCREWYFITS
Old Feb 10, 2012, 09:39 AM
Joined Jan 2012
162 Posts
I placed an order with them on the 3rd of this month, all items in stock and the status is still processing. this is the slowest online hobby store so far. this is my 1st time ordering from them and probably the last time.
electrojolt is offline Find More Posts by electrojolt
Old Feb 10, 2012, 01:19 PM
Joined Jan 2012
10 Posts
Same problem here. I ordered on Jan 31st and it still hasn't shipped.
mojo6911 is offline Find More Posts by mojo6911
Old Feb 11, 2012, 06:32 PM
Look Up!
Canada, MB, Niverville
Joined Apr 2008
5,029 Posts
Never had a problem with there shipping till this past month. Something is goin real slow there. It's not because chinese new year either because one of my JIT items was shipped during that period.I have a plane sitting in limbo since jan24th.
gewiens is offline Find More Posts by gewiens
Old Feb 13, 2012, 02:03 PM
Joined Jan 2012
10 Posts
They canceled my order, but I have yet to receive a refund or email from them. I have disputed through paypal.
mojo6911 is offline Find More Posts by mojo6911
Old Feb 13, 2012, 02:11 PM
Look Up!
Canada, MB, Niverville
Joined Apr 2008
5,029 Posts
Finally received email on my order with a tracking number. Took long enough.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 09:01 PM
Bakersfield, CA
Joined Jan 2006
53 Posts
Ordered first time from them on 1/6. Recieved 2/2. I guess that was actually pretty good since it was at the height of the Chinese New Year. Still feel bad about buying from the commies, but everything comes from there anyway.
8KCAB is offline Find More Posts by 8KCAB
Old Feb 15, 2012, 12:28 PM
Joined Jan 2012
162 Posts
Finally... My order was shipped... So they day...
electrojolt is offline Find More Posts by electrojolt
Old Feb 17, 2012, 03:04 PM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,374 Posts
They are playing catch-up from the Chinese New Year. You have to remember much of Asia shuts down for an entire week for the Chinese New Year. No shipping, customs, etc.

If you go to the bottom of the site and click News you will see:
"-Orders placed between 21~31 of January will be shipped in the first week of February."

Guessing they are further behind then they expected and still trying to catch up.
grimbeaver is offline Find More Posts by grimbeaver
Old Feb 17, 2012, 03:08 PM
Look Up!
Canada, MB, Niverville
Joined Apr 2008
5,029 Posts
There definately farther behind than normal from what I've seen. I've placed 30 some orders over the last few years and my last 3 have be ridiculously long. I used to place an order and have it just over a week later. These last orders are now showing shipped but this has been over 3 weeks already.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 03:40 PM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,374 Posts
I'm wondering if they got caught up from the New Year but a ton of people waited till after the new year to order so now they are just behind again. My order placed Jan 18th shipped Feb 2nd and I have it. My other order placed Feb 12th has not shipped yet. Wonder what their strategy is for the backlog, more people or more hours? Or neither they just hope for a lull in the orders?
Old Feb 19, 2012, 08:00 PM
H&H
H&H Hobbies
Old mystic CT U.S.A.
Joined Nov 2003
651 Posts
I sell a few HK items on my shops site. Mainly Orange Rx's and 5g and 9g HXT servos. I can't sell them as cheap as HK but I Ship priority mail from CT so you can get it quickly
H&H is offline Find More Posts by H&H
Old Feb 20, 2012, 04:34 PM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by H&H View Post
I sell a few HK items on my shops site. Mainly Orange Rx's and 5g and 9g HXT servos. I can't sell them as cheap as HK but I Ship priority mail from CT so you can get it quickly
Good to know and your markup is better then those sold on Amazon. On a side note though had a hard time finding your website. Google search for "H&H Hobbies" turns up no links to your actual site. See about changing the title of your site from "Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce". I'm guessing that would help it show up in Google searches.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 02:32 AM
Joined Mar 2012
1 Posts
Unfortunately some idiot in some other forum recommended these guys to me, and now after reading some of these posts, I'm regretting ever ordering anything from them. I've been waiting for my order to ship for over a week now. Their website says my order is still in the queue waiting to be printed out in the warehouse. The time it takes to ship to the US is understandable, but taking over a week to put the item in a box and ship it out is unacceptable. These guys won't respond to any of my attempts to contact them either.This will definitely be the last time I order anything from them.
dspdrew is offline Find More Posts by dspdrew