SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by ExperimentalAir, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 02:07 PM
Joined May 2012
151 Posts
Hello syzygyQ the lettering on prop ALWAYS goes to the front of the plane.
IAFoamie is offline Find More Posts by IAFoamie
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 19, 2012, 02:35 PM
Joined Oct 2011
891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAFoamie View Post
Hello syzygyQ the lettering on prop ALWAYS goes to the front of the plane.
Nice. That's a great, simple bench mark.

Thanks!
syzygyQ is offline Find More Posts by syzygyQ
Old Oct 20, 2012, 07:43 AM
Fan of experimetalairlines
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Jan 2012
200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by syzygyQ View Post
For my Axon I now have in hand a D2826-6 2200kv Outrunner Motor . It's a nice motor -- very good build quality and a nice heft to it. Have you used this motor, or similar? I hope that it'll be good to go to drive an Axon carrying light FPV. I've got the Plush 30amp ESC for it, and 2200mah 3s nanos.
Yes, I've been using the same motor on all my foam board planes. Running it with a 6.5x4 master air screw, plenty of power and flight time on a 2200mah 3S. I love it. You will be happy with the motor. Just watch the amps it draws if you use anything bigger than a 6.5 prop.
rcnewbieoz is offline Find More Posts by rcnewbieoz
Old Oct 20, 2012, 12:03 PM
United States, CA, Hemet
Joined Nov 2011
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExperimentalAir View Post
Very nice, way to represent! Did you just show up at his house? He seems like a nice guy who would have a fellow RC'er over.
I e-mailed him with my travel plans and asked if it was possible to meet. He was doing an outreach building some planes with kids and I visited him there. He's a heck of a nice guy!
winglessbob is offline Find More Posts by winglessbob
Old Oct 20, 2012, 12:20 PM
United States, CA, Hemet
Joined Nov 2011
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by planecrazy1969 View Post
Very cool that you got to meet Josh...sounds like you had a fun road trip...also I would like to see that F-15...got any pics of it?..Been running ideas through my head on how to build a pusher jet using Ed's building methods

Stace
Here ya go--it's a prop model, not exactly scale, but it sure looks cool!
Old Oct 20, 2012, 04:22 PM
Gone Fly'n
USA, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Jan 2007
288 Posts
Very cool looking plane...love the striped tape design
planecrazy1969 is offline Find More Posts by planecrazy1969
Old Oct 20, 2012, 04:30 PM
Closed Account
Joined May 2012
224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by winglessbob View Post
Here ya go--it's a prop model, not exactly scale, but it sure looks cool!
You should enter that in Ed's contest as supporting the USA!
CarbonFlite is offline Find More Posts by CarbonFlite
Old Oct 20, 2012, 06:07 PM
MD
Joined Aug 2010
85 Posts
Scale drone

Just wanted to share some pics of my Peace Drone with scale-ish decals on it. I'll be ordering a 5.8 FPV set up soon. Anyone have a suggestion on which company to go with? I'd like to use some Fatshark goggles, but other than that I'm open for suggestions. I'd like just a basic system (camera, tx) and use the receiver on the goggles. Thanks.
Asymair95 is offline Find More Posts by Asymair95
Old Oct 20, 2012, 11:04 PM
Joined May 2012
151 Posts
Hello all
Nice job winglessbob. Like all of it. Great tape job give us details please. Need to know about the fuse been wanting to try a Triangle fuse for some time should be good and strong.
Found this on my travels on the net
IAFoamie is offline Find More Posts by IAFoamie
Old Oct 21, 2012, 02:50 PM
I ask a lot of questions.
Canada, AB, Airdrie
Joined Aug 2012
211 Posts
Quote:
I wonder if there is a build-log for that somewhere? That looks cool
Disco Stew is offline Find More Posts by Disco Stew
Old Oct 21, 2012, 02:54 PM
United States, FL, Palm Beach
Joined Jan 2011
1,161 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asymair95 View Post
Just wanted to share some pics of my Peace Drone with scale-ish decals on it. I'll be ordering a 5.8 FPV set up soon. Anyone have a suggestion on which company to go with? I'd like to use some Fatshark goggles, but other than that I'm open for suggestions. I'd like just a basic system (camera, tx) and use the receiver on the goggles. Thanks.
If you absolutely want 5.8 - meaning you don't plan to fly behind anything or more than 1km - go with something like the Foxtech 200mw combo
http://www.foxtechfpv.com/foxtech-58...-mi-p-178.html
viper522 is online now Find More Posts by viper522
Old Oct 21, 2012, 10:43 PM
MD
Joined Aug 2010
85 Posts
Fpv

I'm actually trying to go a mile, maybe 1.5. Would a higher wattage tx and some clover leaf ant get me there?
Asymair95 is offline Find More Posts by Asymair95
Old Oct 22, 2012, 01:29 AM
Fan of experimetalairlines
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Jan 2012
200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcnewbieoz View Post
Yes, I've been using the same motor on all my foam board planes. Running it with a 6.5x4 master air screw, plenty of power and flight time on a 2200mah 3S. I love it. You will be happy with the motor. Just watch the amps it draws if you use anything bigger than a 6.5 prop.
If you ever bend the motor shaft, you can find ready replacements by visiting your hardware store and buying bullet head nails of 1/8in diameter (I used 3.15mm dia nails here in Australia). I used a bolt cutter to cut to length, a hacksaw to cut a groove for the e-clip and a file to round the cut ends.

If you've lost the e-clip you can just push the nail through from the back of the motor and the bullet head of the nail will serve to hold the shaft in place like an e-clip, I've done this to an old motor and it works fine!
rcnewbieoz is offline Find More Posts by rcnewbieoz
Last edited by rcnewbieoz; Oct 22, 2012 at 05:56 AM.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 11:23 AM
United States, CA, Hemet
Joined Nov 2011
34 Posts
Quote:
Hello all
Nice job winglessbob. Like all of it. Great tape job give us details please. Need to know about the fuse been wanting to try a Triangle fuse for some time should be good and strong.
The triangle fuse is easy-- just make the standard tube, then instead of butt gluing the bottom with the stiffener, fold in the bottom pieces and glue them together!
The tape job was easy, too. just alternate the colors when taping the foam board, tape to the premeasured bend then change the pattern so that top and bottom are different. Mine is yellow and black on the bottom.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 12:28 PM
Chch, NZ
Democratic Republic of the Congo, Katanga, Haut-Katanga
Joined Mar 2012
130 Posts
Congo update

Nearing the end of my second 'swing' in the Congo and enjoying the heck out of the Armin wing style of building.

Got my room set up with a good work bench and am bringing in as much foam board as I can fit in my bag, along with all the other goodies...

Been messing with all sorts of wing profiles and shapes on the standard fuse just to see what happens and have got myself a pretty quick plane going on (at least until the next forced rebuild after I get too cocky again).

So thought it time to share a pic of a couple of my local flying buddies.
Not sure what they'll do given the chance but they have got pretty close to grabbing me a few times. Certainly has a steely look in his (her?) eye...

enjoy...
Kenniffs is offline Find More Posts by Kenniffs