Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 15, 2012, 10:02 AM
Bombs Away...
United States, MI, Lambertville
Joined Nov 2009
262 Posts
Well mines out for redeliver! hope he stops today i would love to give this beast a go!
AL1EN is online now Find More Posts by AL1EN
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 15, 2012, 02:50 PM
Bombs Away...
Joined Nov 2009
262 Posts
Got mine today and started to put it together on lunch break. Ill have it done tonight and have some pics at least tomorrow of the red/whit one for you guys.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 03:02 PM
Bombs Away...
Joined Nov 2009
262 Posts
The instructions wasn't clear on how the prob goes on. is it spinner, prop, washer,
nut?
Old Feb 15, 2012, 04:57 PM
Joined Jul 2005
1,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AL1EN View Post
The instructions wasn't clear on how the prob goes on. is it spinner, prop, washer,
nut?
did you figure it out?? its backplate, prop, spacer,nut,then cone
nitroplanes is offline Find More Posts by nitroplanes
Old Feb 15, 2012, 05:04 PM
Bombs Away...
Joined Nov 2009
262 Posts
Thanks I did figure it out lol
Can't wait to fly this beast!
Old Feb 15, 2012, 05:18 PM
Joined Jul 2005
1,008 Posts
Quote:
Thanks I did figure it out lol
Can't wait to fly this beast!
be sure to let us know how it goes what battery you plan on using??
Old Feb 16, 2012, 02:26 PM
Champagne Supernova
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Jul 2010
1,906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHighSelllow View Post
I got in 2 quick flights this am and can concur with the above statement the SU transitions to hovers better and snaps a but nicer. the Sbach tracks better than the SU.

Obviously its lighter and more floaty then the Sbach. Plenty of power, straight up. Quick or slow snaps and rolls.

One thing I do not like is it does not taxi on grass well at all. Apply power and it wants to nose over. Same with landings. It did better on 2nd flight as a I moved the lipo back a little. I had to add in elevator to get it to taxi and still was a pain to baby it back to the flight line. The grass was not that high this morning either. I really thought it would taxi like the Sbach which taxis great. I can taxi the Sbach like a race car all over the field.

I will check my wheels this am and make sure they roll well but it has to be the location of the LG. My CG was set per the manual but it wanted to nose over on throttle up.

Other than that shes pretty sweet. Just need some time on the sticks with her.

Im thinking the LG is too far back behind the LE of the wing. Just a tad but enough to make it want to nose over when throttle is advanced. Maybe I can bend it forward a little bit or possibly shim it forward but it figures I think I put a drop of Goriall glue in there before I placed the LG in there.

Anybody else got in a flight yet ?

FlyHighSelllow is online now Find More Posts by FlyHighSelllow
Old Feb 16, 2012, 04:22 PM
Bombs Away...
Joined Nov 2009
262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroplanes View Post
be sure to let us know how it goes what battery you plan on using??
Plan on using a 4s 2200 on her.

Ill let you know if i get the nose over problem too.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 04:59 PM
Joined Jul 2005
1,008 Posts
Quote:
Plan on using a 4s 2200 on her.

Ill let you know if i get the nose over problem too.
alright cool, we had no issues on runway. when you get a chance be sure to check out the 4S 1800 30C skylipo
Old Feb 16, 2012, 05:13 PM
Champagne Supernova
Joined Jul 2010
1,906 Posts
Quote:
alright cool, we had no issues on runway. when you get a chance be sure to check out the 4S 1800 30C skylipo
Dont have any of those could you send a couple my way I will test them out and report back ...
Old Feb 16, 2012, 05:16 PM
Champagne Supernova
Joined Jul 2010
1,906 Posts
Quote:
Yeh you punch the throttle and she wants to nose over right there...I can do it over and over and get a rocking effect with throttle management. She wants to lurch/push down instead of forward...
Old Feb 16, 2012, 05:35 PM
Joined Jul 2005
1,008 Posts
Quote:
Yeh you punch the throttle and she wants to nose over right there...I can do it over and over and get a rocking effect with throttle management. She wants to lurch/push down instead of forward...
would you be able to provide us with a video?? not that we dont believe you just wanna see it. what you think? moving the gear up about an inch?
Old Feb 16, 2012, 06:03 PM
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2010
1,555 Posts
Quote:
A method I use with a big Cessna I have is to hold it by the tail and throttle up to whenever it's starts trying to pull away. Then give a nice gentle shove from the tail your holding and off it goes. Works every time but without holding on first it will just nose over no matter what.
FlyWW1 is offline Find More Posts by FlyWW1
Old Feb 16, 2012, 06:47 PM
Champagne Supernova
Joined Jul 2010
1,906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWW1 View Post
A method I use with a big Cessna I have is to hold it by the tail and throttle up to whenever it's starts trying to pull away. Then give a nice gentle shove from the tail your holding and off it goes. Works every time but without holding on first it will just nose over no matter what.
Yeh we do that with a couple other warbirds at the field now. Some of them u have no choice on grass.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 06:51 PM
Champagne Supernova
Joined Jul 2010
1,906 Posts
Quote:
would you be able to provide us with a video?? not that we dont believe you just wanna see it. what you think? moving the gear up about an inch?
Roger that. I will charge the key fob cam and try and get a video. Yes if you take a look the gear is about 1" back from the LE of the wing. I believe if they we're even with the LE or a tad forward of the LE it would be better.