HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 03, 2012, 01:35 AM
Couger/ merlin mavrick / goose
Joined Aug 2012
53 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hate2crash View Post
Thats great i was sure is was doable...i totalled my arttech corsair in a brick wall and slammed my 800mm FMS corsair into pavement within 10 mins last friday.... with gorilla glue,expoxy and ca and a few carbon rods and a new prop they are ready again...In my defense it was windy and i am new flying these planes...i had desent success a few days prior,but it was'nt gusty,we live and learn...Hopefully next time out i will have good flights...I also recieved my SU-26m Red one today...it looks very nice...i will wait untill i get better before i fly it though...
Thats great man , you will love it ! scaleguy911 and i are old friends and fly togethor all the time , he had about 3 months on the bixler and and went to the suhkoi with no problems! except maby landings because the bixler is a belly lander , hes doing great though and has 3 or 4 flights on it with no dirt naps! keep trying and youll be good to go in the wind ! it takes a little bit to get used to but by the sounds of it you are on the road to being a great pilot.
Kylejazz123 is offline Find More Posts by Kylejazz123
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 03, 2012, 01:48 AM
Joined Aug 2012
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hate2crash View Post
So you went from bixler right to this plane...basically all i have is 5 months of clouds fly and over fast glider flying....So how hard is this to get used to? I just recieved my plane today and it looks like a great solidly built model..thx
Yep! ive only been flying about 3 months now, The su flys great I think, Tracks nice, Tons of power, only downside is it likes to nose over when taxing on grass you have to hold full up elev for it to stay down! Just keep the rates down and you will be fine! its all about nerves!
scaleguy911 is offline Find More Posts by scaleguy911
Old Oct 03, 2012, 01:56 AM
Joined Aug 2012
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylejazz123 View Post
Thats great man , you will love it ! scaleguy911 and i are old friends and fly togethor all the time , he had about 3 months on the bixler and and went to the suhkoi with no problems! except maby landings because the bixler is a belly lander , hes doing great though and has 3 or 4 flights on it with no dirt naps! keep trying and youll be good to go in the wind ! it takes a little bit to get used to but by the sounds of it you are on the road to being a great pilot.
Damn Landings my last 2 were the best yet finally got the speed down! 6 flights now! no damage I love this plane (Keep in mind this my 2nd plane and my first was a Bixler) but this plane is awesome!
scaleguy911 is offline Find More Posts by scaleguy911
Old Oct 03, 2012, 04:02 AM
what ?!
France, Midi-Pyrénées, Tarbes
Joined Nov 2011
123 Posts
Thanks onwire, I'll have a look at what the guys from HK have in stock and try to find something nice..!!
Guiltz is offline Find More Posts by Guiltz
Old Oct 05, 2012, 07:28 PM
Joined May 2010
1,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaleguy911 View Post
Yep! ive only been flying about 3 months now, The su flys great I think, Tracks nice, Tons of power, only downside is it likes to nose over when taxing on grass you have to hold full up elev for it to stay down! Just keep the rates down and you will be fine! its all about nerves!
Thx...I agree its all about the nerves...If you think u will crash thats what will happen...
hate2crash is offline Find More Posts by hate2crash
Old Oct 05, 2012, 07:30 PM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Aug 2012
10 Posts
What rates and expo do you use? I haven't been flying long either and the nerves are definitely part of it but I can't seem to keep it from crashing hard and fatal. How much throttle do you use to cruise? I'm afraid I'm flying her too slow. Last time I cut power to see how she glides and she spiraled to an ugly death. I'm about to give up and go back to a trainer. :-(
lmdeagles is offline Find More Posts by lmdeagles
Old Oct 05, 2012, 11:04 PM
Joined Aug 2012
53 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmdeagles View Post
What rates and expo do you use? I haven't been flying long either and the nerves are definitely part of it but I can't seem to keep it from crashing hard and fatal. How much throttle do you use to cruise? I'm afraid I'm flying her too slow. Last time I cut power to see how she glides and she spiraled to an ugly death. I'm about to give up and go back to a trainer. :-(
are you just asking the thread in general ?
Old Oct 06, 2012, 02:58 AM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Aug 2012
10 Posts
Sorry, I'm new to the forum thing. I'll pm
lmdeagles is offline Find More Posts by lmdeagles
Old Oct 06, 2012, 04:15 AM
Joined Aug 2012
53 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmdeagles View Post
Sorry, I'm new to the forum thing. I'll pm

I dident mean it like that bro , just dident know who you were asking thats all. My rates are at 100 percent right now and no expo , thats just how i fly , my low rates are at 70 percent. i usally use those for landings to keep the plane more stable
Old Oct 06, 2012, 12:48 PM
www.allthatido.com
India, MH, Mumbai
Joined May 2006
121 Posts
I just love this plane. We just got the yellow one..here is the flying vid.

Dynam Sukhoi 26M (3 min 55 sec)
ankurkaul17 is offline Find More Posts by ankurkaul17
Old Oct 14, 2012, 12:14 PM
Joined May 2010
1,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankurkaul17 View Post
I just love this plane. We just got the yellow one..here is the flying vid.

http://youtu.be/keJYIuxTZIc
Nice video!
hate2crash is offline Find More Posts by hate2crash
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:29 AM
United States, CA, Carlsbad
Joined Apr 2012
660 Posts
Can I drop a 2650 30 c battery in this plane and run a 14 x10 prop?
TheMagician007 is offline Find More Posts by TheMagician007
Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:40 PM
Joined Apr 2012
660 Posts
Has anyone added winglets to this plane? If so, can you let me know how you went about it?
Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:49 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2009
386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Avllino View Post
Can I drop a 2650 30 c battery in this plane and run a 14 x10 prop?
Don't know why I didn't see this post a couple weeks ago.

If you're talking 4s with the stock ESC? I don't think so. My watt meter showed a 14x7 to be pushing it.
onewire is offline Find More Posts by onewire
Old Nov 28, 2012, 12:35 AM
Joined Apr 2012
660 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by onewire View Post
Don't know why I didn't see this post a couple weeks ago.

If you're talking 4s with the stock ESC? I don't think so. My watt meter showed a 14x7 to be pushing it.
Awesome! Thanks!!!