HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:09 PM
and Beyond
South Africa, WC, Hermanus
Joined Nov 2011
265 Posts
OK Dokey, CTSF, your big event is somewhat of the pass now. Judging by the lack of spontaneous post, I though it is best to promote Hermanus again. As Anton has mention, we are going up Rotary Way this weekend to invade the skies. I think Jakes is in; what about Jan, Charl, , Tokkie and the rest? Well, here is a teaser. Enjoy.....Jaco
Hermanus Slope Soaring Action (3 min 10 sec)
jacosadie is offline Find More Posts by jacosadie
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:35 PM
South Africa, WC, Cape Town
Joined Jul 2008
204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by African View Post
Cool, What about " one day " this weekend in Hermanus ! FPV on the slope !!
I now have a second Redbird model for our Slope Challenge this weekend and need cameras and pilots and a fun attitude ! Don , Tokkie and Charl from Cpt confirmed .
Ant
Sounds like fun wish I could be there this weekend. Unfortunately have plans already. I have all the FPV kit too would be great to stick it on the Redbird! Would definitely need OSD (on screen display). Its difficult to gauge the pitch and speed of the glider. The OSD will help with that.

I actually know the guy who made the video. Flown FPV with him a couple of times.
Ballsy is offline Find More Posts by Ballsy
Old Feb 14, 2013, 01:14 AM
Joined Jan 2013
166 Posts
Hermanus Rocks...... no wait, that's the name of my shop LOL Seriously the flying conditions in Hermanus rocks. Had my first experiance on the West slope this weekend and the lift was Huuuuge., Looks like there is always a place to fly. Never a dull moment. The best thing about Hermanus is not the site but the slopers. They share the skies with anybody that wants to fly. Their advice and assistance is freely given. Nice guys, nice views, soaring, what more can a person ask for? Find your way to Hermanus, drive up Rotary way and join us there. - Paul
Pawin is offline Find More Posts by Pawin
Old Feb 14, 2013, 11:24 AM
I'd rather be out sloping...
Joined Jan 2011
1,311 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacosadie View Post
OK Dokey, CTSF, your big event is somewhat of the pass now. Judging by the lack of spontaneous post, I though it is best to promote Hermanus again. As Anton has mention, we are going up Rotary Way this weekend to invade the skies. I think Jakes is in; what about Jan, Charl, , Tokkie and the rest? Well, here is a teaser. Enjoy.....Jaco
http://youtu.be/pJeDTmxCq8s
Once again, a cool vid, Jaco!

Cannot make it, have something on Sunday.

J.
Jak35 is offline Find More Posts by Jak35
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Jak35; Feb 15, 2013 at 01:10 PM.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 11:25 AM
Joined Jan 2011
1,311 Posts
Anyone flying at Red Hill tomorrow?

J.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 15, 2013, 11:31 AM
Christo le Roux
Muizenberg, Cape Town, South Africa
Joined Jul 2007
52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jak35 View Post
Anyone flying at Red Hill tomorrow?

J.
I'm there like a bear!

- Christo
diemanvanstaal is offline Find More Posts by diemanvanstaal
Old Feb 15, 2013, 01:03 PM
Joined Jan 2011
1,311 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by diemanvanstaal View Post
I'm there like a bear!

- Christo
Great, I'm busy charging the batteries!

Might do Red Hill in the morning and Hoogekraal in the afternoon. Will see how my time and servo replacing goes.

J.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Jak35; Feb 15, 2013 at 02:34 PM.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 03:06 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,401 Posts
batteries charging
TimBle is offline Find More Posts by TimBle
Old Feb 16, 2013, 08:15 AM
.....till the wind drops.
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Joined Oct 2006
3,520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacosadie View Post
OK Dokey, .........
Very niiice clip Jaco!!
Afcan having sooo much fun he's falling over his own feet!!
Koool guys!
Sean Oelofse is offline Find More Posts by Sean Oelofse
Old Feb 16, 2013, 10:04 AM
Joined Jan 2011
1,311 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Oelofse View Post
Very niiice clip Jaco!!
Afcan having sooo much fun he's falling over his own feet!!
Koool guys!

Hey Sean, we miss you!
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 16, 2013, 10:21 AM
.....till the wind drops.
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Joined Oct 2006
3,520 Posts
Sorry Jakfyfendertig!!...but you have been missled!!.....thats no fun!!....fun can be had on the slope!!
Sean Oelofse is offline Find More Posts by Sean Oelofse
Last edited by Sean Oelofse; Feb 16, 2013 at 10:22 AM. Reason: I miss you too!! ;-) ....dont let those Okes misslead you!
Old Feb 16, 2013, 11:14 AM
Joined Jan 2011
1,311 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Oelofse View Post
Sorry Jakfyfendertig!!...but you have been missled!!.....thats no fun!!....fun can be had on the slope!!
Oh man, we had great fun on the slopes today! Next time, make sure that you and Morne grab the opportunity to join us.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Jak35; Feb 16, 2013 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Maybe a bit "reckless" at times. ;) Sorry guys.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 12:47 PM
Joined Jan 2011
1,311 Posts
Rebels mini slope tour. :)

During a Correx Imp build, I heard a rumour of some bicycle that needs to be fetched from Cape Town. This morning at 05H42 I received an MMS of a GPS with coordinates to Red Hill from the Panda. While waiting for Jim and Bakkie to arrive, I had a good view of Kevin flying in the distance trying to out maneuver one of the locals, but every time Kevin thought he escaped, the bird just folded his wings in and dived like a bullet. People driving by, probably thought I was crazy sitting there laughing all by myself. (one of those great memories not filmed).

When Jim and Bakkie arrived, we were joined by Cagecat and we all went for a quick fix and sloped some Big Air with the TOSS guys. The wind was humping and we were cooking. A "mid-air" between Bakkie and myself took one aileron push rod out from my MB339. I carried on flying, but the roll rate felt sluggish and decided to land and repair. We had great fun flying with the TOSS guys, but had to get going because the Rebels were on a tight schedule.

Thanks TOSSers for letting us invade your airspace. Pitty we could'nt stay longer. An hour later, we rocked up at Hoogekraal to find the air space filled with planes. The wind was perfect onto the slope and we had 2 hours of great fun! Short, but intense. A bit "reckless" at times, but great! And therefor did not take many pics. Jan has taken some GoPro, but Bakkie ran out of "film" at Red Hill. Can't wait to see what they captured. The best parts were imprinted in our memories. The day was ended off with a nice bite at Albertos in Durbanville. Thanks Jim! Hope you find your bicycle. Nice flying with you guys again. Have a safe trip back.

Jakes
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 16, 2013, 11:13 PM
and Beyond
Joined Nov 2011
265 Posts
Thanks for all the compliments re Video. It encourages to do more.

@Jakes, Nice pictures, it looks like you guys did as much traveling as flying yesterday. Crowds everywhere! It's nice to see that the slopes flying is really taking off. We had a bunch of CPT guys here in Hermanus as well. I'll post some pics later today on the Hermanus thread.

I see there is a secret mission on happening! -- Jaco
jacosadie is offline Find More Posts by jacosadie
Old Feb 18, 2013, 04:24 PM
When the wind blows
Joined Jul 2012
463 Posts
We are having another get together in Hermanus , 1 March . Redbird challenge possibly , we just had to much fun last weekend to try anything else . Such a pity Bakkie and Jim won't be there , we had so much fun we thought we were 14 years old , well I certainly did .
Thanks for the visit guys , come back soon .
Ballsy are you coming ! Bring any camera gear with if you do ! We were 5 guys from Cpt , 2 from PE , 1 from Germany and 7 locals ! What a turn out ! 15 boys !
Charge , repair and prepare , the wind is there .
Ant
African is offline Find More Posts by African