HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by reddyrightnow, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 01, 2012, 05:46 PM
Joined Jun 2009
103 Posts
Trader Rating: 21
Sold
HPI Racing Savage RTR w/Kawasaki KFX 700 ATV Body (RTR)

Readiness: RTR
Condition: New in Box
Why Selling: Moving on.
Willing to Trade: No
Item Description: $375 OBO

This is an E-Savage NEW, with red Quad Body and rider RTR, Never ran! Opened box, tested everything and put it back in the box. Shipped with delivery confirmation. harris.red42@yahoo.com

Key Features
* 2 High-Power 550 motors
* (2) 7.2V straight battery packs
* transmitter and prepainted and trimmed body
* High-capacity Twin Plate Slipper Clutch
* High power speed control
* Durable twin vertical aluminum chassis plates
* Ball Bearings throughout
* Long stroke oil-filled shock and double wishbone suspension
* Twin GT550 14.4V Electric Motors
* Twin Plate Slipper Clutch

Here's what HPI says about it:
The E-Savage is the newest way to experience the fun and excitement of our "Proven Tough" Savage Monster Trucks. From entry level beginners to frequent racers, this is an excellent choice for all off-road enthusiasts. The all new chassis design was inspired by the time tested durability of our Savage line. Additionally, the balanced symmetrical layout, AWD drivetrain and awesome power of twin 14.4V GT550 electric motors give this Savage excellent performance on or off road.
reddyrightnow is offline Find More Posts by reddyrightnow
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2012, 05:57 PM
Heli and Car Addict
Woodland Hills, CA
Joined Jan 2008
3,478 Posts
Trader Rating: 28
As an owner of one of these (minus the rider body), I love it.

It's the perfect truck for a beginner- the two GT550s are fast, the stock ESC supports an extra cooling fan if you want to go crazy, and if you combine this truck with kershawdesigns' 700HO, then you've got a gnarly truck on your hands.

Mine is now converted to Brushless with a Medusa 3300kV with a Mamba Max, a bank of caps, and have upgraded from there.
rawfuls is offline Find More Posts by rawfuls
Old Feb 01, 2012, 08:05 PM
Joined Jun 2009
103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawfuls View Post
As an owner of one of these (minus the rider body), I love it.

It's the perfect truck for a beginner- the two GT550s are fast, the stock ESC supports an extra cooling fan if you want to go crazy, and if you combine this truck with kershawdesigns' 700HO, then you've got a gnarly truck on your hands.

Mine is now converted to Brushless with a Medusa 3300kV with a Mamba Max, a bank of caps, and have upgraded from there.
Thanks for the info. If it doesn't move I may take your advice. Hows the stability with the extra power?
Old Feb 01, 2012, 10:03 PM
Heli and Car Addict
Woodland Hills, CA
Joined Jan 2008
3,478 Posts
Trader Rating: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddyrightnow View Post
Thanks for the info. If it doesn't move I may take your advice. Hows the stability with the extra power?
It does get tippy since it's short wheelbase and short stance, however there are aftermarket parts to make it into one of the best basher trucks.

The TVP design to me is pretty solid, haven't had a single issue, although after a pretty gnarly crash, bent one of my plates significantly, straightened it on the vice, popped it back on and was ready to roll.

If the stability is a huge issue (touchy controls), get extended TVPs with extended arms. It will then into a Savage X more or less, but with aluminum.

I can send you a few links to more info if you PM me, don't wanna fill up your sale thread.

Nevertheless, it's great fun. It's been with me since day 1, and has always been my successful backup truck.
rawfuls is offline Find More Posts by rawfuls
Old Feb 04, 2012, 12:34 PM
Joined Jun 2009
103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawfuls View Post
It does get tippy since it's short wheelbase and short stance, however there are aftermarket parts to make it into one of the best basher trucks.

The TVP design to me is pretty solid, haven't had a single issue, although after a pretty gnarly crash, bent one of my plates significantly, straightened it on the vice, popped it back on and was ready to roll.

If the stability is a huge issue (touchy controls), get extended TVPs with extended arms. It will then into a Savage X more or less, but with aluminum.

I can send you a few links to more info if you PM me, don't wanna fill up your sale thread.

Nevertheless, it's great fun. It's been with me since day 1, and has always been my successful backup truck.
Thanks again for the tips. I'm gonna keep it.
Closed Thread