|Feb 01, 2012, 06:38 PM|
Joined Nov 2011
"Worlds Grandest Jet Event" / Jets Over Kentucky 2012
"Worlds Grandest Jet Event"
Jets Over Kentucky Week July 8-15-2012
AMA SANCTION / 12-0472
Jets Over Kentucky Week will offer even more excitement for 2012. Uninterrupted flying for our pilots the entire week. Flying will begin each day at 8:00am and conclude at darkness. All flying will be done from the main runway (5000 ft). Sponsored by Jet Central for 2012 are two "Big Tops" (40X200) next to the main taxiway (600ft). The additional 80ft in each tent will be available as rental space, therefore eleminating the need for smaller tents on the taxiway. Each of these additional spaces will be offered as 10X40 (front to rear) reserved near the front, offering plenty of choices for individual needs. Pilots needing more space can rent as many sections as they need. If the entire 10X40 is not needed, each pilot is free to split the 250.00 cost with anyone willing to share. Pilots who rented space last year, will have first preferance for the 10X40 slots (8 to 10 degrees cooler than smaller tents). Anyone needing tents with sides, will have to rent the usual 40X40 and ect. (not on the taxiway). The remaining 120ft of the "Big Tops" will still be available as free pilot space for pre-registered pilots, with 2011 attendees having their same place. We have plenty of space for all, so those new to the event shouldn't worry. Pop up tents are also welcome, and will be placed perpendicular to the east side Big Top in the grass area. No pop tents will be allowed on the taxiway or inbetween the Big Top Tents and the runway. Vendors Row like last year is perpendicular to the west Big Top (grass area). Thanks to Wren Turbines, we'll have additional free pilot space in the new 40X100 tent located in the grassy area west of the taxiway. Wren has rented five (5) 10X40 spaces. They will use two of the slots, and donate the other three as free pilot space.
Even more prizes, awards, and surprises for our pilots this year! A "Jet Central Surprise", Four JR Radios, Donated Kits and Accessories, money (50-50 drawing), Friday Night Dinner (free to registered pilots), Saturday Night Awards Dinner (again only 10.00 per person), 28 awards, Parade of Lights, Fireworks, T-28 Special, Fighter Jet Showdown, Sport Jet Showdown, Mass Habu Launch,and much more!
Special Thanks to the City of Lebanon, Ky and the Lebanon Tourist & Convention Commission
DVD / Blu-Ray Jets Over Kentucky 2011 Now Available.
The official Jets Over Kentucky DVD is available now. Click on the Video Trailer for a peek at the
"Worlds Grandest Jet Event".
$19.99 for DVD and $21.99 Blu-Ray
Reserve your rooms now! Rooms are expected to go very quickly! The Hampton is only 4 miles south of the airport. There are plenty hotels available for the event...the longer you wait...the longer the drive.
The Hill House B&B is approximately 13 miles from the airport. This is a gorgeous b&b with themed rooms. The Hill House is not listed on our Web site but you can get all the info at http://www.thehillhouseky.com/.
Myrtledene Bed & Breakfast is about 4.5 miles from the airport and Holly Hill Inn is about 5 miles from the airport.
520 Fairway Dr.
Pre-Registration-50.00, On Site registration-60.00 (must register by June 1st to keep your reserved tent space from last year) Regular Pre-registration deadline June 25th.
Make all checks payable to... Jets Over Kentucky
Registration for juniors (16 and under) is 25.00. Download the form and send it in. There is no provision for juniors to register online.
►From Centre Square, drive north on KY 55/Spalding Ave. 4.5 miles to Airport Lane.
►Turn right onto Airport Lane and the Lebanon-Springfield Airport is straight ahead.
**Find directions to Lebanon from your town under the About Us tab!
Centre Square is the visitor center in downtown.
Lebanon-Springfield Airport - Manager - Jim Tucker
650 Airport Lane
FAA INFORMATION EFFECTIVE 17 DECEMBER 2009
FAA Identifier: 6I2
Lat/Long: 37-38-00.5170N / 085-14-30.6170W
37-38.008617N / 085-14.510283W
37.6334769 / -85.2418381
Elevation: 866 ft. / 264.0 m (surveyed)
Variation: 03W (1990)
From city: 3 miles S of SPRINGFIELD, KY
Time zone: UTC -5 (UTC -4 during Daylight Saving Time)
Zip code: 40069
Update---2012 Awards list to date...
Sponsors For Jets Over Kentucky Awards / 2012
1. Future Young Superstar (15 or younger) =====Boli Muentes
2. Vernon Kramer "Award Of Excellence=======Jet Central
3. Engineering Excellence================Jet Central
4. Best Sport Jet======================Jet Central
5. Top Gun==========================Global Jet Club
6. Pilots Choice=======================Global Jet Club
7. Rookie Of The Year===================Global Jet Club
8. Best Military Performance-1=============Robart Mfg.
9. Best Military Performance-2=============Robart Mfg.
10. Special Recognition (Gong Award)=========Jim McEwen
11. Johnny Hernandez Memorial=====Knight Walker Productions Inc.
12. Best Craftsmanship===================Fly Eagle Jets
13. Best Lights / Turbine==================ElectroDynamics
14. Best Sport performance================King Tech Turbines
15. Best Military Jet-!=====================Details For Scale
16. Best Military Jet-2=====================Jackie Sacks
17. Best Civilian Jet=======================Wren Turbines
18. Most Flights==========================Wren turbines
19. Special Recignition====================Wren Turbines
20. Best Electric Sport Jet==================Bob Violett Models
Open Sponsorships...8 Available
Best Electric Scale Jet
3 / Special Recognition
Sport Jet Challenge===Sportsman
Sport Jet Challenge===Masters
Note: 2011 Sponsors have first choice to retain their sponsorships for 2012
Awards are 75.00 each. Contact Lewis Patton for information...
|Feb 01, 2012, 06:42 PM|
Joined Nov 2011
Jets Over Kentucky Week Sponsors 2012
Jets Over Kentucky Official Sponsors For 2012
Platinum Plus=== Cash and prizes of 4,000 or more in donations.
Platinum======= " " " 3,000 to 3,999 "
Gold======= " 2,000 to 2,999 "
Silver====== " 1,000 to 1,999 "
Bronze======== " " " 100 to 999 "
1. Platinum Plus=Jet Central==Excitement At The Auction (you won't be disappointed)!!!!!!!
Two 40X200 Big Tops==Friday Night Pilots Dinner
2. Platinum=========Horizon Hobby=========Four JR Radios...
(Donations and Purchases)
3. Platinum==Fly Eagle Jets==3000.00 In Prizes TBD
4. Platinum=====Bob Violett Models====TBD===Pilot Prizes
5. Platinum===Global Jet Club===== F9F Panther, VELOX XL, or L39===Pilot Prizes.
6. Platinum======Shulman Aviation===TBD====== Pilot Prizes.
7. Gold===ElectroDynamics=======Vast selection of pilot prizes
8. Gold=Century Jet Models=======TBD======Pilot Prizes
9. Gold==Robart Mfg==Zap Glue / Accessories=Pilot Prizes
10. Gold=======Wren Turbines======40X50 Pilot Tent / Prizes
11. Bronze=======Jackie Sacks======Awards
12. TBD=========King Tech Turbines=Awards
|Feb 01, 2012, 06:45 PM|
Joined Nov 2011
Update / Sport Jet Challenge / Jets Over Kentucky Week
1. John Redman
2. Raul Lozano
1. Boli Muentes
2. Chris Redman
3. "Lucky Pierre"
4. Dave Bottita
5. Jake Bottita
Sport Jet Challenge
An instructional video of both schedules will be posted soon. I will stick fly both sequences for clarification.
2. Two reverse outside loops (roll inverted/push through two loops)
3. Immelman Turn
4. Slow Roll
5. Double Immelman
6. Top Hat with 1/2 rolls
7. Four Point Roll
9. Figure M with 1/4 Roll Humpty Bumps (model pulls to vertical / two 1/4 rolls in upline / pulls over the top /
two 1/4 rolls in downline / then same sequence on the 2nd half of M / Exit maneuver.
10. Reverse Knife Edge
2. Three Inside loops
3. Three Horizontal Rolls
4. Immelman Turn
5. Four Point Roll
6. Straight Inverted Flight
7. Slow Roll
8. Cobra Roll
9. Humpty Bump (no rolls)
|Feb 06, 2012, 05:28 PM|
Joined Nov 2011
Air Conditioning at Jets Over Kentucky Week !!!!!!!!
There will be an air conditioned 40X40 tent near the flight line that will be air conditioned. The weather is usually hot, and this will be a welcomed addition to the "Worlds Grandest Jet Event"! The event wil bear the cost of this most important addition, but we are willing to have a sponsor!
Any interested vendor should contact me ASAP!
Any banners, merchandise, or ect. in this area can only be those of the the sponsorer of the "Hospitality Tent". The sponsorer also has reservations for the "Hospitality Tent" each year thereafter.
It will certainly be nice to cool down just before that exciting flight!
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Discussion||Jets Over Kentucky Week 2012 Dates||jeteye||Jet Turbines||0||Dec 10, 2011 08:37 PM|
|For Sale||Jets Over Kentucky DVD / BluRay Video||JIMinKENTUCKY||Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W)||0||Oct 01, 2011 06:37 PM|
|Video||Jet Legend L-39 Jets Over Kentucky 2011||JIMinKENTUCKY||Fuel Plane Talk||0||Sep 04, 2011 04:13 AM|
|Sold||Jets Over Kentucky DVD / BluRay Video||JIMinKENTUCKY||Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W)||8||Aug 15, 2011 01:05 AM|
|Discussion||FYI Jets over Kentucky Event||Robert Belluomini||Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk||0||Jun 22, 2009 04:33 PM|