HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:42 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
6,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
On binding did you disconnect the tail linkage and manually move the arm?

You have a 50% chance of getting the right one on your first attempt

If the vibes get worse you guessed wrong.
Unless you overshot the other way. It can be confusing.
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:45 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
6,305 Posts
I was flying today and the motor quit for about a second. Never did it again. I checked the battery connectors, battery status, motor connectors. All seemed good. Anyone experience this? It was surprisingly un-dramatic... the heli just gently sank a little. But... not a good thing to have happen in general!
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:12 PM
United States, CA, Rancho Cordova
Joined Jan 2011
3,660 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
I was flying today and the motor quit for about a second. Never did it again. I checked the battery connectors, battery status, motor connectors. All seemed good. Anyone experience this? It was surprisingly un-dramatic... the heli just gently sank a little. But... not a good thing to have happen in general!
Oh great, nice to hear that I just ordered one. I have a bunch of helis450s and 500 and just recently built a align Trex 250pro DFC. I was looking at the 7200bx(I think it is)for my 500 or the 250. When I saw the price had come down on the complete heli, I had to get it. Besides, I've wanted a 300x since they came out. I had a problem deciding on the 250dfc or the 300x so now I'll see.
Got the frame braces also, yeah, I read back a few posts.
Now if the 300x blades are the same as the old ones I have left over from my Walkera1#a, I'm set for blades. If I beat the heli up to much, then I'll put the bx in one of the other helis.
barnstorm100 is offline Find More Posts by barnstorm100
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:48 AM
United States, GA, Newnan
Joined Aug 2010
1,089 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 View Post
I know I have posted this 3 or 4 times, but Ultimate Hobbies has it for $289. They have the 450x for $400.
I got all y'all all beat...I picked up a new one from a 'retail establishment' for $275+tax...I'd been on the fence for a while, but when HH dropped the price and added the $20 batt, boom, I was in

Been having fun w/ the 130X but DANG that thing is small...takes a microscope and tweezers to work on it

Hoping the 300X will be a compatible lil sister to my 450X...what do y'all think??
poiyt is online now Find More Posts by poiyt
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:08 AM
United States, CA, Rancho Cordova
Joined Jan 2011
3,660 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by poiyt View Post
I got all y'all all beat...I picked up a new one from a 'retail establishment' for $275+tax...I'd been on the fence for a while, but when HH dropped the price and added the $20 batt, boom, I was in

Hoping the 300X will be a compatible lil sister to my 450X...what do y'all think??
Mine was total of $319.
Ulimate hobbiesSubtotal: $289.99
Shipping: $8.95
Taxes: $23.20
Total: $322.1
I live in CA, don't think I got an extra battery
I guess the main gear is the same on 300 and 450.
You must not have a mCPx hahaha
barnstorm100 is offline Find More Posts by barnstorm100
Last edited by barnstorm100; Jan 31, 2013 at 08:14 AM.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:40 AM
Pen
FPWhat?
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Sep 2008
1,612 Posts
Quote:
Yep, fine tuning tail balance is not an exact science. I started with about a 1/2 inch piece of scotch tape and was able to tell the vibes got worse on first blade I tried. Moved it to the other blade and it got better but vibe was still very evident. I think I put 4 pieces on or about 2" of tape before it was minimized. I pulled all the tape off and redid the balancing from scratch a couple of times to verify. There is a bit of art to it but it's easy enough. Much easier than balancing ceiling fan blades. This method will get a 130X pretty smooth as well.
Pen is offline Find More Posts by Pen
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 31, 2013, 09:13 AM
Billy
Australia, NSW, Newcastle
Joined Jun 2012
314 Posts
Do you only need to balance the blades if they don't weigh the same?

Are you balancing for weight or CG of the tail blades???
Billz_01 is offline Find More Posts by Billz_01
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:02 AM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,225 Posts
Quote:
Start with smaller pieces
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:23 AM
Pen
FPWhat?
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Sep 2008
1,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billz_01 View Post
Do you only need to balance the blades if they don't weigh the same?

Are you balancing for weight or CG of the tail blades???
I threw mine on a scale for reference and the two tail rotor blades weighed the same with no tape added. My brand new 300X had a tail vibe out of the box that caused a bad right drift so I removed the tail blades to weigh them. I reinstalled them on my brand new Blade 300X and still had the bad tail vibe. I guessed at adding tape/weight to one blade till vibes were minimized and heli then flew great with no more right drift. I did not reweigh the blades after adding tape but I am quite confident they are no longer the same weight.
Pen is offline Find More Posts by Pen
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:28 AM
Billy
Australia, NSW, Newcastle
Joined Jun 2012
314 Posts
Fair enough. I'll keep that in the memory bank. ty...
Billz_01 is offline Find More Posts by Billz_01
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:36 AM
Joined Apr 2011
1,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen View Post
I threw mine on a scale for reference and the two tail rotor blades weighed the same with no tape added. My brand new 300X had a tail vibe out of the box that caused a bad right drift so I removed the tail blades to weigh them. I reinstalled them on my brand new Blade 300X and still had the bad tail vibe. I guessed at adding tape/weight to one blade till vibes were minimized and heli then flew great with no more right drift. I did not reweigh the blades after adding tape but I am quite confident they are no longer the same weight.
Sounds like a design flaw in this heli. This is the first heli. I have bought that has these tail vibe problems.
I recently bought a new 130X. It also has tail vibe problems.
These are the first 2 Blade heli's I have owned, and so far I'm not impressed.
clearprop88 is offline Find More Posts by clearprop88
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:45 AM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,225 Posts
It is not a design flaw, on equally balanced blades the cg difference is causing vibes due to an unequal pitch between the two. By adding weight you are effectively changing the pitch of one blade to match the other, even with the weight difference.

If it is not CG, it would be you have one distorted blade with no way to adjust the pitch angle of the blade separately

In either case it is a blade pitch issue caused by defect, damage, cg or weight in the plastic tail blade
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by indoorheli; Jan 31, 2013 at 10:51 AM.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:48 AM
Joined Apr 2011
1,214 Posts
Quote:
It is not a design flaw, on equally balanced blades the cg difference is causing vibes due to an unequal pitch.
OK. I may be jumping to conclusions. I'll try the recommended remedies, and I'm sure I'll get the vibes out.
Thanks for your help.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:30 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,385 Posts
Quote:
It is not a design flaw, on equally balanced blades the cg difference is causing vibes due to an unequal pitch between the two. By adding weight you are effectively changing the pitch of one blade to match the other, even with the weight difference.

If it is not CG, it would be you have one distorted blade with no way to adjust the pitch angle of the blade separately

In either case it is a blade pitch issue caused by defect, damage, cg or weight in the plastic tail blade
I agree. There is no design flaw. Mine flew beautifully out of the box and continues to do so nearing 100 flights.
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:02 AM
Joined Apr 2011
1,214 Posts
I installed a new tail rotor shaft, and new bearings. That cured the vibration problem in the tail. I checked the tail blade balance by wieght to .01g, and they were right on.
I like the tail box, very easy to work on. I have the stock plastic tail.
So far so good.
What upgrades should I look at?