HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 26, 2012, 08:09 PM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,404 Posts
Blade 300X Helicopter

here's Hamish Scott Flying the new Blade 300X Flybarless Helicopter at the Australian F3B nationals Lunch Break, this heli is stock out of the box and as your see Hamish puts it through it's paces, like most of us just dream about. Hamish is one of South Australia's best young heli pilots and when you watch this your agree i'm sure.
Being a small heli and Hamish flying it like it's on steroids it is hard to keep the camera up with him, so this is best viewed full screen and in HD, do your self a favour and take the time to watch it in HD

cheers chuck

PS don't forget to check out my other video of Hamish flying the new 450X now thats fully sic

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...525691&page=10

Blade 300X Helicopter (4 min 4 sec)
ChuckTseeker is offline Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Last edited by ChuckTseeker; Mar 26, 2012 at 08:29 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 27, 2012, 06:29 AM
Slowly but Shirley
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Jan 2009
1,553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTseeker View Post
here's Hamish Scott Flying the new Blade 300X Flybarless Helicopter at the Australian F3B nationals Lunch Break, this heli is stock out of the box and as your see Hamish puts it through it's paces, like most of us just dream about. Hamish is one of South Australia's best young heli pilots and when you watch this your agree i'm sure.
Being a small heli and Hamish flying it like it's on steroids it is hard to keep the camera up with him, so this is best viewed full screen and in HD, do your self a favour and take the time to watch it in HD

cheers chuck

PS don't forget to check out my other video of Hamish flying the new 450X now thats fully sic

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...525691&page=10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbFHHI0-Gfc
Hey Thank you Chuck this is a good teaser. Best regards.
segroegt is offline Find More Posts by segroegt
Old Mar 28, 2012, 06:46 PM
United States, MI, Shelby Township
Joined Mar 2011
171 Posts
[QUOTE=ChuckTseeker;21151556]here's Hamish Scott Flying the new Blade 300X Flybarless Helicopter

Hey Chuck,

Thanks for the "preview"...you have (with this video ) peaked my interest soooo much!!! I'm so excited to get my hands on this heli.....although I couldn't dream of flying like that!!! I'm hoping my "pre-Order" is delivered quickly!!!

Regards,
J.
jimmiedac is offline Find More Posts by jimmiedac
Old Mar 31, 2012, 07:22 PM
Canada, SK, Prince Albert
Joined Aug 2006
683 Posts
Its almost April!!!

fairplane is offline Find More Posts by fairplane
Old Apr 01, 2012, 01:40 AM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,204 Posts
I heard that it in some shop that it might be near the end of April even beginning of May.
clicky is offline Find More Posts by clicky
Old Apr 01, 2012, 06:59 PM
Joined Mar 2011
171 Posts
300 X Release Date

Given my past experiences with Blade branded products I'm inclined to believe the release will be in early May ....if it comes out earlier I'll be pleasantly surprised...

Regards,
J.
Old Apr 03, 2012, 09:13 PM
Joined Oct 2011
868 Posts
Parts Availability / Cost / Third Part Parts

What Blade proprietary gear are you locked in to? Presumably we hope that the RX / FBL Controller unit performs like a champ and doesn't need replacement.

What about motor, servos, swashplate, rotor head, blades, and canopies, for starters? Have Blade made any of this stuff proprietary by design to this heli?

...also, the landing gear, tail strut, and rotors have to go. And I hope there will be options available to give the chopper some canopy personality...?
syzygyQ is online now Find More Posts by syzygyQ
Old Apr 04, 2012, 01:55 AM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,204 Posts
RX/FBL is fantastic. It looks like that other stuff are separates and can be replaced easily. Also, I believe that Blade did good selection and unless you want cutting edge, 5 times as expensive you would be quite OK with 'stock' stuff.

Kit itself (excluding blades, although not sure how soon you'll be able to find other blades of same size) is as every other - unique and designed by Blade so you'll need to take their parts to fix it. And I don't expect it to be cheap (one of the main reasons I didn't rush pre-ordering one of the helis straight away - was close though! LOL )

Other details like landing skids you will be able to find alternatives quite quickly (I can already see people using, oversized 450, Gorilla gears for 'stability')

Also, I'm sure aftermarket companies will kick in and offer metal head and tail replacements, and who knows what else...
clicky is offline Find More Posts by clicky
Old Apr 04, 2012, 01:07 PM
United States, FL, Boynton Beach
Joined Aug 2011
392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by syzygyQ View Post
What Blade proprietary gear are you locked in to? Presumably we hope that the RX / FBL Controller unit performs like a champ and doesn't need replacement.
I've had the Blade 450 X for a week, before that I had the Blade 450 3D. The AR7200BX is amazing! It completely transforms the heli into another bird. I'm assuming we'll all be very happy with this unit on the 300X. Although, I'm not a fan of combining two functions into one unit.

Quote:
...also, the landing gear, tail strut, and rotors have to go. And I hope there will be options available to give the chopper some canopy personality...?
There's already tons of options listed under the 'Hop-ups' section of this page including aluminum parts, canopies and tail blades. Unfortunately, the canopies look like something my dog puked up.

As for the landing gear. I love the Blade 400 (not 450) landing gear and have stocked up before they run out everywhere. Here's a picture what they look like on my old SR before I sold it. It will probably look very similar on the 300x I love it but that's obviously subjective.

- Larry
lkagan is offline Find More Posts by lkagan
Old Apr 04, 2012, 01:56 PM
Joined Oct 2011
868 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clicky View Post
RX/FBL is fantastic. It looks like that other stuff are separates and can be replaced easily. Also, I believe that Blade did good selection and unless you want cutting edge, 5 times as expensive you would be quite OK with 'stock' stuff.

Kit itself (excluding blades, although not sure how soon you'll be able to find other blades of same size) is as every other - unique and designed by Blade so you'll need to take their parts to fix it. And I don't expect it to be cheap (one of the main reasons I didn't rush pre-ordering one of the helis straight away - was close though! LOL )

Other details like landing skids you will be able to find alternatives quite quickly (I can already see people using, oversized 450, Gorilla gears for 'stability')

Also, I'm sure aftermarket companies will kick in and offer metal head and tail replacements, and who knows what else...
I see what you're saying. The 300 X is reeally filling a niche at the right time. Just a bit smaller than 450, making it more of a park flyer, but still big enough to take moderate breezes in stride. Authentic mid sized CP FBL with BeastX. Parts a bit pricey, but not to the extent of being impossible if you've prioritized helis as your hobby.

I'm feeling the pull. May ... not ... be ... able ... to ... resist....
Old Apr 04, 2012, 02:01 PM
Joined Oct 2011
868 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkagan View Post
I'm assuming we'll all be very happy with this unit on the 300X. Although, I'm not a fan of combining two functions into one unit.

There's already tons of options listed under the 'Hop-ups' section of this page including aluminum parts, canopies and tail blades. Unfortunately, the canopies look like something my dog puked up.

As for the landing gear. I love the Blade 400 (not 450) landing gear and have stocked up before they run out everywhere.
I am also not a fan of combining functions in one unit, but exceptions can be made for gear that is good overall. I generally like to get as much metal and carbon fibre and as little plastic as possible: it looks like there'll be options from the beginning, and as you say third party providers will likely show up once the 300X hits the market, assuming that it will be a success.

For landing gear, I like SuperSkids. I'm sure that their 400 class skids will fit onto the 300X just fine.
Old Apr 04, 2012, 03:29 PM
Joined Mar 2011
171 Posts
Quote:
For landing gear, I like SuperSkids. I'm sure that their 400 class skids will fit onto the 300X just fine.
I agree that SuperSkids are an excellent alternative to the standard LG. The 400 size may be too large but we'll have to see. I'm thinking that the 250 size will work just fine and not look overwhelming.....regardless I'm quite certain that alternate parts will be available from a variety of sources....

Regards,
J.
Old Apr 04, 2012, 11:18 PM
EDF Junkie
Pacific Northwest
Joined Oct 2007
1,496 Posts
While awaiting the 300 I decided I must have a new heli NOW! Picked up the 450 X at the LHS 2 days ago (very nice to skip the agonizing wait for a new product BTW). The 450 X is a sweet looking machine. It will certainly keep my interest until the 300 X is released. If the 450 X is the example you are going to love the 300 X when you get it.

The thing that concerns me is all the talk I see on Rcgroups and Helifreak about taking the 300 out to the park. One guy actually said he was looking forward to the 300 vs. the 450 because if it got away from him there would be less risk of injury to people and pets. Wow! If one of these get away there shouldn't be any people or pets anywhere close that could be injured! Please think safety first for yourself and others.

I'm extra conservative but I don't fly anything bigger than the mCPx at a public park. Why? Because I have people and dogs come up to, around and past me like I'm not even there! It's crazy. I had a guy and his 3 kids start a football game 30' in front of where I was standing a few weeks ago. Even though they are idiots I'm going to be the bad guy if one of them are hit so I pack up my mCPx and head home. I don't even want to think about the confrontation if I hit someones kid with one of these. I know how I would feel if someone hit me or my kid with one. I can come back another day until there is an accident in town and R/C is banned from all local parks.
NwRcFlight is offline Find More Posts by NwRcFlight
Last edited by NwRcFlight; Apr 05, 2012 at 01:37 AM.
Old Apr 05, 2012, 07:59 AM
Orlando, Fl
Joined Jan 2008
1,490 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwrcflight View Post
while awaiting the 300 i decided i must have a new heli now! Picked up the 450 x at the lhs 2 days ago (very nice to skip the agonizing wait for a new product btw). The 450 x is a sweet looking machine. It will certainly keep my interest until the 300 x is released. If the 450 x is the example you are going to love the 300 x when you get it.

The thing that concerns me is all the talk i see on rcgroups and helifreak about taking the 300 out to the park. One guy actually said he was looking forward to the 300 vs. The 450 because if it got away from him there would be less risk of injury to people and pets. Wow! If one of these get away there shouldn't be any people or pets anywhere close that could be injured! Please think safety first for yourself and others.

I'm extra conservative but i don't fly anything bigger than the mcpx at a public park. Why? Because i have people and dogs come up to, around and past me like i'm not even there! It's crazy. I had a guy and his 3 kids start a football game 30' in front of where i was standing a few weeks ago. Even though they are idiots i'm going to be the bad guy if one of them are hit so i pack up my mcpx and head home. I don't even want to think about the confrontation if i hit someones kid with one of these. I know how i would feel if someone hit me or my kid with one. I can come back another day until there is an accident in town and r/c is banned from all local parks.
+1.
jhroof is offline Find More Posts by jhroof
Old Apr 05, 2012, 03:56 PM
Joined Mar 2011
171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NwRcFlight View Post
While awaiting the 300 I decided I must have a new heli NOW! Picked up the 450 X at the LHS 2 days ago (very nice to skip the agonizing wait for a new product BTW). The 450 X is a sweet looking machine. It will certainly keep my interest until the 300 X is released. If the 450 X is the example you are going to love the 300 X when you get it.
I too must admit that am very poor at waiting for products to be released and did as well purchase a 450 X. I am very impressed with the heli and it makes me even more eager to get my hands on the 300 X. Despite the size of the 450 X it is very well behaved in the air. The 300 X should hopefully be the same.but in a smaller package....can't wait...