TurboRacer is offline Find More Posts by TurboRacer
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 13, 2012, 01:30 PM
United States, FL, Boynton Beach
Joined Aug 2011
392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexperience View Post
Has anyone had the esc shutdown on them? i was hovering at about 2 feet and it lost all power. I was still at 4v on the battery.
I had this issue on the 450X. It turned out to be a faulty internal BEC on the ESC. I implemented a really inexpensive solution that also leads to better reliability. More details are in this post on the 450X forum.
lkagan is offline Find More Posts by lkagan
Old Nov 13, 2012, 08:51 PM
United States, RI, Smithfield
Joined Dec 2011
744 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
+100!!

I do the same, and I have also piled her in tail-first at high speed a number of times with very little damage. I think that everyone should start out learning to use TH even on their FP trainers. It is far easier to get in the habit of using TH right away - rather than having to unlearn the bad habit of cutting the throttle in a crash after months or years of reinforcing the incorrect response.

So, the entire heli shut down - including the rx & servos? Also - 4 volts would be about 5V below instant death for a 3s pack. LVC should have kicked in at 9V or higher. Did you mean 4V/cell?

Joel
I admit, I didn't hit TH since I was literally skids down and a puff of wind just pushed the bird to the left just enough so the tail blades brushed some sod. Did NOT come into contact with the ground etc. I've heard of guys with the 130x have A gear strip from hitting grass when landing. Maybe you guys are just lucky LOL.

Tom
d2tw4all is offline Find More Posts by d2tw4all
Old Nov 13, 2012, 08:54 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
8,052 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by d2tw4all View Post
I admit, I didn't hit TH since I was literally skids down and a puff of wind just pushed the bird to the left just enough so the tail blades brushed some sod. Did NOT come into contact with the ground etc. I've heard of guys with the 130x have A gear strip from hitting grass when landing. Maybe you guys are just lucky LOL.

Tom
No... not lucky. I always land on pavement.
erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:50 PM
devIAtion..one TX to bind them
Canada, ON, Georgina
Joined Aug 2011
1,103 Posts
Hi all. Thanks for the repiles. Yes i was at 4v per cell. it was just like the throttle hold came on. Luckily it only 2 feet in the air. Once it was down i put throttle down and then it was ok after that but i didnt fly thw rest of the pack.

I will low hover a couple of packs and check temperatures.
Hexperience is online now Find More Posts by Hexperience
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:58 AM
Beating air into submission!
Joined Aug 2011
1,855 Posts
Subscribed. Picked up my 300x yesterday, but it is raining here for the next few days so won't be able to try it out until the weather improves.
GrahamWilson is offline Find More Posts by GrahamWilson
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:27 AM
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Sep 2008
59 Posts
Loss of power

Quote:
Hi all. Thanks for the repiles. Yes i was at 4v per cell. it was just like the throttle hold came on. Luckily it only 2 feet in the air. Once it was down i put throttle down and then it was ok after that but i didnt fly thw rest of the pack.

Mine has done the same thing, I just sent it in for repair and they sent a whole new 300X. The last few batterys I ran through it,I stayed in a hover at around two feet high and the first batttery it did it three times. each time it would act as if the throttle hold had been turn on and with in 30 seconds it would go back to the power settimg that the stick was at. I tried to move up to it and see if anything was working, but it would turn on before I could see. I would lift up again and hover and with in a minite it would do it again. The next battery it ran fine for the entire battery. 3rd battery it did it again 2 times. I recharged the battery that it ran fine on and tried again and it stopped just like the other times. Thats when I sent it in. I just got it back in, but I don't know if I;m going to fly it Know. I have my 130X flying soo good and it's the perfect size for the frount yard.
Allen
Sun flyer is offline Find More Posts by Sun flyer
Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:10 AM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,460 Posts
Quote:

Yeah that's basically what happened to mine. It really did seem like BEC failure, but I don't know how to check the brown-out condition on the AR7200BX and so I didn't look at what it was doing after. I do not think I had control when the thing was going down, but it's hard to tell. I did have control back right away though after the crash.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Nov 16, 2012, 05:57 PM
Is getting old...
Canada, Saskatchewan, Saskatoon
Joined Jan 2008
1,192 Posts
Received my turnigy lipos, they fly good.

Two packs through it and no crash or anything. Flying good- other than some fast tail wags in FFF or going from FF/FFF to kind of a stall turn.Turn the gain down a bit and the tail blows out on light pitch pumps/loops. I'm at about 71 gain.

Thoughts?

Edit: Also, wow, this ar7200bx is damn sensitive- quite amazing. I had it resting on the center console of the truck, truck was running (need heat- she's cold out!), and the thing wouldn't do it's final dance- tried a new battery, still the same. Turn truck off, because I'm getting warm. Then the thing initializes. Cool!
quadracer111 is offline Find More Posts by quadracer111
Last edited by quadracer111; Nov 16, 2012 at 06:04 PM.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 07:41 PM
Is getting old...
Joined Jan 2008
1,192 Posts
Speaking of landings- I landed in a bit of snow, which I thought the ground was level under it.. Turns out it wasn't, heli leaned a bit. Rotors didn't hit. Butthole pucker moment though
Old Nov 17, 2012, 12:31 AM
Heli Mad
Australia, VIC, Elsternwick
Joined Feb 2002
985 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadracer111 View Post
Received my turnigy lipos, they fly good.

Two packs through it and no crash or anything. Flying good- other than some fast tail wags in FFF or going from FF/FFF to kind of a stall turn.Turn the gain down a bit and the tail blows out on light pitch pumps/loops. I'm at about 71 gain.

Thoughts?

Edit: Also, wow, this ar7200bx is damn sensitive- quite amazing. I had it resting on the center console of the truck, truck was running (need heat- she's cold out!), and the thing wouldn't do it's final dance- tried a new battery, still the same. Turn truck off, because I'm getting warm. Then the thing initializes. Cool!
What happens in bin heading hold mode and have you setup the servo end point travel limits?
stevebarrow is offline Find More Posts by stevebarrow
Old Nov 17, 2012, 12:32 AM
Heli Mad
Australia, VIC, Elsternwick
Joined Feb 2002
985 Posts
That should have been. In non heading hold mode...
stevebarrow is offline Find More Posts by stevebarrow
Old Nov 17, 2012, 12:03 PM
Is getting old...
Joined Jan 2008
1,192 Posts
Yeah. I do the beast x setup after every rebuild.

Is the 7200 like some other gyros? Under x value is rate mode and above x is hh?
Old Nov 17, 2012, 08:58 PM
RC Keeps Me Sane
United States, NJ, Carlstadt
Joined Sep 2005
1,488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadracer111 View Post
Yeah. I do the beast x setup after every rebuild.

Is the 7200 like some other gyros? Under x value is rate mode and above x is hh?
Yes, blue light is HH red is rate. The letter tells you about how much + or - gain you have.
DanBo3D is offline Find More Posts by DanBo3D
Old Nov 18, 2012, 03:25 PM
Is getting old...
Joined Jan 2008
1,192 Posts
Redid the 7200 setup again and it holds good in normal flight mode, wags in idle up though.

Edit: I'm a numb nuts.. Forgot I had gyro set to f. Mode, gain was different (higher) in idle up
Last edited by quadracer111; Nov 18, 2012 at 03:46 PM.