HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 04, 2012, 03:49 PM
United States, MI, Shelby Township
Joined Mar 2011
123 Posts
I'm very excited to see this bird "in the flesh" ...I sure the servos will be fine for the first flight "out of the box" ....but I would agree that the plastic gears will be a concern....I'm just thinking that by the time the servos are a problem I will have replaced a majority of the parts with aftermarket goods ...and the servos...

Regards,
J.
jimmiedac is online now Find More Posts by jimmiedac
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 04, 2012, 04:57 PM
Slowly but Shirley
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Jan 2009
1,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiedac View Post
I'm very excited to see this bird "in the flesh" ...I sure the servos will be fine for the first flight "out of the box" ....but I would agree that the plastic gears will be a concern....I'm just thinking that by the time the servos are a problem I will have replaced a majority of the parts with aftermarket goods ...and the servos...

Regards,
J.
Now that is the spirit if you want more finesse. Best Regards.
segroegt is online now Find More Posts by segroegt
Old Mar 04, 2012, 07:37 PM
Lifetime Member
Providence, RI, USA
Joined Dec 1996
2,592 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by animan9 View Post
They could have shaved 25-30 bucks of the price of the heli by not including the Battery Charger. Most folks flying this class of heli would have their own, and prefer their own charger anyways. Another charger that probably won't see the light of day.

That being said, I am looking forward to this one!
The battery charger probably adds $5 to the price
JohnM is offline Find More Posts by JohnM
Old Mar 06, 2012, 11:06 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
19,470 Posts
I might have to sell my MCPx and GCP (Devo 6) combo And buy one of these if it is well recieved.
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Mar 10, 2012, 05:21 PM
Joined Mar 2011
123 Posts
Pro's and Cons

I'm very excited about this Heli but I'm also and interested in the new Blade 450X...I've not wanted to go as big as a 450 size Heli but this one is available right now!!!!!.....it has the same little "Beastie" controller but my focus is flying in my front/back yard....I'm thinking a 450 is just too big for that...maybe I should forget the 300X and the 450X and put a Beast AR7200BX and a FBL head in my T-Rex 250 and get on with it....

J.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 08:19 PM
Canada, SK, Prince Albert
Joined Aug 2006
639 Posts
Hopefully only one more month to wait Just got my extra batteries!!!
fairplane is online now Find More Posts by fairplane
Old Mar 16, 2012, 01:30 AM
Making Stock Fly Like Modified
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Oct 2009
2,219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiedac View Post
I'm very excited about this Heli but I'm also and interested in the new Blade 450X...I've not wanted to go as big as a 450 size Heli but this one is available right now!!!!!.....it has the same little "Beastie" controller but my focus is flying in my front/back yard....I'm thinking a 450 is just too big for that...maybe I should forget the 300X and the 450X and put a Beast AR7200BX and a FBL head in my T-Rex 250 and get on with it....

J.
It depends on how big your yard is, a 450 may look huge in your hands compared to an micro mcp-x, but 20 feet high and 20 feet away in 15mph winds it will dissapear into the void of the sky . The light plastic 300 size is nice if you have a smaller yard I suppose, but if its as small as my yard, then theres nothing like a micro CP helo. In most cases bigger and slightly heavier is better for wind stability though.

And generally the calm days of the 5mph breeze are long gone it seems, as everytime I go to fly outside there are 15-20mph gusty winds where I live. I fly a 450 FL with 3 axis stab and as long as you keep the heli moving at speed its manageable in those kinds of winds, but it gets real small real quick out in the open. The 450 @ 768g AUW tends to let the wind catch the rotors and make the heli pitch up unless you keep the nose pointed down and are flying into the wind. Just somethings to consider, I was flying today and wishing I had a 600/700 so it would just be planted in the air.

Some of us may benifit to see an "Average/Intermediate" pilot fly this thing in 20mph winds in an urban park setting without a zoom lens to get a real idea of what it flies/looks like in the air. Not just a pro in the dead of calm desert valley doing a fun fly routine. Thats the reality after the "get you wet video" LOL. Im sure U-Tube will be filled with them soon if not already some sneak previews from HH reps scattered arcoss the world.

Regardless Enjoy and Have fun with whatever you fly! Its a very lucky time to be in the hobby and start out with a Beast-X on the back of an affordable mini heli, thats for sure.
HeliFlyer711 is offline Find More Posts by HeliFlyer711
Old Mar 16, 2012, 11:58 AM
Joined Mar 2011
123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFlyer711 View Post
Some of us may benifit to see an "Average/Intermediate" pilot fly this thing in 20mph winds in an urban park setting without a zoom lens to get a real idea of what it flies/looks like in the air. Not just a pro in the dead of calm desert valley doing a fun fly routine.
I couldn't agree more! I like the "Average Guy" videos just because I'll never be able to do what a pro can do with a heli. I can flip my mCPx over and fly around a bit backwards, but upside down and nose-in makes my brain hurt Unfortunately the little guy (mCPx) just gets visually lost sometimes and I'm thinking something a bit larger than my "250" would be good in the yard or small park. In addition I am totally intrigued by the notion of 3-axis stability and a FBL Head. Having that in one "fly-out-of-the-box" package is very compelling since I had a heck of a time putting together my "250" (old eyes and fumbly-fingers)....
Old Mar 16, 2012, 03:38 PM
Fairfield County, Connecticut
Joined Dec 2009
819 Posts
Will people be converting the battery connector on this? And if so, to what?

Ben
Benf207 is offline Find More Posts by Benf207
Old Mar 17, 2012, 02:19 AM
Joined Aug 2006
639 Posts
I believe it is coming with EC3 connectors which are supposed to be quite good. I will be just installing these on my new batteries

QUOTE=benboy207;21054050]Will people be converting the battery connector on this? And if so, to what?

Ben[/QUOTE]
Old Mar 17, 2012, 08:53 AM
Now you see it...
United States, KY, Henderson
Joined Feb 2006
446 Posts
I've always liked and used ec3 but every now and then you find a tight one that needs to be changed. The one on my 450 3d is a prime example.
ehskds is offline Find More Posts by ehskds
Old Mar 17, 2012, 11:33 AM
Joined Mar 2011
123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by benboy207 View Post
Will people be converting the battery connector on this? And if so, to what?

Ben
I'm thinking that if you chop off the connector it might compromise the warranty .....so before you go hacking away you might wait till the warranty expires....and at that point you may have grown to love the EC3 connector....
Old Mar 17, 2012, 03:33 PM
Joined Aug 2006
639 Posts
Its gotta be tight to be good

QUOTE=ehskds;21059842]I've always liked and used ec3 but every now and then you find a tight one that needs to be changed. The one on my 450 3d is a prime example.[/QUOTE]
Old Mar 18, 2012, 09:47 PM
Fairfield County, Connecticut
Joined Dec 2009
819 Posts
Will this be capable of doing auto rotations?

Ben
Benf207 is offline Find More Posts by Benf207
Old Mar 18, 2012, 10:42 PM
Australia, NSW, Meadowbank
Joined Nov 2010
193 Posts
If I recall, it doesn't come with a one way bearing so no autos.
ecenshu is online now Find More Posts by ecenshu