SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 25, 2012, 08:44 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,954 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbi View Post
When I compare it to my Walkera V450D01, there really is no comparison. CF frame on the Walkera, need I say more?

Is it better or Walkera v450d01 Blade 300x.
I would like to know, is very important, thanks.
Contribute their opinion, please.[/QUOTE]

I think you're posting trolling in the wrong thread. This is a Blade 300X thread. It is not a Walkera vs. Blade thread.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 25, 2012, 10:37 AM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPlaneChris View Post
There's already an aftermarket upgrade to eliminate the frame flex:

http://astroid-designs.myshopify.com...n-frame-braces

I've got them on mine and it adds remarkable rigidity to the upper frame. Highly recommended!

Chris
Whoops missed a bit when i was typing from my phone...... I meant an aftermarket frame. I know Dylan offers the stiffeners (among many other great products) but I would like a better frame without flex in the front and the back. I really liked the 300x flight characteristics so hopefully soon there is a revision or a nice upgraded frame like some companies offer for smaller blade helis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2tw4all View Post
My 130x had horrible tail vibes when I first got it, moving to the boca bearings and metal A gear and it's perfect now. Got the titanium slider because if you sneeze too closely to the tail slider pin it snaps off.

Tom
Not too bad on my my last Align it needed all new tail bearings.
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Oct 25, 2012, 06:33 PM
Is getting old...
Canada, Saskatchewan, Saskatoon
Joined Jan 2008
1,192 Posts
Heli's flying great after the rebuild. Except I had to lower my gyro gain a little bit over the manuals suggested 77, had some wag.

Only issue is when I switch into idle up the heli tilts right like I'm giving it lots of right cyclic, like my trim is out. Something is wack in the beast x setup? Flies fine in normal mode, can't replicate the issue in throttle hold on ground.
Thoughts?
quadracer111 is offline Find More Posts by quadracer111
Old Oct 25, 2012, 06:52 PM
Is getting old...
Joined Jan 2008
1,192 Posts
Nvm, I'm an idiot.

Canopy was catching on ball link She's flying just as good (if not better) than day one.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 08:04 PM
United States, RI, Smithfield
Joined Dec 2011
742 Posts
Ordered some Sky Lipo 3S 1300mah 40C batteries for this baby. Had flights 2 and 3 today, sweaty hands on this one compared to when I fly my nanocpx and mcpx (and even my 130x). This thing is in a whole new realm and is very intimidating. I definitely need to fly this in a more open area than I'm used to flying the micro's. VERY stable though, and super responsive!

Tom
d2tw4all is offline Find More Posts by d2tw4all
Old Oct 26, 2012, 08:56 AM
www.rctodayshow.com
Austin, TX
Joined Sep 2005
11,505 Posts
Hang in there, Tom. Some day you'll look at the 300X as "cute and friendly" like I do!
Oh, and good choice with the Sky packs. I'm using those in mine, they rock.

Chris
JustPlaneChris is online now Find More Posts by JustPlaneChris
Old Oct 26, 2012, 09:26 AM
Joined Dec 2011
742 Posts
Quote:
Hang in there, Tom. Some day you'll look at the 300X as "cute and friendly" like I do!
Oh, and good choice with the Sky packs. I'm using those in mine, they rock.

Chris
Thanks for the encouragement. I'm hopeful that those packs will work well, I fly their larger batteries in my planes and have always had good luck with them.

I'm sure the time will come when the 300x is a kitten especially as I build my fleet out on the larger end. I've just been flying micros so much that I'm used to bashing them around, which is NOT possible with the bigger ships. Bad habits I guess! LOVE that nanocpx though...

Tom
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:12 PM
www.rctodayshow.com
Austin, TX
Joined Sep 2005
11,505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by d2tw4all View Post
LOVE that nanocpx though...

Tom
Oh man, me too. I've been beating the tar out of mine in the front yard and street and it just keeps coming back for more.

Chris
Old Oct 26, 2012, 03:40 PM
Joined Dec 2011
742 Posts
Quote:
Oh man, me too. I've been beating the tar out of mine in the front yard and street and it just keeps coming back for more.

Chris
Absolutely, I have SO many parts for it and I've broken a lot, but nothing too serious and it's SO easy to fix. Did a new main frame on mine in like 10 minutes. Takes a beating though, I like it so much I bought a 2nd one!

Tom
Old Oct 26, 2012, 08:02 PM
Can't get enough
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,288 Posts
After my stock tail servo died I installed align servos from the 250 pro. I cannot get rid of the bad tail wag. It has like 4 flights on it and has sat for months. I got so frustrated I gave up. I love my 130s. Might try again to figure it out. I even tried adjusting the belt.

J
jabsten is offline Find More Posts by jabsten
Old Oct 26, 2012, 09:49 PM
www.rctodayshow.com
Austin, TX
Joined Sep 2005
11,505 Posts
Tail wag is almost always either gain related, or a mechanical issue. It could also be that the Align servos need different frequency settings in the BeastX.

Binding in the tail slider assembly, too high gain setting in in the transmitter, an incorrect ball position on the servo arm, or some combination of all three is the likely cause.

Chris
Old Oct 26, 2012, 10:19 PM
Is getting old...
Joined Jan 2008
1,192 Posts
When adjusting gain, how much should a person go at once?
Old Oct 27, 2012, 09:56 AM
www.rctodayshow.com
Austin, TX
Joined Sep 2005
11,505 Posts
I usually adjust in 5 point blocks until I get it close, then 1 or 2 at a time. Keep in mind that a gain that works for hovering may wag pretty badly when you start pushing it in fast forward or backward flight.

Chris
Old Oct 27, 2012, 11:51 AM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
I start by changing by 3 at a time but also have it tied to a 3 point switch when adjusting. To really test the gain as mentioned above you really need to push the heli such as reverse loops/hard circuits and such
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Oct 27, 2012, 11:58 AM
Joined Apr 2010
35 Posts
Sorry about the 300X price vs 130X typo in the title

I was just trying to point out a great price on the 300X. Haven't seen anyone selling them at $320, wanted to let any of you potential buyers out there.

Although I do think Walkera is much more innovative and has better helis, it was not an advertisement for Walkera. I have 18 helis now, about 1/2 Blades, and 1/2Walkera. All blade is doing is "following" in the footsteps of Walkera. For example, Blade FOLLOWED Walkera into the FBL micro genre. Walkera did it first with the all-in-one RX/3 axis gyro.

And I'll pit my V120D01S against a Blade 130X any day of the week. Nothing like a smooth, vibration free spool up.

Blade is a trend follower, not a trend setter like Walkera.

The only reason I bough a Blade 300X is because of the BeastX Rx. You get the heli for about $80.
northernsky is offline Find More Posts by northernsky