Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 24, 2012, 05:11 PM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2010
35 Posts
Blade 130X for $319 at AMDRAW

Hey guys, I hope I am not being redundant posting a Blade 300x sale price of $319 at AmpDraw. Almost every other retailers are going the full $379! $60 dollars less, now THAT is a fair price for the 300X. The BeastX gyro/3-axis Rx is running about $240. That puts the cost of the helicopter itself at $80!
A lot money saved that you could put towards spare parts, or say like CF Blade upgrades. I had to grab one before the price goes back up. Oddly enough, there is NO discount on the Blade 130X...they're asking the full $279. THAT is the heli they should be heavily discounting, so you can buy MicroHeli, Rakon or even Walkera tail parts to make the poor quality built heli run properly...no insane, damaging vibrations.
I tell you, my Walkera helis just seem to beat out Blades in almost every way. They are less expensive, better parts, no vibration issues out of the box. Metal heads, Blade goes plastic, brushless motors, etc. I have a Blade 450 X for example $500 to most people, I got it at AMDRAW again, for just over $400, another fantastic price from them. When I compare it to my Walkera V450D01, there really is no comparison. CF frame on the Walkera, need I say more?
northernsky is offline Find More Posts by northernsky
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 24, 2012, 05:21 PM
Registered User
United States, RI, Smithfield
Joined Dec 2011
742 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by northernsky View Post
Hey guys, I hope I am not being redundant posting a Blade 300x sale price of $319 at AmpDraw. Almost every other retailers are going the full $379! $60 dollars less, now THAT is a fair price for the 300X. The BeastX gyro/3-axis Rx is running about $240. That puts the cost of the helicopter itself at $80!
A lot money saved that you could put towards spare parts, or say like CF Blade upgrades. I had to grab one before the price goes back up. Oddly enough, there is NO discount on the Blade 130X...they're asking the full $279. THAT is the heli they should be heavily discounting, so you can buy MicroHeli, Rakon or even Walkera tail parts to make the poor quality built heli run properly...no insane, damaging vibrations.
I tell you, my Walkera helis just seem to beat out Blades in almost every way. They are less expensive, better parts, no vibration issues out of the box. Metal heads, Blade goes plastic, brushless motors, etc. I have a Blade 450 X for example $500 to most people, I got it at AMDRAW again, for just over $400, another fantastic price from them. When I compare it to my Walkera V450D01, there really is no comparison. CF frame on the Walkera, need I say more?
Umm you put 130x in the subject...
d2tw4all is offline Find More Posts by d2tw4all
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2012, 05:22 PM
Registered User
TurboRacer's Avatar
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
1,745 Posts
Mr postman just delivered!



Just waiting for a pinion!!
TurboRacer is online now Find More Posts by TurboRacer
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2012, 05:24 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
6,959 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by northernsky View Post
Hey guys, I hope I am not being redundant posting a Blade 300x sale price of $319 at AmpDraw. Almost every other retailers are going the full $379! $60 dollars less, now THAT is a fair price for the 300X. The BeastX gyro/3-axis Rx is running about $240. That puts the cost of the helicopter itself at $80!
A lot money saved that you could put towards spare parts, or say like CF Blade upgrades. I had to grab one before the price goes back up. Oddly enough, there is NO discount on the Blade 130X...they're asking the full $279. THAT is the heli they should be heavily discounting, so you can buy MicroHeli, Rakon or even Walkera tail parts to make the poor quality built heli run properly...no insane, damaging vibrations.
I tell you, my Walkera helis just seem to beat out Blades in almost every way. They are less expensive, better parts, no vibration issues out of the box. Metal heads, Blade goes plastic, brushless motors, etc. I have a Blade 450 X for example $500 to most people, I got it at AMDRAW again, for just over $400, another fantastic price from them. When I compare it to my Walkera V450D01, there really is no comparison. CF frame on the Walkera, need I say more?
I think your title has got a typo. Also, all of the Blades you discuss have BL motors.
$320 is a great price for the 300x. I found one for that while I was visiting in Oregon and bought two, one for me and one for a bud.
erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2012, 05:44 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
turboparker's Avatar
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,527 Posts
Hmmm.....wondering how that post turned into a Walkera ad. Oh - now I get it. It was a Walkera ad from the beginning!

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 24, 2012, 06:26 PM
2 seconds from crashing
indoorheli's Avatar
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by northernsky View Post
Oddly enough, there is NO discount on the Blade 130X...they're asking the full $279. THAT is the heli they should be heavily discounting, so you can buy MicroHeli, Rakon or even Walkera tail parts to make the poor quality built heli run properly...no insane, damaging vibrations.
Do you own and fly the 130x? If you did and flew it compared to the walkera equivalent I am surprised at your decision It is much better than all my 120 revisions I have had from walkera (I have owned many). All of mine out of the box with a quick once over ran as they should but I guess i was lucky
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2012, 07:21 PM
Registered User
BuzzBomber's Avatar
Newton, NJ
Joined May 2003
1,884 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadracer111 View Post
Woo. Horizon parts came in. In a few hours my new heli will no longer be a few ziploc bags full of parts.

Along with the new esc, landing gear, and frame, they sent me feathering shafts too.

<3 HH.

Don't think i'll be putting her up in the air anytime soon though. This was yesterday morning, and then we received an extra 20cm on top of that, and it's still snowing atm.

Ack
Better you than me! We had a solid foot of snow on the ground just about this time last year and took the kids trick-or-treating in it, once was enough!
BuzzBomber is offline Find More Posts by BuzzBomber
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2012, 07:25 PM
Registered User
United States, RI, Smithfield
Joined Dec 2011
742 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
I think your title has got a typo. Also, all of the Blades you discuss have BL motors.
$320 is a great price for the 300x. I found one for that while I was visiting in Oregon and bought two, one for me and one for a bud.
Knowing hobby store owners can pay, I paid 299 for mine ;-)

Tom
d2tw4all is offline Find More Posts by d2tw4all
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2012, 07:27 PM
Registered User
United States, RI, Smithfield
Joined Dec 2011
742 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
Do you own and fly the 130x? If you did and flew it compared to the walkera equivalent I am surprised at your decision It is much better than all my 120 revisions I have had from walkera (I have owned many). All of mine out of the box with a quick once over ran as they should but I guess i was lucky
130x is nice, but agreed on the shoddy tail, had to replace the A gear with the metal upgrade and get the titanium pitch slider from microheli as well as boca bearings for the whole ship before I felt it was "right".

LOVE this 300 though, amazingly precise!!!

Tom
d2tw4all is offline Find More Posts by d2tw4all
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2012, 07:44 PM
2 seconds from crashing
indoorheli's Avatar
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
None of mine have really needed anything. I upgraded to an hp08s on one and might upgrade the swash and pitch slider...but not really needed. Compared to all my 120s I have had through the years even if I had tail issues with the 130 imho it flys much better.

I loved my 300 but got rid of it do to link rub against the motor bell. HH couldn't tell me why mine rubbed and most don't. Ill get another when there is an aftermarket upgrade or a v2 with no frame flex.
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2012, 08:27 PM
www.rctodayshow.com
JustPlaneChris's Avatar
Austin, TX
Joined Sep 2005
11,493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
I loved my 300 but got rid of it do to link rub against the motor bell. HH couldn't tell me why mine rubbed and most don't. Ill get another when there is an aftermarket upgrade or a v2 with no frame flex.
There's already an aftermarket upgrade to eliminate the frame flex:

http://astroid-designs.myshopify.com...n-frame-braces

I've got them on mine and it adds remarkable rigidity to the upper frame. Highly recommended!

Chris
JustPlaneChris is online now Find More Posts by JustPlaneChris
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:14 PM
Is getting old...
quadracer111's Avatar
Canada, Saskatchewan, Saskatoon
Joined Jan 2008
1,192 Posts


Yay, no longer pile of parts. Relocated rx ala 450x style. No more spool up vibe either. Tightened jesus bolt up too much and cracked the tail main gear Ca'd it for now, hobby shop doesn't have one. Ergh, will have to order new one now. Bolt is still tight though. I'm sure it will hold for now. Will wait to fly until my cf blades show up anyways.

Also, beast x setup was very easy once I actually read the manual.
quadracer111 is offline Find More Posts by quadracer111
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:19 PM
Registered User
United States, RI, Smithfield
Joined Dec 2011
742 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
None of mine have really needed anything. I upgraded to an hp08s on one and might upgrade the swash and pitch slider...but not really needed. Compared to all my 120s I have had through the years even if I had tail issues with the 130 imho it flys much better.

I loved my 300 but got rid of it do to link rub against the motor bell. HH couldn't tell me why mine rubbed and most don't. Ill get another when there is an aftermarket upgrade or a v2 with no frame flex.
My 130x had horrible tail vibes when I first got it, moving to the boca bearings and metal A gear and it's perfect now. Got the titanium slider because if you sneeze too closely to the tail slider pin it snaps off.

Tom
d2tw4all is offline Find More Posts by d2tw4all
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2012, 07:21 AM
You down with EPP?
johnnyrocco123's Avatar
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,673 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPlaneChris View Post
There's already an aftermarket upgrade to eliminate the frame flex:

http://astroid-designs.myshopify.com...n-frame-braces

I've got them on mine and it adds remarkable rigidity to the upper frame. Highly recommended!

Chris
Amazing that those little pieces would make a big difference.

Note: I lowered my pitch curve, kept it linear, and all my bogging and tail blowout issues went away.

I was right, I can't set blade pitch accurately on this little heli.
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2012, 08:21 AM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2012
17 Posts
When I compare it to my Walkera V450D01, there really is no comparison. CF frame on the Walkera, need I say more?[/QUOTE]



Is it better or Walkera v450d01 Blade 300x.
I would like to know, is very important, thanks.
Contribute their opinion, please.
Robbi is offline Find More Posts by Robbi
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale Trex 700E FBL BeastX BNF 1600$ Shipped trevjonez Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 Aug 15, 2011 08:04 PM
For Sale Outrage 550 FBL W/BeastX BNF KenM Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 2 Jul 09, 2011 07:20 AM
Found BeastX FBL controller Hellsiege Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Jan 28, 2011 02:24 PM
Sold BeastX, Spektrum Satellite, BeastX Satellite Adapter, 450 Sport FBL Head NovaCX12 Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 Jan 22, 2011 08:07 AM
Sold Microbeast BeastX FBL unit NEW never used Z06 Tony Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Dec 07, 2010 05:23 PM