HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 15, 2012, 12:28 PM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadracer111 View Post
I did.. Was coming in for a landing at 3.5 minutes, hovered for 30 seconds prior to the 3.5 minutes. Figured I could easily do it since I flew it idle up for 5 minutes last time.
Ahh. That sucks.
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 15, 2012, 12:33 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,138 Posts
Quote:
Yeah, just the eflight. It served me fine for the two prior packs of just FF and a couple loops/rolls. Have to stock up on some ~1300's.
They can die off quickly too. But I haven't heard of them failing that fast! BTW, I get 6 minutes of FF in stunt mode 1 (valley throttle curve) with Nano-tech 1300's. I put 1000 back in pretty consistently.

Do you have a charger that can do a discharge and track voltage/amperage? It would be interesting to see the current amperage delivery and capacity and the voltage it's able to hold.
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Oct 15, 2012, 12:35 PM
Is getting old...
Canada, Saskatchewan, Saskatoon
Joined Jan 2008
1,192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
They can die off quickly too. But I haven't heard of them failing that fast! BTW, I get 6 minutes of FF in stunt mode 1 (valley throttle curve) with Nano-tech 1300's. I put 1000 back in pretty consistently.
Yeah.. it was literally like a brick. Makes sense though, lets let a $350 heli fall from the sky to save a $12 lipo

I do, but I lost the usb setup for the charger so I don't think i can keep track. Been a long time since I played with this stuff, recently got back into it and have been dusting everything off.
quadracer111 is offline Find More Posts by quadracer111
Old Oct 15, 2012, 12:40 PM
Joined Dec 2010
7,138 Posts
Quote:
Yeah.. it was literally like a brick. Makes sense though, lets let a $350 heli fall from the sky to save a $12 lipo

I do, but I lost the usb setup for the charger so I don't think i can keep track. Been a long time since I played with this stuff, recently got back into it and have been dusting everything off.
That's a real bummer. What a crummy re-introduction. Sorry. And, how much would it have cost them to put an over-riding clutch on the main gear so you can save your bacon??
Old Oct 15, 2012, 01:00 PM
Is getting old...
Joined Jan 2008
1,192 Posts
Called horizon, said it definitely shouldn't have fallen from the sky like that. Offered to either send me a new frame, landing gear, and esc, or let me send in the whole heli.. Being that I like working on my own stuff and the heli is already in 200 pieces I took the first offer (not to mention I don't wait to wait months to get the thing back).

Hopefully the lhs has frame and gear in stock, id love to get flying now instead of waiting two-three weeks for this stuff to come in (probably be snowing by then). I'll just have to be sure to land early, in case it is an actual esc issue and not a freak accident.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 01:55 PM
Heli Mad
Australia, VIC, Elsternwick
Joined Feb 2002
972 Posts
Good to hear horizon are helping out.
stevebarrow is offline Find More Posts by stevebarrow
Old Oct 15, 2012, 08:31 PM
www.rctodayshow.com
Austin, TX
Joined Sep 2005
11,499 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
That's a real bummer. What a crummy re-introduction. Sorry. And, how much would it have cost them to put an over-riding clutch on the main gear so you can save your bacon??
An autorotation clutch really won't do much good on a heli this size. Even experts have trouble pulling off a successful auto on 450 size or smaller helis, so I'm not fussed at all that the 300X doesn't have one.

Glad to hear Horizon is helping out. Did they have anything to say about a "slow down" option for LVC on the stock ESC?

Chris
JustPlaneChris is online now Find More Posts by JustPlaneChris
Old Oct 15, 2012, 08:56 PM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2011
369 Posts
This is why I like to use voltage alarms. Flight times can change for any reason over time but the alarm will always track what the battery is doing. That doesn't excuse this issue to be sure, but unless I have to I try and avoid timers.
C6Silver is offline Find More Posts by C6Silver
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:00 PM
Is getting old...
Joined Jan 2008
1,192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPlaneChris View Post
An autorotation clutch really won't do much good on a heli this size. Even experts have trouble pulling off a successful auto on 450 size or smaller helis, so I'm not fussed at all that the 300X doesn't have one.

Glad to hear Horizon is helping out. Did they have anything to say about a "slow down" option for LVC on the stock ESC?

Chris
They said there should be a noticeable decrease in power. I was doing flips and rolls in idle up 10 seconds prior to it going down. In idle up it should have cut the head speed by an obvious amount. I know what a soft lvc is like and that wasn't it.

Maybe mine was programmed wrong? Not sure. Need to get a programable voltage alarm and set it to 3.4v or so.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:20 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
I doubt that they had a hard cut off pre-programmed on a non programmable helicopter esc. I always flew for around 5 minutes or more on 100% throttle with the stock batteries. Good they are sending you a new esc.
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:27 PM
Joined Dec 2010
7,138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPlaneChris View Post

Chris
I know a controlled landing would be highly unlikely. But it could be a little less brick-like and do less damage. Some drag is better than terminal velocity.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:36 PM
Is getting old...
Joined Jan 2008
1,192 Posts
I think it's programmable, just not when plugged into the beast x rx?
Old Oct 15, 2012, 11:45 PM
Flying addicted and lovin it!
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2010
2,664 Posts
Learning 3D Flight Vid

Quadracer, sorry bout the crash but glad HH is stepping up for you. Love their CS!

I have actually only gotten about 5 or 6 flights in with this bird so far, as I have been spending as much of the last bits of summer I can at the flying field flying planes. (Plan to fly the 300X a ton this winter.)

I did get out and grab some video of a couple flights tonight. Decided to practice some FLIPS and a couple with hesitation in inverted hover. This thing flies GREAT. No tail blow outs like the mCPX. Still getting over the "fear factor" but really enjoying this larger size bird.

I will load up a second video, this time un-editted 4 min flight, with some more flips and even a bit of inverted hover, though everything is still done quite a ways up, as I am just trying to learn this whole 3D heli thing.

Take care all, and thanks for all the tips on here, sure makes a person more confident trying new things.

Marlin

Blade 300 X - Learn to Fly Mild 3D - Part 1 (3 min 42 sec)
Fish99 is online now Find More Posts by Fish99
Old Oct 17, 2012, 03:47 AM
Joined Oct 2012
802 Posts
E Flite 320H motor specs

I have searched online but cannot find the dimensions for this motor. Can someone tell me what the diameter and shaft diameter is? Weight? I am planning to use it with another 300 size heli if possible, and am limited by a 24mm motor diameter requirement, and a 7.4V 2 cell setup.
Thanks in advance!
Lentar is offline Find More Posts by Lentar
Old Oct 17, 2012, 09:52 AM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,756 Posts
help

Anyone know what I should check?

Everything during flight seems to be fine, rolls are good, inverted flight is stable.

....but when I pull straight down on the elevator (tight loop) the heli is all shaky throughout the flip????
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123