HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Aug 29, 2012, 01:09 PM
2 seconds from crashing
indoorheli's Avatar
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
So no one is willing to push a button on the beastx and find out what parameter B and D is set to for out of the box 300x?
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 29, 2012, 01:57 PM
Registered User
Chicago 'burbs
Joined May 2006
1,698 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
So no one is willing to push a button on the beastx and find out what parameter B and D is set to for out of the box 300x?
It's no secret, it's in the 300X manual--- page 12

Parameter B is transmitter mode (blue solid), D is "medium" (red solid).

These are the defaults, and what you will get when you hit the reset on an AR7200BX that comes with a 300X. Not what you get when you purchase the AR7200BX by itself.
Alan Hahn is offline Find More Posts by Alan Hahn
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2012, 02:36 PM
2 seconds from crashing
indoorheli's Avatar
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Dont have the manual anymore for the 300x anymore only the beastx. I would have checked this myself via the beastx if i had gotten it back from HH yet..but they are taking their time. I still wonder what they say about the frame flex in mine as there is no vibes or damage to my heli and it started happening after a few mild flights.

Interesting that it has a different factory reset/default than stock of the shelf ar7200bx's -thanks
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by indoorheli; Aug 29, 2012 at 02:44 PM. Reason: corrected
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2012, 02:57 PM
Rocket Programmer
jasmine2501's Avatar
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
Interesting that it has a different factory reset/default than stock of the shelf ar7200bx's -thanks
Is that even possible? Where's the Horizon official report saying that?
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2012, 03:13 PM
2 seconds from crashing
indoorheli's Avatar
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
Is that even possible? Where's the Horizon official report saying that?
I would imagine HH can really do anything the like to make it easy and less complaints from users. After seeing that they do really it makes quite a bit of sense for the BNF people who dont like or dont know how to setup a heli from scratch to make it easy for them to get back to stock settings. Also I am sure it would make it a lot faster setting up a whole bunch of 300x's off the line

I guess the manual for the 300x states factory defaults and resets for parameter B as blue solid (TX expo and rate control)
My brand new AR7200BX in my 450pro has a factory default of sport (red flashing) for parameter B
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2012, 03:21 PM
Rocket Programmer
jasmine2501's Avatar
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,419 Posts
Interesting. I have one of the receivers for my 500 but I haven't opened it, still waiting on other parts. Will have to check this out.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2012, 03:43 PM
2 seconds from crashing
indoorheli's Avatar
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Actually now knowing the 300x ar7200bx factory default settings are in the manual and pulling it up online, lots of factory defaults are different from the off the shelf model.
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2012, 03:59 PM
Rocket Programmer
jasmine2501's Avatar
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
Actually now knowing the 300x ar7200bx factory default settings are in the manual and pulling it up online, lots of factory defaults are different from the off the shelf model.
Yeah that's what I was going to check. I wonder if we can flash it ourselves somehow. If you can, then what I would do is find out my settings, and flash it to that as the default, so if I accidentally messed something up I could just reset it.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2012, 07:34 PM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2010
913 Posts
OK, NOW I AM SERIOUSLY PISSED OFF.... This is the second drive shaft that has snapped under little or no stress. I was literally hovering at 100% headspeed with the HorizonHobby carbon fiber blades and the shaft just snapped. I was only 5 feet off of the ground and no damage to the blades or anything else but it is a PITA to keep changing shafts. I don't have confidence to do 3D and not experience a failure.

Horizon Hobby needs a very fast engineering response to this issue.
thekubiaks is online now Find More Posts by thekubiaks
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2012, 08:00 PM
Registered User
leafs04's Avatar
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Aug 2009
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekubiaks View Post
OK, NOW I AM SERIOUSLY PISSED OFF.... This is the second drive shaft that has snapped under little or no stress. I was literally hovering at 100% headspeed with the HorizonHobby carbon fiber blades and the shaft just snapped. I was only 5 feet off of the ground and no damage to the blades or anything else but it is a PITA to keep changing shafts. I don't have confidence to do 3D and not experience a failure.

Horizon Hobby needs a very fast engineering response to this issue.
Make sure you call them....happened to me 2. But my carbon blades did not make it They told me less then 1% of shafts reported broken( so its not a issue)
My broke after I changed the shaft after 80 flights with the stock shaft.......I put back the stock shaft to scared to use the other shaft in the bag
leafs04 is offline Find More Posts by leafs04
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2012, 02:59 PM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2010
913 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekubiaks View Post
OK, NOW I AM SERIOUSLY PISSED OFF.... This is the second drive shaft that has snapped under little or no stress. I was literally hovering at 100% headspeed with the HorizonHobby carbon fiber blades and the shaft just snapped. I was only 5 feet off of the ground and no damage to the blades or anything else but it is a PITA to keep changing shafts. I don't have confidence to do 3D and not experience a failure.

Horizon Hobby needs a very fast engineering response to this issue.
Some more info on this problem. Both times the main shaft snapped at a head speed of 100%, never when running at 80 - 90%. Both times, broke teeth in the DS76 servos, with no hard impact, just a sick sounding flutter to the ground after the shafts broke. Glad the DS76 gear sets are < $3, I'm getting quite good at replacing the gears And, for bonus points, the plastic frame cracked right by the main tail drive gear...

I can't imagine how much damage will occur if I bang it in, probably shatter.
thekubiaks is online now Find More Posts by thekubiaks
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2012, 05:39 PM
You down with EPP?
johnnyrocco123's Avatar
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,818 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekubiaks View Post
Some more info on this problem. Both times the main shaft snapped at a head speed of 100%, never when running at 80 - 90%. Both times, broke teeth in the DS76 servos, with no hard impact, just a sick sounding flutter to the ground after the shafts broke. Glad the DS76 gear sets are < $3, I'm getting quite good at replacing the gears And, for bonus points, the plastic frame cracked right by the main tail drive gear...

I can't imagine how much damage will occur if I bang it in, probably shatter.
The fact that the shaft breaks in mid air 1% of the time is too much. That is incredible. I guess I will turn down my head speed to 85%

I will definitely need to dial in more negative pitch now.
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 02, 2012, 04:46 AM
Registered User
Australia, NSW, Harrington Park
Joined Apr 2008
209 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboRacer View Post
My tail servo died in flight the other day. About 25 packs through it.. HH is sending a new one but backordered till 9/20!

I didn't care because it's junk anyway. Put in a Savox SH-0262MG and test hovered it. Flew fine, felt real quick and solid. I'll know after a flight at a field tomorrow.
Hi TurboRacer,
Any further information on the Savox servos?
Tony
aerotony is offline Find More Posts by aerotony
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 02, 2012, 06:32 AM
Registered User
TurboRacer's Avatar
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
1,866 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerotony View Post
Hi TurboRacer,
Any further information on the Savox servos?
Tony
Works great! Feels good, quick and crisp. Much better than the stocker.

Had to reverse it on my TX and change sensor direction in BeastX menu then all was good.
TurboRacer is offline Find More Posts by TurboRacer
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 02, 2012, 01:57 PM
DX6i,DX7..low on model memory!
malcolxl's Avatar
SUFFOLK, ENGLAND
Joined Jan 2008
326 Posts
Hi if i want to use other than stock servos on cyclics but keep the stock servo on the tail, what do i have to do to the beast unit? what are a good alternative servo to the stock units, as I can't get them here in england.

Colin.
malcolxl is offline Find More Posts by malcolxl
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale Trex 700E FBL BeastX BNF 1600$ Shipped trevjonez Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 Aug 15, 2011 08:04 PM
For Sale Outrage 550 FBL W/BeastX BNF KenM Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 2 Jul 09, 2011 07:20 AM
Found BeastX FBL controller Hellsiege Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Jan 28, 2011 02:24 PM
Sold BeastX, Spektrum Satellite, BeastX Satellite Adapter, 450 Sport FBL Head NovaCX12 Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 Jan 22, 2011 08:07 AM
Sold Microbeast BeastX FBL unit NEW never used Z06 Tony Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Dec 07, 2010 05:23 PM