HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 21, 2012, 02:10 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,445 Posts
Yup, that's probably the only advantage of the plastic frame.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 22, 2012, 11:48 AM
Joined Aug 2010
930 Posts
Am I missing something??

My 300X has some slop in the tail blades. I can pull and push the tail blades inward and outward from the center shaft about 1mm. I immediately thought the screws holding the tail blade grips on had worked themselves loose.

After dis-assembly, everything is tight and loctited but I can still pull and push the tail blades. Maybe I need to add some shims? Is this by design? Does your 300X have this slop? Thanks.
thekubiaks is offline Find More Posts by thekubiaks
Old Aug 22, 2012, 12:34 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,445 Posts
All helicopters have a little play in the tail like that. You'll drive yourself crazy trying to get rid of it, and it won't help much. I think it's a design feature
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Aug 22, 2012, 12:55 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Excessive tail slop is normal for plastic tail kits. You will still get some in metal kits but not near as much. On the 300 tail it does have quite a bit of slop but you wont feel it to often unless you do extreme moves and even more so if you do them back to back.
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Aug 22, 2012, 01:00 PM
Chicago 'burbs
Joined May 2006
1,703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekubiaks View Post
My 300X has some slop in the tail blades. I can pull and push the tail blades inward and outward from the center shaft about 1mm. I immediately thought the screws holding the tail blade grips on had worked themselves loose.

After dis-assembly, everything is tight and loctited but I can still pull and push the tail blades. Maybe I need to add some shims? Is this by design? Does your 300X have this slop? Thanks.
The slop you are talking about will be completely taken out when the heli spools up. The main issue, IMHO, e.g. it that the slop is symmetrical, both blades move out the same amount. Otherwise the tail won't be balanced.

On my 300X, I have the same slop (and at first also thought the bolts weren't tight, but obviously they were. On the other hand, my 300X is really vibration free.
Alan Hahn is offline Find More Posts by Alan Hahn
Old Aug 22, 2012, 01:21 PM
Joined Aug 2010
930 Posts
Thanks for the replies. My 300X is flying really nicely, I'm still paranoid about screws loosening up and something in the head or tail flying apart. Just starting 3D with the 300X, I had to come home to change pants after a few scares...
Old Aug 22, 2012, 09:08 PM
United States, FL, Boynton Beach
Joined Aug 2011
392 Posts
Anyone try a 10t pinion yet?
lkagan is offline Find More Posts by lkagan
Old Aug 24, 2012, 05:33 PM
Chesapeake Bay RC Club
USA, MD, Annapolis
Joined Feb 2005
4,930 Posts
Just setup my DX8 according to the manual. Nowhere in the manual does it say to limit head speed to 70% with the supplied wood blades that I can find. Either I am blind or missing something. Can anyone help?
Gary
Gary Hoorn is offline Find More Posts by Gary Hoorn
Old Aug 24, 2012, 05:42 PM
Joined Aug 2010
930 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Hoorn View Post
Just setup my DX8 according to the manual. Nowhere in the manual does it say to limit head speed to 70% with the supplied wood blades that I can find. Either I am blind or missing something. Can anyone help?
Gary
I had the same question. Supposedly there is an addendum sheet somewhere in the box that states this?? Anyway, I ran my wood blades at 80%, never had a prob.

I am now running CF blades at 100%, they are a little better.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 06:40 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Aug 24, 2012, 09:58 PM
Chesapeake Bay RC Club
USA, MD, Annapolis
Joined Feb 2005
4,930 Posts
indoorheli,
Thank you. If this was an insert they missed my box.
Gary
Gary Hoorn is offline Find More Posts by Gary Hoorn
Old Aug 25, 2012, 11:07 PM
RC Keeps Me Sane
United States, NJ, Carlstadt
Joined Sep 2005
1,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Hoorn View Post
indoorheli,
Thank you. If this was an insert they missed my box.
Gary
There were actually 4 additional addendum sheets of corrections/warnings included with my heli.
DanBo3D is offline Find More Posts by DanBo3D
Old Aug 25, 2012, 11:45 PM
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
1,913 Posts
My tail servo died in flight the other day. About 25 packs through it.. HH is sending a new one but backordered till 9/20!

I didn't care because it's junk anyway. Put in a Savox SH-0262MG and test hovered it. Flew fine, felt real quick and solid. I'll know after a flight at a field tomorrow.
TurboRacer is offline Find More Posts by TurboRacer
Old Aug 26, 2012, 04:05 AM
DX6i,DX7..low on model memory!
SUFFOLK, ENGLAND
Joined Jan 2008
326 Posts
Hi read a magazine review yesterday and they said included in the box was a set up/repair dvd? Did anyone else get one? I didn't find one in my box.
Colin.
malcolxl is offline Find More Posts by malcolxl
Old Aug 26, 2012, 04:27 AM
North West UK
Joined Nov 2010
349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolxl View Post
Hi read a magazine review yesterday and they said included in the box was a set up/repair dvd? Did anyone else get one? I didn't find one in my box.
Colin.
No DVD with mine.
Roblister is offline Find More Posts by Roblister